Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/11/2005 3:03:08 PM EDT
They came today to fix my heat.  I came home to a toasty warm house, but my little orange bastard did not come running to greet me like he always does.  uffffff The SOB let my INDOOR cat out!  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If it was a female, I hope she was fixed.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Here kitty, kitty, kitty.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yuck............I never could understand cats though.........I was evil to them as a kid - outgrew that though - most cats are too snobbish for me to like now.........anyways........I can't even have a pet with my current situation......(active duty) so I talk to my rifle......{just kidding} lol........
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
never allow any one inside your house unless you're there.  Anything else missing?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
You have an orange pussy?

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]
since Sarge hasn't shown up yet....

Did you thank him?
(I'd be pissed too)
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
never allow any one inside your house unless you're there.  Anything else missing?

just the kitty...

And I know, you are right... I TRY to always be here, but I live alone and don't have anyone else to help share that responsibility.  Unfortunately I couldn't take off today, and the only other option would be to go all weekend without heat.  That doesn't work, since I have no one to keep me warm, either!

Hopefully he will come home soon...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Can of tuna opened on the porch should get every cat within 2 miles over there.

G23c
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a friend that used to be a carpet installer. He and another guy were doing a job for a woman. She went out to the store and promised to be back in a few  minutes. She had a small dog. The kind that barks a lot and nips at your heels.  My buddy's partner was in another room putting down tackless and the dog kept bothering him. He tried to shoo it away but it didn't stop. He tapped it on the head with a small hammer and accidently killed the dog. He rolled it up in scraps and put it in the van for disposal.

The woman returned and asked about her dog. My buddy at this point didn't know what happened to it but his partner told her that the dog got out when he went to the van for some materials. He later told my buddy the real story.

I'm not suggesting that your furnace repair guy killed your cat but you should never leave service people alone in your home. I could tell you other stories about carpet installers.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Have you found your cat?  I hope it is ok.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

just the kitty...

And I know, you are right... I TRY to always be here, but I live alone and don't have anyone else to help share that responsibility.  Unfortunately I couldn't take off today, and the only other option would be to go all weekend without heat.  That doesn't work, since I have no one to keep me warm, either!

Start convassing the neighborhood, distribute photos of the cat.  It's sad to lose a pet.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#15]
don't just stand there Focker.  go find the cat.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Are there any telltale signs of a temporary ammo fort, an action figure movie set, or a man from Tennessee?

Just covering the usual suspects in these matters...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#17]
So how much do you owe him for that favor?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#18]
This repairman has been here before and is a close friend of my landlady, I really don't think I would have to worry about him stealing anything, or killing my cat.  I am a little pissed, though, as I left a key out for him with instructions to leave it on the dining room table, but he put it back outside.

As far as looking for my little Tecate, I have alerted my closest neighbors, and some of the neighborhood kids are looking for him.  It does me no real good to try, as I am completely blind in one eye, and have no night vision.  

I hope he turns up soon; he is about the coolest cat that ever lived.  He has the good "dog" qualities, like being affectionate and attentive and coming when you call him, but at the same time has the good cat qualities like being independent and not too needy.  He runs to meet me at the door every time I come in, even if I just went to take out the trash.  He follows me from room to room, and even if he is not in my lap, he is curled up nearby.  LOL When I clean my guns, he sits with me and "cleans" the box my cleaning kit is kept in!

Damn, I love my cat!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Carpet installers are really funny after they have snorted a few lines of meth.

Quoted:
I could tell you other stories about carpet installers.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Are there any telltale signs of a temporary ammo fort, an action figure movie set, or a man from Tennessee?

Just covering the usual suspects in these matters...

1)  A bunch of ammo, but no signs of construction

2) No "action" here, not even action figures

3) See No. 2
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope he comes back. I would put some food out also. He might be nearby, and just a little scared to come out. Give him a call every once in a while. Cats are smart. Hope it turns out good
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope you get him back, losing a companion like that is very hurtful. If I lived closer I'd help you look cause I know how it feels. Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This repairman has been here before and is a close friend of my landlady, I really don't think I would have to worry about him stealing anything, or killing my cat.  I am a little pissed, though, as I left a key out for him with instructions to leave it on the dining room table, but he put it back outside.

