Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 3:58:06 PM EDT
That other thread got me back to thinking...

(Im not up to knowledge on all this stuff, so excuse the stupid questions please)

If I want to own a full auto weapon, is this all I have to fill out, or is there more?

Is there somewhere I can go where someone will help me fill it out?

When it asks for a serial number, if I was planning on building the SMG, how would I know what the serial number was?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
bump?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
more specifics man!

uhh, nowadays you also have to self certify your citizenship.

also fingerprint cards and cleo sign off, but you knew that , right?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
more specifics man!

uhh, nowadays you also have to self certify your citizenship.

also fingerprint cards and cleo sign off, but you knew that , right?

yeah, i knew that part, I was just having issues with the serial number questions and such.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

When it asks for a serial number, if I was planning on building the SMG, how would I know what the serial number was?

You cant build one, the number Serial will be the info off the registered pre-86 part (DIAS, reciever, etc).

You fill out the forn, get signed by Chief law enforcement officer, 2 photos, one for each form (you do 2 copies) one set of fingerprint cards and $200 payable to ATF for Tax stamp
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
^ What I needed, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#6]
You can't build a machine gun for yourself any longer.  It has to be an existing weapon.  (Unless you become a manufacturer build them for sales to LE or Military. )

So first, you have to find one to buy (no longer a small investment SMGs start from $2200 for a M-11 and go up from there) then you get the paper work going.

(Edited to say Taxman beat me)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So first, you have to find one to buy (no longer a small investment SMGs start from $2200 for a M-11 and go up from there) then you get the paper work going.

Thank you as well for the info... maybe I could pick your brain some more...

So what are some average priced SMG that I could be able to afford?

I mean, I want an MP5, but I cant afford that right now, and I really want a full auto...

for under $5,000, what kind of SMG's can I get?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You can't build a machine gun for yourself any longer.  

That has yet to be decided.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Cheapeast option is going to be a MAC, probaly running close to $3k

MP5 $12k was the last one I seen
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Until its decided Im not going to try though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Until its decided Im not going to try though.

good thing since you are in the wrong circuit.   I'd guess you are "relatively" safe if you create a new design in the circuit that it was ruled to be legal.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you as well for the info... maybe I could pick your brain some more...

So what are some average priced SMG that I could be able to afford?

I mean, I want an MP5, but I cant afford that right now, and I really want a full auto...

for under $5,000, what kind of SMG's can I get?

If you add about a grand, and buy very soon, you can get an UZI SMG for right around $6k. They're going up fast though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top