Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 7:27:18 AM EDT
Okay... It's around 5am this morning and I start hearing this horn honking. Well I ignore it thinking one of my dumb ass neighbors is being a big dick and too lazy to get out of the car to get some one.

Well it goes on, I finally look out the window to my amaze, my brothers trucks going in reverse with some mexican in it. At first it doesn't dawn on me, but than I realize " fuck " this mother f'er is trying to steal the truck. Grab my pistol off my night stand and run out yelling with my brother about 10 feet ahead of me. Well being I am hardly awake and its pretty dam dark out my big dumb ass ends up sliding on the street. However always having my pistol ready to shoot this mother fucker if he tries any thing. Well my brother runs over to the truck and throws him out and the guy takes off. Fast little crack head I tell you what.

Well than the cops are called and all is cool, however a broken steering colum. A lot cheaper to fix than a truck.

Well I am covered in my own blood from all the road rash and have decided to get a new 870 and get the orange grips for it and some non lethal rounds. This way I can unload on the mother fucker next time.

Would have been wreckless and stupid to shoot the guy in the back..

So how was your morning?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it would have been reckless and stupid to shoot him in the back.  Heaven forbid someone tries to steal your brother's truck and you wind up going to jail for attempted murder at the very least.  Oh well, it happens!! More often than we'd like to admit too.

My morning was super, thanks for asking
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#2]
let me guess: dodge ram, and the lock cylinder is popped in on the drivers door

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Shooting him in the back may have only made you feel better for a short time. Probably best you didn't give him what he deserved.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What is it with the Dodge Rams that makes them so weak and easily stolen?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Chevy,
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
have decided to get a new 870 and get the orange grips for it and some non lethal rounds. This way I can unload on the mother fucker next time.

So how was your morning?

Glad your OK... and the truck is still there...

negitive on the non-lethal rds... if your are going to open fire.. do it right...

what state....  

if you dont mind cleaning up afterwards... you could have opened up while he was in the truck with zero proplems... at least here.

after he is running ... then naw.. its over..

< to the is your truck worth killing a man..?  hmm .. yeah..   the next time the little fucker will get braver and go inside the next guys house.. rape your daughter and let you watch... >
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is it with the Dodge Rams that makes them so weak and easily stolen?

chrystler doesnt seem to think that they need to fix a problem that reared its ugly head years ago.  the door lock cylinder is held in with a little plastic clip, it gets punched in and you can turn it and open the door.

its by far the easiest to steal pickup on the market.  not sure on the chevy, I'll have to ask my locksmith buddy about that one
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chevy,

You don't need to pop the lock on a Dodge to get the door open.  It is much simpler than that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chevy,

Looks like you saved it from a life of gold, wire-spoke rims and a chain steering wheel.

ETA: As long as vehicles have glass windows, it doesn't matter how strong the cylinders are.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
have decided to get a new 870 and get the orange grips for it and some non lethal rounds. This way I can unload on the mother fucker next time.

So how was your morning?

Glad your OK... and the truck is still there...

negitive on the non-lethal rds... if your are going to open fire.. do it right...

what state....  

if you dont mind cleaning up afterwards... you could have opened up while he was in the truck with zero proplems... at least here.

< to the is your truck worth killing a man..?  hmm .. yeah..   the next time the little fucker will get braner and go inside tyhe next guys house.. >

I wouldn't have liked shooting the guy any how, even for a second was thinking of shooting a round into the air but quickly decided against it being what comes up must come down. Nevada, is my state. And I could have unloaded my magazine onto the guy. He was about 10-15 yards away when he took  off. But than again I wouldn't have shot him in the back unless he got into it with my brother or pulled out a weapon.

I like the non lethal idea because if I had a shotty in my hands with a few rubber batons I could have atleast given the guy something to remember.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chevy,

Looks like you saved it from a life of gold, wire-spoke rims and a chain steering wheel.

ETA: As long as vehicles have glass windows, it doesn't matter how strong the cylinders are.

And a nice big sporty fin.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chevy,

You don't need to pop the lock on a Dodge to get the door open.  It is much simpler than that.

Lemme guess... the truck is between '88 and '98?

Those year model trucks are EXTREMELY easy to steal for anyone that half-ass knows what they are doing.  My uncle is local PD and he said a decent thief can be in and gone in about 15 seconds.

They can stick a screwdriver under the square piece around the door handle, pop it up with a screwdriver and be in the truck.  Pop the side of the steering column off, reach into the rear of the ignition switch with same screwdriver and start the engine.

I had a '92 Chevy truck stolen that way... in broad daylight... in a crowded parking lot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Okay, so you go out there with a non-lethal shotgun, and he pulls a real gun on you.  Now what do you do?

