Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 11:54:39 AM EDT
I have the stock off, does the buffer tube just screw off? I've just been using my hands and can't get it off.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it does - it lefty loosey like anything else, however ensure you have the buffer retention pin depressed while you're cranking it off until the tub clears it.

Plus, make sure you hold onto the buffer retention pin as it will try to fly away on spring power.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Cresent wrench, just screws off.

Quoted:
I've just been using my hands and can't get it off.

Quoted:
..... while you're cranking it off...

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#3]
See the flats on the back of the tube? Try a wrench there. Watch out for the buffer retainer and spring to take flight when you loosen it up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one of those wrenches that uses a rubber strap to grab the pipe you want to loosen / tighten.  Works GREAT for Buffer tubes.

Dissassemble inside an empty garbage bag to give you room to move the wrench and such, and it'll catch any small, spring-loaded parts you forget to hold on to.

Gallon Zip-Loc bags work well for dissassembling / assembling lowers, since you don't need a lot of room besides your hands and the lower, and they're clear too!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it, thanks guys. Wrench did the trick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top