Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2001 7:12:57 PM EDT
Who Dont Like Americans...O'reilly said Americans are selfish, and want Power
Guns, Booze and Drugs.....guess working for that Chi-Com loving Rupert Murdock
has him talking like commie...fair and balanced?...O'reilly is fairly unbalanced imo-
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember he does live in New York.  In some cases that is true.  I frequently disagree with Bill however; I respect him tremendously for not letting people off the hook and 'spinning' the question.  He would really have to take some absolutely whacked out views for me to not enjoy his show.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Who said Americans dont like booze (look at the alcohol abuse rates, guns (homocide rate), Drugs (again...), and Power???

That comment may not be FAIR to many American people, but it is damn well BALANCED!  We ARE a selfish society.  Some are selfish in "...and the pursuit of happiness", but that's just normal behavior.  Then, you have people who truly are selfish, in a sense that everything has to be their way - I can be an alcoholic, without a job, having 5 kids..."and damnit, I expect welfare!"

Screw what Americans SHOULD be; nothing will change if we don't half-heartedly acknowledge who Americans are now.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Jewbroni....
Well said. I agree.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
O'reilly said Americans are selfish, and want Power, Guns, Booze and Drugs-
View Quote

Like...there's something wrong with that? (eyes rolling into the back of head...)
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
guns, drugs, power, and booze.  Left out money.

Damn hard to get some of these in other countries no matter how bad you want them (especially guns and power).  Just the cost of freedom.....is someone complaining?  Oh well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top