Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2001 5:14:22 PM EDT
I had to have one the other day to check for a somewhat rare genetic disorder my dad was rcently dignosed with.  Familial Polyposis.  I didn't have it.  My brothers did though, and now have a 100% chance of developing colon cancer early on.

Colonoscopies suck.

I got pretty whacked out on Demerol and Valium though.

Balming
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't like it did you?  I mean your still a man right?  You like women still?  JK [;)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Intavenous Demerol is some good stuff. It just sucks that I always have to be hurt so bad to get some....
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Change your name to Eric Cartman.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
"Intravenous Demerol is some good stuff."

Not.

I am wildly allgeric to that.  After a bad auto accident in 1983, they shot me full of that stuff.  About 8 minutes later, it felt like I was being dipped in boiling oil.  Spent the entire night screaming my head off.  Did nothing at all for the multiple broken ribs and bruised liver I came in there with.

Will never, ever forget October 3-4 1983.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"Intravenous Demerol is some good stuff."

Not.

I am wildly allgeric to that.  After a bad auto accident in 1983, they shot me full of that stuff.  About 8 minutes later, it felt like I was being dipped in boiling oil.  Spent the entire night screaming my head off.  Did nothing at all for the multiple broken ribs and bruised liver I came in there with.

Will never, ever forget October 3-4 1983.  
View Quote

The only reason I get Demerol is because Morphine has no effect on me. I was pushing the button every 7 minutes for hours on end and it wasnt even dulling the pain. Eventually the veins in my arm became inflamed because I was using so much. When they switched me over to Demerol I would take three hits and then just chill out for a couple of hours.

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Colonoscopy? Try a barium enema! The day prior (or 2 days, can't remember) you can't eat (this really puts you in a cheery mood). Then you have to take a buttload (pun intended) of laxatives (nothing like spending an evening with the squirts every 20 minutes), then the morning of the procedure you have to give yourself a laxative suppository (a chunk of vegetable oil the size of a .50 caliber bullet) that sends you back to the crapper. Then you go to some clinic (mine happened to be staffed with beautiful young women--try hitting on some babe sometime while getting an anal probe!) for the procedure. Then they stick a big probe in the out door and inject some radioactive goo, all while strapped down to a table that's rotating every which way so this goo can drip through every inch of your large intestine. Then they fire up the camera and start injecting air into you, all while telling you, "Hold it...oh, you're doing great...I know this hurts...we're almost done..." and you feel like one of those japanese puffer fish ready to blow a major-league Chernobyl fart over Guido the anal doctor and his three lovely lady nurses.

Yes, this is disgusting...I have diverticulitus. The moral to this story: eat lots of fiber!
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Try a fistule on for size
[url]http://home.earthlink.net/~routhier/fistule.jpg[/url]
[blue]Would you mind linking anymore pics like that with a warning! thanks.[/blue]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like someone took a bite out of your ass..
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:12:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, y'all just don't know how much fun it is for us health care workers to assist in these "butts & guts" procedures, draining perirectal abcesses, and shoving a bull-whip-looking scope up all those asses!

To quote Mick Jagger, "It's a gas gas GAS!"

Seriously, though, as unpleasant as it is, early detection of colon problems saves lives.
The life we save by invasively shoving tubes in asses could be YOURS!

Steve
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Balming, the next time you need an anal probe, notify us and we'll do it for free!  Thank you for listening, earthling.

[(:|)]   [(:|)]   [(:|)]   [(:|)]   [(:|)]

PS -Sorry to hear about this.  [;)]

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Awwwwwwwwwwww....

you guys are great!

Nothing like good old fashioned ass humor!

I just wish I was a little more awake, I would have said "Is tht all you got, bitch!"  when the doc stuck it to me!

Balming
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top