Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2001 9:12:55 AM EDT
Senate Bill 25 will get rid of private sales, require a license to purchase gun, which can only be done from a licensed dealer, who then has to report the gun you bought, your license number and address to the government for registration.  This bill is the slippery slope, the only thing missing is the gun ban that will come after.

If Senate Bill S.25, passes and you do nothing with your firearm, you will become a criminal and lose your rights to owning any firearm at all!  S.25 would require you to get a firearms license, so that you can continue to legally own that firearm that you already own.  To get this license you will need to provide them a passport photo, your name, address, thumb print, a signed certificate stating that you will store your gun safely, a certificate showing that you have passed a mandatory written test on safe storage of firearms, safe handling of firearms, and understanding of all Federal, state, and local gun laws regarding the requirements for possession and safe storage of a firearm.  To cover the costs of all these additional requirements you will be required to pay a fee of not more than $25!  The license will be good for 5 years after which you will have to renew.  And all that is just to be able to apply for the license!  If you qualify you will be given a license number with a unique ID number.  In this same law, will eliminate the private sale of firearms and require you to go to a licensed dealer, to buy, sell or transfer any firearm.  If you wanted to sell your gun to a friend, you would no longer be able to do it directly, you would have to go through a licensed dealer.  This law will also require that licensed firearms dealer to submit to the government within 14 days of a purchase the model of firearm, serial number, date of purchase, your license number and your address.  This law would also remove the existing law that prevents a system of registration of gun owners.  This law would also make it illegal for you to keep a loaded firearm in your house for your protection if there is anyone under the age 18 in the house.  If you move and forget to let the government know that you have changed your address, you will prosecuted the same as if you sold a gun without conducting a background check.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#1]
things that make you go hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm
where did you find this...refrences?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#2]
[%(]
Molon Labe
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to [url]http://thomas.loc.gov/[/url] and enter "S.25" (no quotes) in the Bill Number search.

This is old news, typical DiFi nonsense.

-------------------------------------

Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne (introduced 1/22/2001)
Latest Major Action: 1/22/2001 Referred to Senate committee
Title: A bill to provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/22/2001:
Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary. (text of measure as introduced: CR S295-298)
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
It might be old news but with the anti-gun Democrats running the Senate and all the committees, it's something to start worry about.  Especially since the Republican controlled Senate sold us out a year and a half ago!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#5]
One Word:

[b]VETO[/b]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Can we all just say, the Second Revolution is coming very soon. I don't know about any of you but as for me I will never comply with this type of law, and I will then become an outlaw and Freedom Fighter and I will die as a Free Man.

Sniper for Justice          

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to minimize this, but I think this bill (or some version of it) gets introduced every session so Swinestien and her fellow travelers have something to crow about to the MMMers.  This is similar to the ammo-tax bill and others that get introducted each session.  It has no chance to pass at present, but gives you an idea what the hard-core gun control groups want.

Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
This just lends more credence to the theory that Timothy McVeigh was messed up.  Of all the targets that fought against him and his beliefs, he picked a building of civil servants.

Hmmmmm....

Where's the Unabomber now?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not to minimize this, but I think this bill (or some version of it) gets introduced every session so Swinestien and her fellow travelers have something to crow about to the MMMers.  This is similar to the ammo-tax bill and others that get introducted each session.  It has no chance to pass at present, but gives you an idea what the hard-core gun control groups want.
View Quote

Actually it's only been recently that a bill that talks about licensing and registration has been introduced on the national level.  This bill could have been taken straight off the website list the demands the Million Mom March wants.

It probably won't go anyway but who knows with the spinless whimps in Senate.  This bill is an excellent example of what to show a hunter who thinks the government will never do anything to restrict or interfear with their right to own a "hunting" firearm.  Even with all these restrictions put in place you will still be able to own a hunting firearm, which is all the anti-gunners have promised.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Another bill to limit gun purchases to one gun a month has been submitted in the House, H.R.225.

It has 65 co-sponsors.  That means other reps that have said they agree with the bill, will push the for the bill, and will vote for the bill.  While they need over 200 votes for it to pass, having 65 people sign on to it is a lot and is something we should be concerned about.

