Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 9:41:43 PM EDT
What are your thoughere here.  Is it better to be miserable with the occasional good hour or day or be happy even though its a flase sense of it because there is no reason to be.

Is it better to be unhappy and see everything normally compared to being out of it and happy all the time?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What are your thoughere here.  Is it better to be miserable with the occasional good hour or day or be happy even though its a flase sense of it because there is no reason to be.

Is it better to be unhappy and see everything normally compared to being out of it and happy all the time?

I fight to be optomistic every day of my life.
I think it's better to "try" to have a sense of happiness.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The more I know the less happy i am so I would say I would rather be dumb and happy than smart and unhappy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You own a gun don't you? You might as well go out and shoot yourself...
...a couple of nice groups into the 10 ring! Cheer up man!!! Get to the range more. BTW: are you getting enough excercise?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]

It's what I do; happiness is relative and can be tied to a chemical imbalance.

CW
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You own a gun don't you? You might as well go out and shoot yourself...

...a couple of nice groups into the 10 ring! Cheer up man!!! Get to the range more. BTW: are you getting enough excercise?

Currently clearing out several guns hopefully.  Excercise is the same stuff I normally do, except with lack of sleep but thats normal.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Being angry or depressed about life doesn't do anything to help
your situation.
You need to actually do something to fix your problems.
Nothing and noone will come to you and make all your
problems go away.
You are the only one who can help yourself.
Stop waiting for it.
Go out and get it done.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#7]
One question at a time....

Is a false sense of happiness better then a true sense of misery?

Yes.

That's obvious.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
One question at a time....

Is a false sense of happiness better then a true sense of misery?

Yes.

That's obvious.

So how far should someone go to accomplish that?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No, I don't want to be a happy retard (mentally challenged person, OK).    

The bad of life makes the good of it that much sweeter.  

Old Abe said:  'You're about as happy as you make up your mind to be.'

On second thought,

Damn, that would make for a shitty outlook on life.  

How 'bout,

'Thank God I'm alive.  Life is wonderful.  I can overcome any challenge.  ....'

You OK?  Need the helpline number?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#10]
If you've read Brave New World, which lived a better life? The 'Savage', who suffered misery, frustration, persecution, and pain his entire life, or the semi-moron Delta slave who grinned idiotically through the drug-induced stupor his entire life?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Taxman would rather lie to himself than
actually do something positive to overcome
his obstacles.
Tough problems for tough men.
Doesn't seem like that applies to him though.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Taxman would rather lie to himself than
actually do something positive to overcome
his obstacles.
Tough problems for tough men.
Doesn't seem like that applies to him though.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not.

Lie to myself how?

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
A false sense of happiness is a lie, when you know
you are not really happy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
A false sense of happiness is a lie, when you know
you are not really happy.

How often do people do this, drining, watching movies to escape from reality, plenty of other wsys legal and illegal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#16]
They do it too often.
However, most do not wish for a short life.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't mask my sadness/depression/misery (what ever you want to call it), I deal with it. If I'm pissed you'll know.

Taxman, you seem really bummed out. I don't know your situation but if you can, try giving your life a good douching. If you have no reason to be where you are sell your shit pack your bags and split. Pick a place you always wanted to go and go there. I feel that most people I know are in a rut and can't leave/change because of obligations. Find happiness before it's really hard to.

I have 1yr and 3mths before I can leave NY...and can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't mask my sadness/depression/misery (what ever you want to call it), I deal with it. If I'm pissed you'll know.

Taxman, you seem really bummed out. I don't know your situation but if you can, try giving your life a good douching. If you have no reason to be where you are sell your shit pack your bags and split. Pick a place you always wanted to go and go there. I feel that most people I know are in a rut and can't leave/change because of obligations. Find happiness before it's really hard to.

I have 1yr and 3mths before I can leave NY...and can't wait.

Well I dont really have anywhere that I want to go, other then go home and go to sleep at the moment.  

As for the selling stuff Im working on clearing out stuff but thats for many reasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top