Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2005 6:30:08 AM EDT
I just found a first edition of Stephen King's "The Shining."  I guess I could just do eBay, but are there better places for selling off something like this?

Clueless in this area,

Mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Depending on the condition its worth a good bit.Friend of mine sold simaler for dust jacket $100 ,book $70 sell it private but you will need to advertize!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You can still get used first edition copies off Amazon.com for less than $5, wouldn't be planning on a big haul there at E-bay, but then ya never know.........

Mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy crap! I go off looking for Stephen King Collector's website and check my usual haunt for all things SK and I find this on the front page of thedarktower.net

Hey, you guys: As you may--or may not--know, January 20th is more than Inauguration Day. It's also Not One Damn Dime Day, which may be the closest thing to a national strike those of us appalled by the continuing carnage in Iraq and this administration's complete lack of an exit strategy (any kind of strategy, really) can muster.. The plan is simple: On January 20th, don't spend one damn dime. Don't buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of beer, a pack of Pampers, or the daily newspaper. Stick to your stocks...and stick it to the war machine, just a little bit. It's simple, and it probably won't do much good, but we can say this: the one thing of which the bozos driving this bus seem to have some dim grasp is COMMERCE. So remember: no Big Mac, no can of Coke at the Kwik-Pik, no lottery ticket, no copy of the new John Grisham. On January 20th, not one damn dime.

Please--pass the message on.
Stephen King

Now tyler hasn't provided a link, yet, for where this came from and I'm not sure he rates personal contact with the big guy yet so I don't know how credible the above it. If it is credible, I won't be spending money on Stephen King stuff on Janyuary 20 or any other day for that matter.

He fucked up The Dark Tower and that just wasn't enough..
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Even if it is signed, it is basically worthless.  These are a commodity item, not a rare book.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Hrm.

Well, I figure I'll be able to get my buck back pretty easily-- even if it's not worth a whole lot.  

Oh well,

Mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Even if it is signed, it is basically worthless.  These are a commodity item, not a rare book.

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Worth is all a matter of how much people will pay for something  Lots of signed, first edition books routinely sell for decent money.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Worth is all a matter of how much people will pay for something  Lots of signed, first edition books routinely sell for decent money.

And many more of those, dont every sell.
CH
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:14:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Holy crap! I go off looking for Stephen King Collector's website and check my usual haunt for all things SK and I find this on the front page of thedarktower.net

Hey, you guys: As you may--or may not--know, January 20th is more than Inauguration Day. It's also Not One Damn Dime Day, which may be the closest thing to a national strike those of us appalled by the continuing carnage in Iraq and this administration's complete lack of an exit strategy (any kind of strategy, really) can muster.. The plan is simple: On January 20th, don't spend one damn dime. Don't buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of beer, a pack of Pampers, or the daily newspaper. Stick to your stocks...and stick it to the war machine, just a little bit. It's simple, and it probably won't do much good, but we can say this: the one thing of which the bozos driving this bus seem to have some dim grasp is COMMERCE. So remember: no Big Mac, no can of Coke at the Kwik-Pik, no lottery ticket, no copy of the new John Grisham. On January 20th, not one damn dime.

Please--pass the message on.
Stephen King

Now tyler hasn't provided a link, yet, for where this came from and I'm not sure he rates personal contact with the big guy yet so I don't know how credible the above it. If it is credible, I won't be spending money on Stephen King stuff on Janyuary 20 or any other day for that matter.

He fucked up The Dark Tower and that just wasn't enough..

Are you a member on that site?

Please post this for me:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dear Mr. King-

We don't care to hear your politics.

Shut up and dance.

Signed,

America

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top