Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 6:30:02 PM EDT
Noticed in the paper today that Gene Simmons claims like 4500 different chicks in his history.  Now, I will say that maybe to some women the 7" tongue might make up for some other, say, shortcomings, but come on, the guy is ugly as all get-out.  How about Steven Tyler?  Now that's an ugly dude, too.  What is it with these guys?  Money?  The "thrill" of someone famous?

I just don't get it.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, it has been reported that woman literally throw themselves at the rock stars feet. Witness how hard it was for Heather Locklear to keep Tommy Lee in line.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The $$$, the fame, the "bad boy" image...any questions???
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Money, the "thrill", a "4500" to 1 shot at putting your lasso around a "wild stallion", the pride of being able to say you fucked <insert rock star's name here> when you are an old shriveled up prune...

You should post this in the womens forum...  You just might find out that someone can speak from first hand experience.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably some wookies that find these guys attractive.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Re-read ladder theory.  women fine "power" attractive.  the whole genetic attraction to the alpha male.  Money and fame are just two indicators, or substitutes for, power.

rock stars are simply fake alpha males. like drug dealers and outlaw bikers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't want to be
a loser...no!...
I don't want to be
an almost was
I don't want to be a white trash
Working class chump
I don't want to be a loser anymore

That's why I want to be
a rock star
I want to be the king
I want to be on top, yeah
I just want to be a rock star
Yeah...
now I just want to be famous
I want to be the guy
That everybody wants
(laughter)

I want to be on TV shows
And wear designer clothes
I want a girlfriend who does
not drink beer
I want to drive a fast car
And sleep with certain
movie stars
I want to sing the songs
That all those little people
Want to hear

I want to be like all those
people up in first class
I want to tell the little people
They can kiss my ass

I just want to get laid
A different girl
For every day

That's why I want to be
a rock star
Be like all those guys
on the MTV
I want to make those girls on
the Real World
Fantasize about me

I want to be the king
I want to be on top
I just want to be famous
Everybody everywhere
wants to be famous
and everybody everywhere
wishes they could tell
Everybody everywhere
to go to Hell

I just want to get high
I just want to party like
a rock star
Until the day I die

~Everclear
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Do women really find rock stars attractive?

Uh, yeah.  This surprises you?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been doing concert lighting and audio for over fifteen years. You guys would never believe the degradation some of these girls will go through to meet the band. Taking on the whole road crew, pictures of things sticking in places they don't belong...... I'll stop right there. I still don't know what the attraction is.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Re-read ladder theory.  women fine "power" attractive.  the whole genetic attraction to the alpha male.  Money and fame are just two indicators, or substitutes for, power.

Correct!  Never underestimate the lure of moving up the popularity food chain via coattails.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Noticed in the paper today that Gene Simmons claims like 4500 different chicks in his history.  Now, I will say that maybe to some women the 7" tongue might make up for some other, say, shortcomings, but come on, the guy is ugly as all get-out.  How about Steven Tyler?  Now that's an ugly dude, too.  What is it with these guys?  Money?  The "thrill" of someone famous?

I just don't get it.

Funny you should mention those two guys.  As it happens, I went to a concert last year with these two performing.  The women went friggin' nuts.  There was one woman in particular I noticed on some guy's shoulders.  She wasn't your typical "groupie"--way too old to be one as a matter of fact.  I will admit that she was kind of a hottie, but in a MILF kind of way.  She grabbed Steven Tyler's hand and wouldn't let go.  The way I see it, Tyler is a little bittie squid with a butt ugly face and lots of cash and fame.  

My theory is that her old man let her go out for a night away from the kids and she was just trying to re-live her youth.  Once she got her ass home, I'm guessin' the old man put her back in her place again (or should have).

Any woman that would bang one of these guys is a friggin' slut!

Just my .02.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Basicly put how I would say it, and I dont agree with AR15fan 100% that much
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#12]
No, it's the $$ they like.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#13]
We should stop objectifying women and respect them in the morning.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#14]
A lot of girls like guys that play guitar. Hell some will do you just so they can say they're doing the band(or at least a member). Depends on how good you are. As for rock stars. money and fame bring em in.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Rock stars get a lot of chicks?  Learn somethin' new everyday.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I was in a rock bank for 6 years.     The other band member took full advantage.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Some women do; I do not understand the appeal.  It is not only rock stars but sports figures, political figures or actors.   If a guy is attractive, sure, but damn, these guys are just plain ugly.

It really disturbs me to see other women degrade themselves and have no self respect.  It is disgusting to see other women act like brainless airheads.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Has to be something with the tunes, cause Keith Richards is one ugly MOFO and he gets the chicks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I was in a rock bank for 6 years.     The other band member took full advantage.

Rock bank?  Cool...
What's your current interest rate on money market accounts?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:05:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:09:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Noticed in the paper today that Gene Simmons claims like 4500 different chicks in his history.  Now, I will say that maybe to some women the 7" tongue might make up for some other, say, shortcomings, but come on, the guy is ugly as all get-out.  How about Steven Tyler?  Now that's an ugly dude, too. What is it with these guys?  Money?  The "thrill" of someone famous?

I just don't get it.

Yeah, but he had something in his jeansgenes.

CW
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I STILL don't understand how something that looks like that sprang from the loins of that mullet-facced sumbitch!    