As far as looking for my little Tecate, I have alerted my closest neighbors, and some of the neighborhood kids are looking for him.  It does me no real good to try, as I am completely blind in one eye, and have no night vision.  

I hope he turns up soon; he is about the coolest cat that ever lived.  He has the good "dog" qualities, like being affectionate and attentive and coming when you call him, but at the same time has the good cat qualities like being independent and not too needy.  He runs to meet me at the door every time I come in, even if I just went to take out the trash.  He follows me from room to room, and even if he is not in my lap, he is curled up nearby.  LOL When I clean my guns, he sits with me and "cleans" the box my cleaning kit is kept in!

Damn, I love my cat!

Awwww now it comes to light "He" escaped and it's Friday Night on the Town Tom Cat style'in.He will be back I'm just taken care of bizznis lickin his chops with a content attitude
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#24]
That reminds me...I gotta post dinner pics.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Homeowner's and their fuckin pets. I'm a A/C and Heat serviceman. I love most all pets. Mainly dogs and only male cats. Female cats are to pissy. I even have customer's with pet pigs, horses, snakes, birds and so on. Even one with a pet Lion.

So this is my take, from a serviceman's side. Homeowner's know there pets the best. You know if your pet will run away, if let out. You know if your pet, will bite the service man. You know if your pet will bother the shit out of the serviceman. So now we have that understanding.

Next a homeowner should take responsibilty of there pets actions/behavior. If you know a serviceman is going to be at your house. Be responsible pet owner and take care of your pet. If this means putting your pet in the garage, master bedroom or where ever. It's the homeowners responsibility to make sure your serviceman has a pleasant visit. And vice versa.

Remember you the homeowner, invited the serviceman into your house. Respect them as you expect them to respect you. I have never let a customer's pet run away, in the nineteen years of service.

And one more thing. If you schedule a serviceman to come to your house. Clean/move things like the kitty liter box away from the furnace. Don't leave it in front of the furnace. And if you have dogs. Clean the dog shit up in the yard. I shouldn't have to dodge land mines trying to walk to your A/C unit. Nor should I have to smell your dogs crap while working.

As for your cat, I hope you find it. But if you knew your cat would run away. You should of put it in the master bedroom. Shut the door and put a big note saying "Don't Let The Cat Out". That's what a real responsible pet owner would do.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#26]
check in one of the many cat threads posted and see if little orangey turns up as the primary topic of conversation.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
  As for your cat, I hope you find it. But if you knew your cat would run away. You should of put it in the master bedroom. Shut the door and put a big note saying "Don't Let The Cat Out". That's what a real responsible pet owner would do.

FYI:  I ASKED if he wanted me to lock the cat up and he said no.  I told him that he is an INDOOR cat and that I didn't want him let out, and he said no problem.  My cat does NOT usually run away (he usually doesn't even try for the door) but there are quite a few neighborhood strays that may have tempted him, especially if he was given the opportunity (like a door was left open while someone went to get tools from the truck.)

I understand that techs have to deal with a lot of crap sometimes from  pet owners and their pets.  I am NOT inconsiderate.  When I had dogs, they were secured.  The litter box is always removed from the laundry room if the washer/dryer/water heater need to be serviced.

I addressed this issue IN ADVANCE with the tech (who has been to my house before), and I don't appreciate the implication that this is my fault due to not being a "real responsible pet owner."

I had also left instructions for him to leave the key on the dining room table, but he left it outside under the mat again.  Is that MY fault?  Was I an irresponsible key owner?  Or was my key trying to run away, too?

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#28]

In your case I'd call the prick to come find your cat.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I'm thinkin' that's your way of takin' back the "irresponsible pet owner" thing...
Thanks!

I empathize with techs who open doors to find Cujo awaiting them, with no warning.  I really do.  Or to have to work on the water heater, situated 6" from the litter box used by a dozen cats.  

