Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 8:18:04 PM EDT
I'm writing this cause I realise I got to get my ass in gear and find a new file sharing network. Seems every two years I have to move to a new one as the old one gets trashed. First Napster, then Gnutella and now Kazaa has been destroyed by the Copyright people. But I was just too lazy to move until I found that even the old obscure songs in MP3 were fakes. So Sharman networks will soon be gone. So I need to cut through the BS, Whats the most popular and best network out there? Assuming of course it hasnt been overrun with fakes and other trash. Anyone got any good suggestions? The client I need must be simple to install, I just too damn lazy and tired to deal with the super-geek clients that require TCP tests and  UDP connetcions and all that) I was thinking of E-donkey but maybe there is something better? Any suggestion appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I recommend Limewire or Bit Torrent
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Use Burst and find a good torrent site.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Shareaza's pretty good. Searches Gnutella and eDonkey, along with the ability to use/download/whatever torrents.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#4]
dc++, bitches.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
WinMX. try to find version 3.31 as the newer versions are spyware infested
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want something simple with NO popups or spam programs installed on your computer try ARES.  It's fast and very simple.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]
bit torrent, but a word of advice.  I'd get all the smack you think you'll need for a few years and retire from the file sharring game.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you want something simple with NO popups or spam programs installed on your computer try ARES.  It's fast and very simple.

+1
All I use anymore, I've tried the rest
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
bit torrent, but a word of advice.  I'd get all the smack you think you'll need for a few years and retire from the file sharring game.

Im trying to get all I need, but I dont think thats possible.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
WinMX. try to find version 3.31 as the newer versions are spyware infested

Its clean. It gives you the option to install spyware or not. Just like the older versions.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#11]
AWW crap all these suggestions are making my head spin! Can't we go back to the good old days of 1984? BBS's were no hassle at all! And my computer had 12 shades of Grey. Anyhew, yeah it seems that the best thing to do is have multiple clients now I'm looking at Shareaza as one to try. I thought it had somthing to do with Kazaa but evidently it works on the Donkey network and a few others as well. Also I was thinking of going back to Gnutella (limewire) it was slow but still "unharmed" by those bastards of the Mpaa and Riaa! I think they forget that the whole point of the "net" was to share files!! Before there was the WWW the protocol was FTP which means 'File transfer protocol' ya know to actually swap files between networks and harddrives??!! What a bunch of A-holes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I use WAREZP2P.  Good selection. No popups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top