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:22:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#24]
It is all about the:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And a little bit about the fame.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:40:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I've found that some women strive to be the center of attention and the band is a way for some to gain attention. Whether it's being seen with a band or "bragging rights" that you slept with them, many women enjoy this game. I've played in many Garage Bands that played out a little and many chicks dig the band guys. It's mostly the lead singer and sometimes the guitar players I think because they are out in front more.  The last band I was in we played mostly heavy metal or hard rock and I was about twice as old as the next oldest one and even I could have had a few sweet young things (didn't as I'm married). My wife got pissed many times at things girls did even though I did nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:16:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm an amateur rock god myself, and I'm always amazed at how many offers of sex I get when I play out in the bars.

Most of the time I turn these guys down, but I tell ya.....some people really want a piece of you.

[inner dialogue]Ooops. Did I just say that out loud?[/inner dialogue]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:33:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm an amateur rock god myself, and I'm always amazed at how many offers of sex I get when I play out in the bars.

Most of the time I turn these guys down, but I tell ya.....some people really want a piece of you.

Um, so you play gay bars?? Not judging, just asking!!!    
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, so you play gay bars?? Not judging, just asking!!!    

Yea I thought that too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:00:23 AM EDT
[#29]
I was the drummer for a band back in high school. We played mostly parties and never really for money. The chickies back then just wanted us so they could tell their friends they did. Hell I didn't mind, but Ryan (lead singer) got the most of them...I got a few first picks, but the lowly drummer doesn't get any respect mostly (well, more than the bass player did)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:07:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Rock stars and actors are pretty much at the top of the scale, mostly because of their visibility.  But this applies elsewhere.  Successful business men, "men in uniform", and, yes, even Outlaw Bikers, all get plenty of attention from (at least a subset of) women, because of their positions of power.

Men are attracted to beauty, and women to power.  It's always been that way.

-Troy

It's true--I've seen it firsthand!  

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, it's the $$ they like.

Absolutely untrue.  Having done audio for a LOT of nobody bands that can barely afford to put $15 of gas in their van to get to the gig, the money is NOT necessary.

As AR15fan stated, the women are looking for men who are CONFIDENT and SUCCESSFUL.  Being on stage playing music in front of people proves (to at least a limited degree) those things, at least in the eyes of the girls.

Women want a man with power.  Money, possessions, dress, attitude, and so on are all manifestations of this.  A woman sees a band take the stage, and sees that people in the crowd aren't allowed on the stage, and that others (sound guy, light guy, etc.) are working to help the band.  They see the crowd react to the music and to the behavior of the musicians.  They hear the applause at the end of the songs.  All that adds up to (at least an appearance) of power.

Think about this: in a poll of male Hollywood "A-list" actors, who have a ton of money, success, and power, over 75% of them wish they were (or had a chance to be) rock stars.  Many of them actually try (Kevin Bacon, Keanu Reeves, Gary Busey, Kurt Russell, Russell Crowe, all of the Blues Brothers members, Don Johnson, David Hasselhoff, and I could keep going...).

Rock stars and actors are pretty much at the top of the scale, mostly because of their visibility.  But this applies elsewhere.  Successful business men, "men in uniform", and, yes, even Outlaw Bikers, all get plenty of attention from (at least a subset of) women, because of their positions of power.

Men are attracted to beauty, and women to power.  It's always been that way.

-Troy

Essentially, I agree.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:40:36 AM EDT
[#32]
As Louis B Mayer said about Robert Mitchum's and John Garfield's attractiveness to female film fans, "Women love bums."
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
(snip)

I just want to get high
I just want to party like
a rock star
Until the day I die

~Everclear

Of course, there's another take on that, by The Jam, from their album, All Mod Cons, 1978:

To Be Someone (Didn't We Have a Nice Time)
Words/music: Paul Weller

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer a rock singer
or a big film star, yes I think I would like that
To be rich and have lots of fans
have lots of girls to prove that I'm a man
And be No. 1 - and liked by everyone

Getting drugged up with my trendy friends
They really dig me and I dig them
And the bread I spend - is like my fame - it's quickly diminished

And there's no more swimming in a guitar shaped pool
no more reporters at my beck and call
no more cocaine it's only ground chalk
no more taxis now we'll have to walk

But didn't we have a nice time -
didn't we have a nice time
Oh wasn't it such a fine time

I realize I should have stuck to my guns
instead shit out to be one of the bastard sons
and lose myself - I know it was wrong - but it's cost me a lot

And there's no more drinking after the club shuts down,
I'm out on me arse with the rest of the clowns
It's really frightening without a bodyguard
so I stay confined to my lonely room

But didn't we have a nice time -
didn't we have a nice time
Oh wasn't it such a fine time

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:07:40 AM EDT
[#34]
The Neutral Observer does not understand the psychology behind this, but has seen it enough times to be certain that it is more than a fluke.

Some types of women like power.  Those types are attracted to any man with power, but especially to those who weld their power in a ruthless, evil manner.

Rock stars are examples of this.  They "hold sway" over thousands of people, and live, at least in perception, outside of the law.

Lawyers and successful businessmen are often examples of this, too.

The ultimate examples of this phenomenon, though, are politicians and generals.  Take a man with significant responsibility, put him in a suit or a uniform, and add a touch of cold-heartedness, and women will throw themselves at him.

Hitler and Stalin, not exactly lookers, had no shortage of willing women had they taken them up on their offers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:14:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I just don't get it.

Women find power, in any of it's forms attractive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top