Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2001 1:55:02 PM EDT
We put the Chechnyan video on our site for everyone. I couldn't keep up with the email barrage I got today.

Here is the direct link:

[url]http://www.rangerarms.com/russian_death_video.htm[/url]

Here is our home page:

[url]www.rangerarms.com[/url]

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Woo hoo! That one had additional footage! The version I saw before ended after the throat cutting.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I gotta tell you that watching that Russian soldier get his throat cut open has stuck with me for some time now.

I really don't understand why so many people want to watch it over and over and over. It's incredibly brutal.

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno maybe they want to become desensitized. When conflict occurs here, I am sure things like that or worse will happen.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the hype.
The worse you say it is, the more they will want to watch it.

So, to anyone who hasn't seen it...
I'll just say this.

There is noting on the internet, or even concieveable, that could be any worse.

This is as absolute bad as humanity gets.

So go watch, because it will drive you nuts if you don't...

"Is it really as bad as they say"??
"I bet I can take it and not ever thing about it again!"

Really. Go look. Just make sure there aren't any kids in the room. That would absolutley fuck one up for the rest of his/her life, no doubt 100% for sure.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
I dunno maybe they want to become desensitized. When conflict occurs here, I am sure things like that or worse will happen.
View Quote

I hope and pray you are wrong.

That video is very disturbing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I was having a nice time till I watched it then I got sick, (guess I shouldn't have been eating at the time). This seems to be what can be expected in warfare because humanity has become so far advanced. If it was war a few years ago they would have cut his balls off first, then his head. See, it could have been worse.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
the way they were talking in the back ground you would think that they do it everyday during meals.....I have worked in medical field anb blood in real life dosnt seem to be as bad as in tv shows like "life in the ER" .. i hope hes not right and as a soceity we are not just decensitized. that was a F#$K up video i hope thoose rat bastards burn in hell.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Just what exactly was this poor soul beheaded for?

13th Monkey
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]

OK I'll Bite -

I held off on watching this flic for a couple
of days- because I thought it would be shocking
and Gross.

Well guess what - it was shocking and gross-

But I didn't feel a thing!!

You can Call me callous and inhumane I frankly
don't give a crap!!

DID YOU EVBER HAVE A LOVED ONE MURDERED?

I HAVE !!!

To you Bozoz's who don't have a clue ---

LIFE IS HARD !!!  [;D]

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#12]
So does this mean that snuff films exist?  Geez, that was gruesome!  At one point, it sounded like someone brought in a boar!  The black and white aspect makes it especially horrifying.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Yeah - Just as I thought -

A lot of people on here don't have a clue
as too what happens in the real world.

No Prob - hope we all meet up on the right
side soon. [:D]

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I've seen this a few times and it is very disturbing to me. I think about this a few times a day actually. Whenever I see this video, I think about this soldier's family. Maybe he had a wife or a few kids. His parents were most likely proud that he was serving his country and standing up for it's beliefs. It might have been someone who you meet at the bar, have a few beers and talk about how good of a bang "Suzy Rottencrotch" was. This man was most likely no different from you or I. THATS what bothers me.

But there's another part of me that thinks differently. If there was a war in our country, and foreign troops raped or murdered one of my family members, look out. Cuz that son of a bitch would get WORSE than what this guy got.

Nomex on.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I think one of the worst things about this video, for me at least, is what I relate to.
I can't even begin to imagine the fear and horror that Russian was going through, I don't think anyone can.

Here's the fvcked part; I can relate more to the beheader.  
******NOT MORALLY, OF COURSE!!!!!!*************
               -but-
I've cut up meat.  I've butchered animals.  I've cut through bones and grisle and tendons, however, IN ANIMALS.
I've also restrained people.  
I've made people fear for their lives.

That's what freaks me out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Gosh I am sorry - I must be even further out there - cuz "it don't mean nothing". I know - that is the wrong answer - but it is the honest one.

AKs Rule is right.

If it were friend or family member of mine - that would have been what they prayed for.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#19]
this is the one case where xDSL is a huge drawback.  This one... It was over before I realized it was real.  i jut linked and watched

Usually I am pretty unamazed by inks etc, just kinda roll my eyes.  This one...a fine example of humanity, no?  I robably could have dealt with it but just as it finished by 2 year old daughter walked in the room.  "Daddy"

This one will stick with me for a long time.  I have seen peopl mashed by cars and die in them while they are in fire.  this was malice and sick.

...and those who take pleasure from it....

i fear you more than any government or politico group.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
this is the one case where xDSL is a huge drawback.  This one... It was over before I realized it was real.  i just linked and watched

Usually I am pretty unamazed by inks etc, just kinda roll my eyes.  This one...a fine example of humanity, no?  I probably could have dealt with it but just as it finished my 2 year old daughter walked in the room.  "Daddy"

This one will stick with me for a long time.  I have seen peopl mashed by cars and die in them while they are in fire.  this was malice and sick.

...and those who take pleasure from it....

i fear you more than any government or politico group.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]
[url]http://www.ogrish.com/mmedia.php[/url]

More videos here>

Very graphic stuff **warning**
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#22]
[url]http://www.ogrish.com/fordiehards.htm[/url]

live suicide video here

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Honestly, I didn't think it was THAT bad. It was bad yes, but not THAT bad.

I'm POSITIVE there have been worse things.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Told Rodinator about it on the way to the TMRS and he said "no big deal" he would be able to handle it.

