Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 8:30:23 AM EDT
When you find a cool pix how do you shrink it down to fit the size for ar15?? and how do you use a picture you take?? any help thanks,,,,,
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not helping until someone else puts up the Brisk-Signal.  As the Avatar Superhero, I don't have time to man a light switch.

But I'll tell you where the switch is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/brisk322/brisksignalwks.jpg
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm not helping until someone else puts up the Brisk-Signal.  As the Avatar Superhero, I don't have time to man a light switch.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Dip it in cold water.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried that and it didnt work even let it out in zero temp still no go.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Brisk, I like your stuff, but sheeesh.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, ASUSax.    EYATA for NorCal_LEO - I'm a superhero.  I HAVE to be a little "out there", and psychosis is kinda cliche.  Petulance was wide open, though.

Go to the Photo Server.
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Default.asp

Login by clicking the word "Login" at the upper-right of the screen, and following the prompts.

Click the phrase "Avatar/SigPic" near the upper-left of the screen, just below the word "Home".

Paste the path to your desired avatar picture in the blank space.  Make sure you use the entire path, which will probably look like this:
c:\my documents\my pictures\ARFCOM stuff\My Avatar Stuff\avatarpic15.jpg

Note that only certain picture formats work.  Also note that the file size must be below 12 kb.

Log out of the picture server, and be patient - it takes a little bit for the new picture to be processed.

I recommend that you use a picture whose proportions are 80 wide by 60 high.  The photo server automatically resizes pictures to this size and aspect ratio, so if your picture starts out as a square photo, say, 600x600, it will be stretched from side-to-side, making a rectangle.

ETA:  I use Adobe Photoshop Elements (I haven't figured out exactly which part is the program name  ) for most of my work.  Any paint program should be able to resize.  You might have to do a little math to determine the right percentage.

EATA:  If you post the pic, I can resize it, as can many others here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top