Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 3:50:02 PM EDT
I am wanting to get into reloading, but I am never able to find all of my brass. I shoot on my land in a grassy area, so it is hard to find the brass. Just wanted to know if they work and which one is worth getting?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i use the hard plastic <box> style that bushy and a few other sell for my a2 uppers. they work well but after abuout 90 rnds they need to be emptied or brass will dump back inot the chamber.

highly reccomend mine.

I have the same one. If you want a brass catcher, it's a good one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
ok i wanted to know if there was a brass catcher that attached to a rail system cause i'd be interested in one so i wouldnt have to pick up brass when shooting out on private land.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a towel and just drape it over.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i use the hard plastic <box> style that bushy and a few other sell for my a2 uppers. they work well but after abuout 90 rnds they need to be emptied or brass will dump back inot the chamber.

highly reccomend mine.

Mona said it was her's...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. I am only able to gather about half of my brass usually.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the soft catcher that velcro's around the slip ring and puts the basked over the ejection port.  Works very well.  I only use it when blasting with my reloadable brass.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one of those rigid catchers that I used exactly once.  It seems that it would also collect  the cat piss smelling fumes. I had to take it off  because my eyes were watering so bad I couldn't see.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used one on an UZI and a 9mm AR.  They both worked as described--just don't let them get too full . . .
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am wanting to get into reloading, but I am never able to find all of my brass. I shoot on my land in a grassy area, so it is hard to find the brass. Just wanted to know if they work and which one is worth getting?

If you are in just one position, not moving, how about just throwing down a tarp or canvas / leather blanket.  Tarp will probably end up with holes in it eventually as the hot brass melts through.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I,ve got one that,s 10 years old that works pretty good.
he lives down the street!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#12]
When I used to reload I too used the hard plastic style brass catcher that slipped onto the upper.

A couple points...

It works well.
Empty it after about two magazines otherwise it gets cumbersome and can cause jams as well.
It tends to cause the anodizing to become "shiny" where it slips on.
It doesn't allow the gas to escape as easily as without it and some gets back in your face. (Drilling a few holes might help.)

The only negative thing I can say about them is they all sell for way more than they should. Close to $40 for a piece of plastic is bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top