User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 4:14:30 PM EDT
AMC channel
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Years ago, I thought that was a really cool movie, but the older  get, the less I like it.

Let's face it, it's a story of 2 seamy drug dealers making a delivery.

"A young man went looking for America, but he couldn't find it anywhere...."

Bullshit!

Although I don't like the assholes that beat them up, shot them, nor the local LEOs that treated them like shit, I like the hippie element even less.

ETA, ETH is right. The sound track is Great. Maybe I'll put it on the TV as background music.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What a horribly depressing movie!

I think I'll watch it!

I saw it the first week that it was released....and then never again!

And that was my generation! The soundrtrack should be great, IIRC.

Eric The(IWasOnTheLouisianaRedNecks'SideInThisOne)Hun

POP some Morphine -------- and go with the flow.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
i like when the farmer blasts him

Two lane blacktop is better!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the best load for blastin' hippies?

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Years ago, I thought that was a really cool movie, but the older  get, the less I like it.

Let's face it, it's a story of 2 seamy drug dealers making a delivery.

"A young man went looking for America, but he couldn't find it anywhere...."

Bullshit!

Although I don't like the assholes that beat them up, shot them, nor the local LEOs that treated them like shit, I like the hippie element even less.

ETA, ETH is right. The sound track is Great. Maybe I'll put it on the TV as background music.

I remember thinking what a deep movie when I saw it in a theater back around 1970 or so.  Now, I think it is just stupid.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
crap!   all i am getting is Two Mules for Sister Sara....
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Although I have never heard it explained -- Fonda had a real hard on for Hopper in this movie , he did not like him ???
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]
or you could watch Black Knight on FOX
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Post from cyanide -

POP some Morphine -------- it may change your mind....

Hey, I've got enough 'Miss Emma' still in my system from the last two weeks that I'm still flying at a decent altitude!

But back then....I was likely even higher!

To my everlasting shame....

Eric The(Shameless)Hun

ETH! Welcome back!  I'm glad that you aint daid.

The only bad thing about the warm embrace of morphine is the damned constipation that comes with it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#13]
... Gotta love a movie with choppers in it!

... Naw, I really never liked the movie. However, I rented a couple DVD's tonight but don't feel like going upstairs (big-screen/DVD) so I'll just watch Easy Riders and work on my own chopper in the basement
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#14]
phony movie with hippies, I'd rather read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I think I'll watch it!

Good to see you back ...

You can't beat "Born to be wild!" by Steppenwolf
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

... Naw, I really never liked the movie. However, I rented a couple DVD's tonight but don't feel like going upstairs (big-screen/DVD) so I'll just watch Easy Riders and work on my own chopper in the basement

Nostalgia cycles sold exact copies of the Captain America and Billy bikes for about 10K.  Panhead fourspeed hardtails with kickers and magnetos! Now that's a bike!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Post from Pangea -

Ditto to that!

The only bad thing about the warm embrace of morphine is the damned constipation that comes with it.

Well....when you're taking Senokot by the fistfulls, the constipation just doesn't seem to occur!

Have you ever had a Foley's catheter?

It's the shizznitt!

Especially when they took it out too soon and had to reinsert it while I was wide awake at 4:00 AM!

It's one thing when you're under sedation in the Operating Room, quite another when you're not!

Eric The(<gack!>)Hun

Foley catheter, ugh!!!!! I had one in me cause the morphine drip was affecting my urge to pee which is I couldn't
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nostalgia cycles sold exact copies of the Captain America and Billy bikes for about 10K.  Panhead fourspeed hardtails with kickers and magnetos! Now that's a bike!

... Gotta love it!

www.ironcross.net/

... the frame, mounts & swingarm were prepped and sent out for powdercoating today - w00t!

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#21]
In the diner:

Those dudes look like the result of a gorilla love-in ...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome back ETH.  Glad you are getting well.

On the movie...  I'm watching it again now also.
Ya gotta love Nicholson.  The movie would be a
big "Billy Jack" dud without him.  What a
performance.

DanM
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Winston_Wolf and Campybob, you both suck outhouse bilge! I freakin hate you both!

My bike money went for two sets of braces and two college tuitions.  I can't really complain though.  My kids come first.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#24]
... Damn!