He just called me after watching it the first time and said that he was very disturbing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.ogrish.com/fordiehards.htm[/url]

live suicide video here

View Quote

this won't open, says not a specified win32 something or other.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I went to the ogrish.com site and watched a few of those sick ass videos.

I found that it didn't bother me as much when people took their lives into their own hands and died like the motorcycle stunt men or tight rope walker.  They understood the risks and still did it.

I even watched a video where a guy shoots his daughters rapist in the temple.  That didn't bother me either.

If I have the background info I can understand the visual better.

With the video we all assume the guy was the "victim".  What if (for example) he was a German being killed by a Jew that had been tortured?

Maybe he killed that guys buddy, or family members, or whole platoon?

Who knows.

For me it is the uncertainty that is so brutal.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:22:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the video 11B....cool website too. This video didn't disturb me near as much as U.S. soldiers being dragged through the streets of Somalia and not being able to do a damn thing about it. It was gruesome, but not as bad as seeing fellow rangers dragged like animals.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:32:11 AM EDT
[#28]
For some reason my setup won't let me see it. Several of you have said that thes kind of stuff was standard operating procedure by the Afghanistan natives. Now wouldn't you think that after the first video/rumor surfaces about what the Afghanees do to prisoner came to light the Russians would do whatever it took to prevent from being captured?? What do you think the Russian soldiers would do to Afghanee prisoners after stuff like this came to light, what about Afghanee villager suspected of harboring fighters??

Wouldn't it make the Russians a fiercer fighting force, knowing there can be no surrender??
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#29]
It didnt hurt me as much as it did him i guess.
War is hell i hear...what can one say to that, besides he must have pissed somebody off. Bad, really bad.Guess i will go and get breakfast now.
peace out
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:22:20 AM EDT
[#30]
I couldn't figure it out at first, but that video made me feel bad for letting it happen.
I thought about it for a while, and then I realized why that particular video has such an impact on people.

Whoever filmed that is a genius.
Most of those real death videos are shot from a few yards away.
But on this one, the camera is giving you the perspective of the guy doing the killing.
It is like the viewer is standing over the guy cutting his throat.
I think that is why this video is so disturbing.
You're sitting there behind a computer all relaxed and the next thing you know, you're standing over a guy being murdered.
You feel like you just killed a guy in cold blood.
No wonder the feeling of guilt.
Imagine the impact to the guys family when they pop this anonomously mailed tape into the VCR.
Think of the guilty conscience they must have.

Think of the loss of support for the war that the Russians are facing at home. It has got to make the lower and middle class think "what the hell are we doing there?"

Does this make sense to anybody else?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Bravo i think i could agree with you on  that.plus i dont know why it is but the black and white also does something strange to the mind.I just wish i knew what he did or didnt do.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#32]
My guess is .....

If this is a Russian soldier in enemy territory, he probably already killed many Checnians(sp).
I wasn't terribly disturbed by the video, knowing there's probably more to the story...If he was "just" a POW, you'd think a simple bullet to the head would have sufficed. I'll bet the guy probably killed Checnian(sp) women and children or a buddy or family member of the executioner...
It's hard to believe he was be-headed just for "fun"...

I still didn't need to see it though...
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#33]
I was disturbed by it because it's murder. It's not like he was being executed for war crimes. They hang people or shoot them in the head for that. They dont put their foot on your head and cut your neck. That Russian soldier was murdered. I've seen lots of death and destruction and the only thing that ever gets to me is murder. I've seen the aftermath of really bad car accidents where the bodies look like just a bloody smear on the road. That stuff doesn't get to me. That video that Frank The Spank posted in another thread of a guy getting shot in cold blood disturbed me. It was not like he blew the guy away in self defense or in war. He shot him in cold blood. That is why it disturbed me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#34]
that was disturbing. Just watching a human being killed like that. it just... disturbing. no other way to describe it. I didn't do it, but even thinking about doing that to another human being is just horrible. We don't have the background on why that was done, but a gunshot to the head serves a better purpose. Its quick, and sends them straight to hell.
I'll be thinking about that video for a while. Now I understand better why veterans say war is hell. And I understand what humans are capable of.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Its hard to put into words the visceral effect of the video when first seen. It makes it very clear that when the vestigages of humanity leaves a people, then these type of acts become common place and no one see the wrong in it. If it is the enemy, then they deserve to die like the enemy, not like a trust up pig devoid of all human dignaty.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Yep, OK, whew.  I thought this was a fake the first time, but I'm pretty convinced this is the real thing.  A spook friend thinks the video quality is likely due to satellite transmission.  Don't let'em take you alive!
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#37]
You gents obviously don't remember (or in todays schools, you simply weren't taught!) your history lessons. Reread Indian/Colonial times history. Scalping, skinning, and eating (yep, the C-word) weren't all that uncommon during the French and Indian War and even during the Revolutionary War. Don't forget that the Iroquois "6" Nations (5 actually, as the Oneida's sided with the Colonials) were active participants in warfare on the frontier (central and Western NY, PA, Ohio) while Washington was fighting the Bristish troops. The savagery was intense-on both sides. If you find them read books by Allen Eckert (IIRC), with titles like "Wilderness War." You will understand why Indians were treated the way they were, and gain a new appreciation for our Founding Fathers.

The 6 Nations by the way, especially the Mohawks, were really masters of warfare on their own terms. They were defeated more by starvation (look up the Sullivan Campaign) and broken spirit than by the hatchet. Very interesting people and times.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hang on, someone's knocking at the door...
View Quote

Well, who was it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top