Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 8:47:07 AM EDT
I love coffee and I regularly grind my Starbucks beans and brew at home.  However, there are times when I'm on the road and have to swing through McDonalds to grab a cup of coffee.  What they have been serving for all these years is swill.....an insult to the palate.  I am thankful that they finally realized this.

Better Coffee at McD's
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#1]
you really should try dunkin donuts coffee beans or the stuff from trader joes

both better in my opinion.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really hard to upgrade the coffee...the old stuff smelled like cardboard and tasted like it as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Starbucks is some of the worst "Premium" coffee I have ever had.  Poorly roasted and blended, verry bitter and tannic taste.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not really hard to upgrade the coffee...the old stuff smelled like cardboard and tasted like it as well.

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

come to think of it, I do believe that the MRE coffee packets taste better than that crap
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Consider who's actually behind the counter making the coffee
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

come to think of it, I do believe that the MRE coffee packets taste better than that crap

MRE coffee is Taster's Choice...  Not the best, but yeah, considerably better than that McDonald's sewage!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Starbucks is some of the worst "Premium" coffee I have ever had.  Poorly roasted and blended, verry bitter and tannic taste.

I can't do Starbuck's in store...brewed at home is a different story.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I go to Starbucks a lot, but have to admit I like Dunkin Donuts coffee. To beat both of them however (for food and coffee), is one of the best Canadian imports to ever come to America: Tim Hortons . Donuts that leave Krispy Kreme in the dust, and a great cup of coffee (you can even buy their coffee separately).  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Heres my favorite coffees, in order..

Starbucks House Blend
Krispy Kreme
Maxwell House Premium Cup
Starbucks Winter Blend
Folgers Classic Roast
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
coffee beans or the stuff from trader joes

Ditto on the whole beans from Trader Joes
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#12]
You need to try Burger King's coffee.  No joke.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MRE coffee is Taster's Choice...  Not the best, but yeah, considerably better than that McDonald's sewage!

Aww c'om now. Even thought Taster's Choice Freezed Dried is the best instant, it still doesn't come close to fresh brewed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#14]

you really should try dunkin donuts coffee beans or the stuff from trader joes

Which is the best Trader Joes blend? I've tried one of the lighter blends, and it was ok.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Drink some starbucks without putting anything in it (black).   It's  Crap.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#16]
chooper: Coffee is a very personal thing, I've tried TJ's Bay Blend, it's darker roast, similar to StarBuck's. I like it, it cost about $7/lb. I can definitely remmend TJ's Kona Coffee at $15/lb, its 100% Kona beans versus some others that put in other beans to cut the cost. Others definitly charge you more for Kona.

TJ's used to have many other coffees, when TJ's used to be only in PRK, since they started going national, they had trouble getting enough of the other coffees so they stopped selling them. Now they are just down to about 10 kinds.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't like all Starbucks beans.  The ones I like the most still have plenty of body without being bitter.

- Yukon (mild)
- Espresso Roast (mild)
- Gold Coast (bold)

Brew them up and add some Coffeemate Hazelnut creamer.  Perfection!

PS - I have had Burger Kings coffee and it certainly is better than what McD's has to offer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Coffee is a very personal thing.

Yeah, we're probably as likely to agree on coffee as we are on handguns.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#19]
The only reason I drink coffee is to get a hit of the world's favorite psychoactive drug...caffiene.  I don't drink decaf because there is never a good reason to drink decaf.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Starbucks gave 84% of their 2004 election political contributions to Democrat candidates.  Way to vote with your wallets.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Coffee is a very personal thing.

Yeah, we're probably as likely to agree on coffee as we are on handguns.

Ditto on that.

Way back when, the wife and I used to do a Sunday 7AM gig at Mickey D's, drink their coffee and read the Sunday newspaper, I though their coffee was okay.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#22]
McDonalds is to coffee as, well, McDonalds is to food.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't touch the stuff (coffee) but, my girfriend is a coffee fiend. She says McD's has the most awful coffee in the world.

I once brought he some, by accident, she pured it down my crotch and then kicked me in the kidneys while I was on the ground.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
She says McD's has the most awful coffee in the world.

I thought it was AM/PM that had the worst swill.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#25]
McDonald's coffee sucks .  Always has .   ANYTHING would be an improvement .
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Coffee's gay.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I dont drink coffee, I wish I had gotten some better fires today though.

McDonalds breakfast sucks, except the hashbrowns,
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#28]
hopefully it is Douwe Egberts, as sold already at Burger King and many hotels and institutions

very good stuff
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You need to try Burger King's coffee.  No joke.

also sold at Texas Land and Cattle Co. (Columbian and European dark roasts, cappucino, etc) and many other places - not available to the consumer, except for the Senseo brand (or import the bag stuff from Holland)

ETA:  DE coffee is a FLASH-FROZEN CONCENTRATE that is created right after it is roasted...the machine, which can make 3k cups per hour, is instant - you will always get a hot fresh cup of coffee at the pull of a handle (see for yourself at BK - they have Columbian roast)
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#30]
In California, Oregon and Washington, there have been "premium" coffee dispensers in some McDonald's for at least 5 years now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I think Tim Horton's adds nicotine to their coffee, it is the only logical explanation.

The best part about Starbucks is the highbrow pretentious image they aim for with the secret-code ordering, what with the dropouts & hippies working behind the counter.

Me:  Gimme the biggest latte you can make, with two ice cubes.  And a blueberry scone.
SB:  Huh, what?
Me:  Venti two-cube lattee, name:  imapatient.  Berry scone.
SB:  Uh, thats $5.36

It's easier to order coffee around the world than around the corner, cheaper too.   The Aussies have a fun system with the short, long, flat, and white lingo.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I dont drink coffee, I wish I had gotten some better fires today though.

McDonalds breakfast sucks, except the hashbrowns,

McMuffins are pretty good and some people love those McGriddles.  I prefer the Deluxe Big Breakfast.  Still $3.00 around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top