Scrap the orange shotgun idea and carry normally.  You don't have to use it, but you might have to.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chevy,

Lemme guess... the truck is between '88 and '98?

Those year model trucks are EXTREMELY easy to steal for anyone that half-ass knows what they are doing.  My uncle is local PD and he said a decent thief can be in and gone in about 15 seconds.

They can stick a screwdriver under the square piece around the door handle, pop it up with a screwdriver and be in the truck.  Pop the side of the steering column off, reach into the rear of the ignition switch with same screwdriver and start the engine.

I had a '92 Chevy truck stolen that way... in broad daylight... in a crowded parking lot.

Thank god this guy wasn't too smart
95. is the year.

He must have been screwing with it for a while to make all that noise.
Also to add he some how cracked the steering colum so he wasn't going to far

But I must admit it is fun chasing some one like that. I wanna do it again and again
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Okay, so you go out there with a non-lethal shotgun, and he pulls a real gun on you.  Now what do you do?

Scrap the orange shotgun idea and carry normally.  You don't have to use it, but you might have to.

I would always keep my pistol on me. And I would think 5 hard ass rubber balls would stop some one. If not I drop the shotgun and use the pistol. Hell I should have ran after him with an AR, maybe I could have got him to crap him self..
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would always keep my pistol on me. And I would think 5 hard ass rubber balls would stop some one. If not I drop the shotgun and use the pistol. Hell I should have ran after him with an AR, maybe I could have got him to crap him self..

You might want to check the laws in your area regarding civilian use of less-lethal ammunition.

Notice that it says LESS-LETHAL.  In other words, the stuff can still kill someone if you don't use it properly.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#17]
No one uses rock salt rounds anymore?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#18]
You shoulda stuck it in your waste band then you could have drawn down on him and front posted his 59 IQ cranial cavity.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If you are not willing to shoot/kill people then don't use a gun,  shooting people with rock salt is not the proper use of a gun.

I am willing, if my life is in danger. When some one is stealing a car I am going to take them serious.

Sorry I didn't shoot some one in their back. Now if he would have had a weapon or have got into it with us. Chances are he would have a new hole in him, more than one likely.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#21]
olyarms,

I got to respect some of the stuff your saying but when I have my daughter and son looking over my back once in awhile reading what's in front of me and they see your volger langauge they tend to think i'm reading smut, I explain that this is an AR/ hobbiest/ fun forum they look at me like I'm one lying Daddy. I understand you are upset and writing this topics is some sort of release, please use those funky symbols in place of the bad words. I'm not here to tell you what to do but please you know what I mean. I've read some of your past posts, you seem like a nice person. I respect that.

Thanks, from PocketG and Family....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Okay... It's around 5am this morning and I start hearing this horn honking. Well I ignore it thinking one of my dumb ass neighbors is being a big dick and too lazy to get out of the car to get some one.

Well it goes on, I finally look out the window to my amaze, my brothers trucks going in reverse with some mexican in it. At first it doesn't dawn on me, but than I realize " fuck " this mother f'er is trying to steal the truck. Grab my pistol off my night stand and run out yelling with my brother about 10 feet ahead of me. Well being I am hardly awake and its pretty dam dark out my big dumb ass ends up sliding on the street. However always having my pistol ready to shoot this mother fucker if he tries any thing. Well my brother runs over to the truck and throws him out and the guy takes off. Fast little crack head I tell you what.

Well than the cops are called and all is cool, however a broken steering colum. A lot cheaper to fix than a truck.

Well I am covered in my own blood from all the road rash and have decided to get a new 870 and get the orange grips for it and some non lethal rounds. This way I can unload on the mother fucker next time.

So how was your morning?

Guy stealing truck in Texas, committing felony-- unloading with live ammo is justified.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So how was your morning?

Guy stealing truck in Texas, committing felony-- unloading with live ammo is justified.

Not here, still don't know if I would if it was legal. Just too much at risk over a truck. Even if it was a ferrari. My emotions were a running but I controlled them. Its a crowded neighborhood. Houses all around. One bad shot and could end some one elses life.

Just not worth the risk. Like I have said before. If he would have been a threat he would have no doubt got shot for it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
olyarms,

I got to respect some of the stuff your saying but when I have my daughter and son looking over my back once in awhile reading what's in front of me and they see your volger langauge they tend to think i'm reading smut, I explain that this is an AR/ hobbiest/ fun forum they look at me like I'm one lying Daddy. I understand you are upset and writing this topics is some sort of release, please use those funky symbols in place of the bad words. I'm not here to tell you what to do but please you know what I mean. I've read some of your past posts, you seem like a nice person. I respect that.

Thanks, from PocketG and Family....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top