BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2001 9:44:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Second on the edmunds link, best site out there for free info on EVERY aspect of auto info/tests/reviews/purchase/leasing.

Check [url]www.carsdirect.com[/url] for pricing. You can pick your model, trim package and options and it shows you the wholesale and retail price on each item. It's generally a lot lower than any dealership you walk into and although you may not actually want to buy the car off the internet the printout with the low price is GREAT leverage when haggling over price with the sales rep.

I saved about $3,000 with this method.

And I paraphrase....but no dramatic license.

Me: "Well carsdirect has it for 24,506."

Salesweasel: "I just can't see how they do that. There's a lot here that you'll be missing if you buy with them."

Me: "Like what, here's the options on the printout that matches the car we've just agreed on, all included and for the price I'm asking you for. If you can't meet it I'll just go with them."

Salesweasel: "Let me talk to my manager."

Price met, I have a new car. 2001 VW Passat loaded(except for the V6)for the price I wanted.

If your not gonna do that at least play the local dealers against each other. It's amazing how flexible they become when they know your really shopping around.

Edmunds is god for used car info too.

Good Luck

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Try a Toyota Tundra, its made in America and you wont find better quality anywhere.
[x]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top