Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 12:43:08 PM EDT
I was listening to this on simulcast last night.

Bradley stated matter of factly that federal agents were fired on with a Barret .50 at Waco, that's why they brought in the Bradleys and, later, the engineering vehicles.

I've never heard anyone credible state that the .50 was used.  I recall that the feds KNEW there was at least one .50 in ther and feared they'd use it.

Anyone have any information?  I do  not believe the .50 was ever used.    
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It's CBS.  I greatly doubt that it's true.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I read a book by a sniper who was their working for the FBI. He never said they were used though the Davidians had 2 of them and the FBI constantly kept track of them so they would be the first to go in the event of an exchange of fire.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Of more interest to me than any revelation of the Davidians possessing OR firing a .50 is the way they spun it to make it sound as if the mere presence of a .50 caused the entire escalation and eventual burn down of the compound.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
There was never any 50 cal at waco. Read the item inventory the FBI took. You'll never see a .50 cal rifle on the inventory....

Ben
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Of more interest to me than any revelation of the Davidians possessing OR firing a .50 is the way they spun it to make it sound as if the mere presence of a .50 caused the entire escalation and eventual burn down of the compound.

Right, it was "We needed to get the tracked vehicles in there because of what THEY did."

Total spinjob, revisionist.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There was never any 50 cal at waco. Read the item inventory the FBI took. You'll never see a .50 cal rifle on the inventory....

Ben

Yup, someone's lying.  If they did use a Barrett, some lucky BATF agent took it home as a souvenir, because there wasn't one in the documents.  There were a couple parts for a .50BMG and some ammo IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ben

No, I think I've seen that there wa at least one Barrett, certainly they owned one.  They found/inventoried a lot of stuff that was never used.

As a side note, all of the injuries to the feds in the first few minutes were 9mm rounds.

Hmm, a bunch of trigger happy feds, a wooden house, ...

Nah, couldn't be.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ben

I did. You are correct. If there was one or two of them there, they were utterly destroyed by the fire. Everything I've read on Waco says they had one or two there, but no evidence they were used, or found later after the fire.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

No, I think I've seen that there wa at least one Barrett, certainly they owned one.  They found/inventoried a lot of stuff that was never used.

As a side note, all of the injuries to the feds in the first few minutes were 9mm rounds.

Nah, couldn't be.

Also, the front doors that were entered into evidence disappeared under odd circumstances. Supposedly, all the bullet holes were from the outside in. Refuting LEO testimony they were fired on first.

The Davidians may not have been wired too tightly, but would you open fire on a cop on your front doorstep if you were a supposed uber-Christian?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The book Cold Zero was written by one of the HRT snipers who was at Waco(and Ruby Ridge). In it he stated that the .50 was seen during the seige, but makes no mention of it being fired. Had it been fired, it would surely have been used by the antis as a propaganda tool before now.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere that one of the reasons for the raid was a Barrett .50 which was mistaken for a Boyes Antitank Rifle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I really think a Boyes antitank rifle would make short work of an M113, or any of the SWAT armored vehicles...but that's just me.

Ben
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Take out the "C" and all you have left is "BS".
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

I did. You are correct. If there was one or two of them there, they were utterly destroyed by the fire. Everything I've read on Waco says they had one or two there, but no evidence they were used, or found later after the fire.

No way that happened.  They had everything inventoried down to individual mag springs.  If a mag spring can survive the fire (and later be identified), surely a Barrett would survive the fire.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Nah, couldn't be.

Also, the front doors that were entered into evidence disappeared under odd circumstances. Supposedly, all the bullet holes were from the outside in. Refuting LEO testimony they were fired on first.

The Davidians may not have been wired too tightly, but would you open fire on a cop on your front doorstep if you were a supposed uber-Christian?

If someone started shooting at your house, what would you do?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#15]
CBS is in the same league of bullshi'ite as CNN
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Read this book

No More Wacos: What's Wrong With Federal Law Enforcement and How to Fix It
by David B. Kopel
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#17]
There were 2 barret semi .50's there.but neither one was ever fired at any time of the seige.
I have it on video of them bringing the 2 weapons out of the ashes,and they looked fine except for all the ash on them.
But they lied on 60 min.Those weapons were never fired.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I started yelling at my TV when I saw that.

I have not seen any accounts of a .50 being present at Waco in the hands of the Branch Davidians.

The whole thing was blown up the way it was so that some alphabet agencies would continue to be funded. Read the appropriate chapter of Everything you know is wrong published by Barnes and Noble and Disinfo.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#19]
(1) ATF had steadily been screwing up, losing credibility.

(2) ATF was facing huge budget cuts.

(3) Name of the raid operation at Waco was "Showtime".

(4) Media was invited, informed of something big going on there.

(5) Excuse needed for the not yet passed AWB.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I do believe the Davidians had two 50 Barretts- I think there are pictures of them burned out.

But of course the antis and govt will claim they were fired.

How can you tell after the fire?

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top