Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2004 11:38:40 AM EDT
I never wanted to eat crow so bad in my entire life. I have never been so glad to be wrong in a feeling on an election. I was shittin Kerry would take it judging by the numbers of zombies in my area.

I am relieved and glad to be humbled. ahhhh For you guys who live in Democratic strongholds I wish I were as optimistic through all this as you were. But I guess me freaking that we will lose sure got me fired up to do everything to change the minds of my family who were undecideds. All voted for W excepot for my sis in law. She is a zombie to the core. But my father who usually never votes actually went out and voted after I came over with a few beers and talked politics with him. He love to talk about politics, but he never votes he always assumes "its in the bag". He now sees the importance of getting out there. He voted, his girlfriend voted. My brother voted and my girlfriend voted all Republican. These people normally dont vote. I guess my being scared shitless helped me get them off their asses.

And I am an independent.

I wish for the Dem party to dissolve. It needs to. I think a Republican and Libertarian balance of power would keep our govt in check better than any other two party system. The Dems can be like the green party or some other insignificant party.

What would be a good two party system to keep the govt honest? Opinions? Maybe thats another topic.

anyway , sorry for being a chicken little freaking over this election. Just so you know I was about to take a shitty offer on a house I am selling just so I could buy all the guns and ammo before it was too late. I was prepared to lose over $20 on the sale of a house just to get it done and buy gear. Now I can make a fat profit and not go on the cheap. I was gonna buy a bunch of AK's and ammo and spare parts. Now I can afford to buy real weapons. I may even get a full auto now.

One mighty relieved WildBoar.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
George Washington warned that the Party system would be the undoing of this country.

Republican and Libertarian would be better, but no parties might be best.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
George Washington warned that the Party system would be the undoing of this country.

Republican and Libertarian would be better, but no parties might be best.

So a candidate could conceivably win the presidency with all of 12% of the popular vote due to the number of candidates?

HuhWay!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And I am an independant.

And a bad speller.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I am an independant.

And a bad speller.

Fixed it. Thank you spelling Nazi.

Also I found a description of you on the net
www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame48.html

Xenophobe is usually a long-term discussion forum participant and he thinks of the forum as his private compound. Xenophobe regards newbies to his forum as mentally deficient and perhaps even having criminal tendencies, and they are invariably approached with suspicion and condescension. If a Newbie has the temerity to make critical observations about the forum's social dynamics, or questions prevailing opinion, Xenophobe will attempt to silence or drive out the newcomer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top