Bills such as the one that would protect firearms manufactures from lawsuits only has 35 co-sponsors.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#11]
So if a guy has an unregistered AR15 he's a felon. If he's a felon, maybe he should get serious about his new title. He could make his AR15 an M16. He could get into improvised munitions. He could become a real pain in the ass. He's already a felon. Excellent plan on the part of the Senate.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
...This bill is an excellent example of what to show a hunter who thinks the government will never do anything to restrict or interfear with their right to own a "hunting" firearm.  Even with all these restrictions put in place you will still be able to own a hunting firearm, which is all the anti-gunners have promised.
View Quote

We always group together the "don't care" gunowners as hunters or NRA people or skeet shooters or people who might own one .38 pistol for defensive use. Do you think these people would care about something like this? registration, $5 a year licensing fees no private sales....they wouldn't give a flip. as long as they have their labor unions and their minumum wages and their fed price-capped utilities they could care less about what gun ownership is supposed to represent.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We always group together the "don't care" gunowners as hunters or NRA people or skeet shooters or people who might own one .38 pistol for defensive use. Do you think these people would care about something like this? registration, $5 a year licensing fees no private sales....they wouldn't give a flip. as long as they have their labor unions and their minumum wages and their fed price-capped utilities they could care less about what gun ownership is supposed to represent.
View Quote

Right now they don't care, because even Al Gore said they have a right to own "hunting firearms".  They take that to mean that even Al Gore won't try to inconveince them being able to hunt.  But I'm willing to bet that if you inform these union members that the government wants to tell them when they can buy a rifle, that they need to pass a test before they can buy a rifle, that they need a license before they can buy a rifle, that they can't buy a buddies rifle, that they can only go to a licensed dealer, who will then turn around and tell the government what rifle the bought, when they bought it, the serial number of the rifle, their license number, and their name and home address, I'm betting those union members will start to see the light.

It might work to get them motivied it might not but I'm going to try everything I can.  We have everything to lose and nothing to gain, if we don't try.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#14]
remember when they come to collect your guns to unload them first, THRU THE BARREL
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone planning on joining that new organization; "Future Felons of America"?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#16]
ALL gun control bills MUST PASS and be signed into law. It is the only way.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So if a guy has an unregistered AR15 he's a felon. If he's a felon, maybe he should get serious about his new title. He could make his AR15 an M16. He could get into improvised munitions. He could become a real pain in the ass. He's already a felon. Excellent plan on the part of the Senate.
View Quote

i was just thinking the same thing if your already have made u a felon what have u got to lose
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#18]
So, even though you've been a model citizen all your life, . . . .never even receiving something as minor as a traffic ticket; unless you do all that, you are an instant criminal (if that law actually passed)!  So, what if they say you didn't pass all these tests.  You loose your private possessions?  Your private property?  Isn't that the same as steeling, but just under the name of the 'law'?  

Why the crap don't they hassle actual criminals instead of people who aren't a problem????  

[sniper]

BTW, who in here would actually do this?  It would pretty much mean that any sales from FFL's would be out of the question, because you'd then have to submit to Big Brother.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

i was just thinking the same thing if your already have made u a felon what have u got to lose
View Quote

That's exactly what happend in England.  There have a been a couple theads in the past couple days linking to articles about England.  One was about 3 million illegal guns flooding into the country and how a lot of them were full auto.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Not only are illegal gun flooding into England and the rest of Europe but these are quality formerComBlock guns for sale at 5-10 cents on the dollar.

Bush has already promissed to veto any type of licensing in the presidential debates. Lets hope that he keeps his word.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I only have two things for the richard noggins that are becoming hemroidal infastructures in the legislation of this country:   [-!-!-]  I usually don't get my blood pumping fast around politics, but these guys are begining to annoy me.  Anybody else feel like letting loose a rabid wolverine into the congress building?  Why don't they do something useful for a change?  Flames are coming out of my ears.
Ice
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...This bill is an excellent example of what to show a hunter who thinks the government will never do anything to restrict or interfear with their right to own a "hunting" firearm.  Even with all these restrictions put in place you will still be able to own a hunting firearm, which is all the anti-gunners have promised.
View Quote

View Quote

This is the exact reason we have troubles.And not just guns,all of America. People are being brainwashed that this is an expendable right. They have no idea that it wont stop here. After all the guns are gone the gov has the power to get rid of all the rest. It is being done in england. They have a crime problem and the gun control didn't work and now they are doing more harm to other civil liberties. That is what is/will happen here. People can't see beyond there greed. They will leave their kids home alone to go to work but ask them to borrow their keys to their big 4x4 and you will see how they say no. They care more about junk then the right thing. The priorities of America is all a$$ backwards. God have mercy on this nation/world. We need God back in our society!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Weel said, brother.  The absence of God in our society has made a definite impact of late on our ability to make educated decisions.  I believe it was one of the Columbine parents who gave a 20 minute discertation to our corrupt Congress blaming [i]them[/i] for pretty much all of the nation's problems.  And that's all I got to say about that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Well said, brother.  The absence of God in our society has made a definite impact of late on our ability to make educated decisions.  I believe it was one of the Columbine parents who gave a 20 minute discertation to our corrupt Congress blaming [i]them[/i] for pretty much all of the nation's problems.  And that's all I got to say about that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I think the opposition from a bill like this would be too great and force the gun grabbers to "think out of the box" and instead restrict ammo.  If they limit or ban ammo.  What's the use of having a firearm?

Semper Fi

Smalls

YooHoo first post!

typo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top