Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 2:38:45 AM EDT
That's the best since 1999.

Contrary to all the gloom and doom from the left, it looks like things are indeed getting better.

Of course the left will try to argue that all 2.2 million of these jobs were just people getting hired at McDonald's!

-CH
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
What area of employemnt has the highest percentage of growth?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What area of employemnt has the highest percentage of growth?

Didn't see that data, so I can't comment. I just heard it on this show that's on NBC ever Saturday morning.

But if I were guessing, it would likely be services. That without further breakdown still wouldn't tell us much.

But I am happy that at least people who want jobs are able to find something to do.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
It's Bush's fault!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#4]
How is it possible to track new jobs, vs old jobs, vs jobs that went away?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#5]
link

login = USERNAME
password = PASSWORD

here is a link to the story
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Of course the left will try to argue that all 2.2 million of these jobs were just people getting hired at McDonald's!

-CH

And the left would say another 500,000 jobs will be needed B4 Dubya creates a job

"The report showed manufacturing jobs advanced by 3,000. The service-providing industry added 144,000 jobs. That included a 20,000 decrease in retail jobs but increases of 41,000 in professional and business services and 47,000 in health and education services. The construction industry added 7,000 jobs a second straight month.

Average hourly earnings rose two cents to $15.86 in December. The increase in year-on-year terms was 2.7%. The average work week rose six minutes to 33.8 hours. "

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.bls.gov/home.htm
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.bls.gov/home.htm

Realy doesnt explain, how I as an employer, report the creation of a new job, or elimination of an old job.  Are they just estimating the numbers based on things like new unemployment claims?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's Bush's fault!

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.bls.gov/home.htm

Realy doesnt explain, how I as an employer, report the creation of a new job, or elimination of an old job.  Are they just estimating the numbers based on things like new unemployment claims?

I've heard that there are two ways that the fed tracks jobs...
One is ignored by the left.
The other basically polls the same business over and over throughout the years, hence leaving many people uncounted (due to a large number ot "telecommuters" and similar situations)....but, I could be wrong
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]
The three stooges ,(Cyanide, Virginia22 and VADinger) will be along shortly to set y'all straight....

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I work in mfg.

My dept had a staff of 6, and has been at that level for the last 2 years, since election day it has grown to 16, and I am still working 60hr weeks - there is growth happening, and the numbers are just begining to be reported.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I work in mfg.

My dept had a staff of 6, and has been at that level for the last 2 years, since election day it has grown to 16, and I am still working 60hr weeks - there is growth happening, and the numbers are just begining to be reported.

Sow how do you make sure those 10 new jobs are counted?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I work in mfg.

Sow how do you make sure those 10 new jobs are counted?

Taxes paid on that SS# , Which would include aera of employment.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Well maybe vial payroll adding new SS#s and with holding reports. - that's a White collar issue - I'm on the floor making product - better and cheaper that our asian competitors such that our parts are shipped to asia instead of buying local asian made parts. THAT brings pride back to AMERICAN MFG.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes we have gained jobs here in Alabama,, we have a lot more mexicans working everywhere,,Great jobs with no taxes!!!!But in reality we have seen a lot of real jobs fade out,Dunlop tires were my daddy worked 30 years {poof} gone ..I could go on and on but I think anyone with a lick of sense can see the truth..We are outsourcing ourselves to death!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The three stooges ,(Cyanide, Virginia22 and VADinger) will be along shortly to set y'all straight....

Spoken like a true assclown.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top