Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 10:25:45 AM EDT
I want to paint the CETME to give it that hip desert theme that is so popular these days.

I was thinking to hit it with some matte Krylon kahki, browns and some OD and then hitting it with some matte clearcoat.

How has this worked for you guys and what are some good techniques for patterns?

I will be using this rifle for hitting paper at the range, objects (washing machines, computer monitors and other assorted junk) in the rural areas, and for the mere joy of having a painted rifle.  

Muchas gracias, and please post some pics...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a Bowflage kit with the colors you want, cover up the glass on any optics, and start painting.  

Start with light and go to dark, and through trial and error you should get something you like.  

If you want a real pretty permenant and durable camo scheme, send it out for duracoating.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Lauer makes a paint kit with real high quality epoxy paint in any style/colors you want. I think you gotta bake it in the oven when you are done.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#3]
the bowflage idea is a good one.  

We used standard Krylon in Afghanistan...  Just spray paint it.  If you don't like it, hit it again.  It's that easy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Roller and latex house paint
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been researching some coatings for some of my firearms and I think I am going to go with the Norells Moly Resin.  I'll post some before and after pics if i can.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I used Krylon camo on a surplus M14 stock with good results. I painted the stock only, not the rifle. I have also heard good things about the paint available from Brownell's.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info guys. I have a Bass Pro shops close by and will see if they have some Bowflage.  Will post pics when I am done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top