... I never before realized that was northern Arizona (San Francisco Peaks/Flagstaff/Vermillion Cliffs) area they're riding though at the beginning of the movie.

... Cool
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Starts off crossing the Colorado river at Needles.
Great Movie, Great sound track.
Yes im old.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Although I have never heard it explained -- Fonda had a real hard on for Hopper in this movie , he did not like him ???

iirc, Hopper was Directing, Fonda was a bigger name.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I'll watch it!

Good to see you back ...

You can't beat "Born to be wild!" by Steppenwolf

That ain't even close to their best music.  It has been played to death while you never hear their good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I read somewhere that nothing ever promoted New Orleans and Mardis Gras as well as that movie did.
The charts for income, attendence, and revenues from Mardis Gras had been flat for years, and after that movie, took off like a rocket.

Who here has NOT pictured themselves with a cool chopper, the Captain America leather jacket, and a gas tank full of cash, headed down the road to Mardis Gras?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#29]

I pulled in to Nazareth, was feeling 'bout half past dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head
``Hey mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?''
He just grinned and shook my hand, ``No'' was all he said

Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny
And you put the load right on me

I picked up my bag, I went looking for a place to hide
When I saw Carmen and the Devil walking side by side
I said ``Hey Carmen, come on, let's go downtown''
She said ``I gotta go but my friend can stick around''

Go down Miss Moses, there's nothing you can say
It's just old Luke, and Luke's waiting on the judgement day
``Well, Luke my friend, what about young Anna-Lee?''
He said ``Do me a favor son, won't you stay and keep Anna-Lee company?''

Crazy Chester followed me and he caught me in the fog
He said ``I will fix your rat if you'll take Jack my dog''
I said ``Wait a minute Chester, you know I'm a peaceful man''
He said ``That's okay boy, won't you feed him when you can?''

Catch a cannonball now to take me down the line
My bag is sinking low and I do believe it's time
To get back to Miss Fanny, you know she's the only one
Who sent me here with her regards for everyone

On April Fools' Day 1971, I set out on my Honda 750 from Norfolk, VA to Pomona, CA.  I was looking pretty scruffy then.  We had a late snowstorm that week...I damn near froze my ass off.  In East Tennessee on 11W, (I-40 was not complete then.) I pulled into a gas station to tighten my chain...some of the boyz in there didn't look too friendly.  I stayed a goodly distance from them and the P/U where they was all under the hood.

Outside of Amarillo, I pulled into a Chili stand and about five of the young studlies in jeans and penny loafers and tennies were giving me the evil eye.  I finished my chili and split w/o incident but  I was feeling real paranoid after seeing Easy Rider when it came out.

Long bike rides are not for the faint of heart of weak of kidney....and your 'taint' hurts like a bitch after a couple of days on the road too!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Post from Pangea -

Ditto to that!

Well....when you're taking Senokot by the fistfulls, the constipation just doesn't seem to occur!

Have you ever had a Foley's catheter?

It's the shizznitt!

Especially when they took it out too soon and had to reinsert it while I was wide awake at 4:00 AM!

It's one thing when you're under sedation in the Operating Room, quite another when you're not!

Eric The(<gack!>)Hun

FORGET THAT!!!

Four years ago after my last shoulder surgery, I was in the hospital all doped up the next day and this nursy kept coming in asking if I'd peed yet?  (My missus was there too.)  I told the young lady no because I wasn't too keen on that then...I had just given myself another dose of the morphine and was feeling no pain.  She brought me a metal bottle and told me to keep trying.

After the third try into the bed "receptical" I just gave up and said to hell with it...I'll pee when I'm ready!  

Then said nursy comes back in and informs me that she's going to have to use a "foley"...whatever that is.  I had NO clue...so I just blew her off.  The morphine was really working well then and I just wanted to sleep.

At that point, Miz LWilde says, "Wilde, do you KNOW what she is talking about doing?  Don't you KNOW what a Foley is?"  I said no...and she began to 'splain it to me!  

WHOA!!!  I told her and the nursy to help me get my butt vertical and I baby-stepped into the restroom, tugging a bottle tree and some silly machines along behind me.  Then I just stood there until she got a little stream.  Not much...but enough.  NO WAY that gal was sticking something up MY little buddy!

Hun...you have my sympathies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top