Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2005 5:14:27 PM EDT
I got to thinking about some of the comic books I read as a kid.

Weird War
Sgt. Rock
GI Combat

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but I remember these guys.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I read them, too.

ETA, BOTH types of comics.

"Freewheelin' Franklin sez "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope."
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Kept me awake when I pulled C.Q.

And on the Freak Brothers:
I am Freak Brother #965
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember Weird War. Used to read it and GI Combat, it was the tank that had Gen JEB Stuart as its guardian.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow! I was just talking about "Weird War" comics with my friend a short time ago.

Memories indeed. Freaky stuff.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have a lot of my D.C. war comics from the 60's and 70's boxed up in the garage. When I was a kid I read them till the covers fell off. Sgt. Rock was my favorite. There was talk a few years ago about a Sgt. Rock movie being made with either Bruce Willis or Arnold playing the crusty NCO. With his square jaw and a few more wrinkles, Howie Long would also make a good Sgt. Rock.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't read comics as a kid or adult.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
No too long ago I heard some strange revelations concerning with the comic 'SGT Rock,’ if that was the one with the bowler-wearing British soldier.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I was researching the movie Predator, and found that they got some of their concepts from Sgt. Rock -- like where Sonny Latham could sense that they were being watched by the Predator.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No too long ago I heard some strange revelations concerning with the comic 'SGT Rock,’ if that was the one with the bowler-wearing British soldier.

That would be the Sgt. Fury comic book, and the British soldier wore a beret. There was a large, red-haired American corporal named "Dum-Dum" in the comic who wore a bowler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top