I'm not that way.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinkin' that's your way of takin' back the "irresponsible pet owner" thing...
Thanks!

I empathize with techs who open doors to find Cujo awaiting them, with no warning.  I really do.  Or to have to work on the water heater, situated 6" from the litter box used by a dozen cats.  

I'm not that way.

As a service tech I really really hate the kujo waiting for you it pisses me off to no end (even had to knee one in the chest to get it off me once while the owner stood there saying kujo isnt normaly like this) as far as the kitty litter box that is easy do what I do and pick it up and put it on the dining room table if it is right where you gota work. I garuntee you wont have to move it again (this has only happend once)
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I just heard my little orange bastard crying, got up and ran to the front door, and there he was!  My little Tecate is HOME!!!!!!

(and yes, sgtar, I am going to buy him a present!)
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I just heard my little orange bastard crying, got up and ran to the front door, and there he was!  My little Tecate is HOME!!!!!!

AWESOME !

Good to see a happy ending.

Btw - here's a piece of advice if you don't already do so.  I have a stack of PRE-PRINTED "lost cat" fliers with pictures, phone#, etc, that I can start putting up immediately if one of mine gets out. Always a good idea to have this stuff ready, because you don't want to have to waste time with it AFTER the cat is out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yay

I'd be freaked.  My cat wouldn't know what to do outside, then again I think the first strange thing she saw would send her running right back.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Btw - here's a piece of advice if you don't already do so.  I have a stack of PRE-PRINTED "lost cat" fliers with pictures, phone#, etc, that I can start putting up immediately if one of mine gets out. Always a good idea to have this stuff ready, because you don't want to have to waste time with it AFTER the cat is out.

Good advice!  I keep one ready on the comp, just have to hit print.  He was gone for 7 weeks last summer (the f*#@ng ex let him out) and I was beside myself, had the neighborhood covered in flyers.  Turns out he had wandered over to the neighbors' house and was playing with her kids in the front yard.  They liked him, asked to keep him, and the biotch said YES!  In spite of my flyers all over the place! uffffffff

Anyway, happy ending... my little orange velcro is back home, and mami and kitty are both purring tonight!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Congrats, Mai, glad he made it home.
How long will the furrhead be on house arrest??
DaddyDett
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#36]
It was your fault. I don't care if you warned him or not.
You left your cat alone with a stranger in his house.
That guy was there to fix your furnace not chase cats.
I'm glad your cat's back, I hope you learn from this.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#37]
He is PERMANENTLY confined to quarters!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Cats always come back when they get hungry enough.  They are both lazy and smart enough to know where to get food with a minimum of effort.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Good news! Cats usually find their way home. They are smart that way. Glad it worked out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Quoted:
 He was gone for 7 weeks last summer (the f*#@ng ex let him out) and I was beside myself, had the neighborhood covered in flyers.  Turns out he had wandered over to the neighbors' house and was playing with her kids in the front yard.  They liked him, asked to keep him, and the biotch said YES!  In spite of my flyers all over the place! uffffffff

I would seriously have lost my damn MIND and been a nervous wreck if one of my cats had gone missing for 7 weeks !!!  

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Send the repair shop a bill for your expenses to recover the cat.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Too bad you're in GA.  As a fellow cat-lover (have 5) I'd offer to come over and help watch the cat and see what I could do about keeping you warm.  Us WI boys know a little bit about that stuff.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#43]
She isn't cold. Just needs her toilet fixed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
She isn't cold anymore. Just needs her toilet fixed.

The heat got fixed!  But yeah, now there's the toilet...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

just the kitty...

Might I be able to offer my services in keeping you warm?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#46]
 I love happy cat stories.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

New rifle?

May I suggest a .308?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks!  He's in my lap... I think he's glad to be home!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Theraphy...that-a-way----->

And that-a-way
<--------------------

You need serious help

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Thanks!  He's in my lap... I think he's glad to be home!

MAy I pet the kitty?

SGatr15
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top