Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2004 7:49:47 AM EDT
They still can't get it!  They are way out of touch!  

To be competitive they need a complete overhaul.  But I bet Hillary is happy!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#1]
the democrat party is in shambles...
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Good.

Let's hope the Libertarians or Constitutional party can rise.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
So I'm lazy... What's the numbers in the Congress?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes. Their best and brightest are mere dolts wearing blinders.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They still can't get it!  They are way out of touch!  

To be competitive they need a complete overhaul.  But I bet Hillary is happy!

Oh, please, I hope so.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope, they are like cockroaches.  They just won't die!!!!  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Sadly I don't see any sign of Implosion, rather a slow erosion that dates back to 1994.  After 10 years there is no sign of it stopping, and I do not see anyone currently in a leadership position in the DNC who is compitent enough to change the parties course.

But their showing this year was too good to warrant talk of a implosion.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Republicans picked up at least 2 seats with 5 yet to be decided.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Rather they are like cockroaches with herpes....neither of which ever go away easily.

Remember this....the DNC is not an organized political party, as Will Rogers once said.  It is simply a place for weirdos to hang out.  If you aren't GOP, you are by default DNC.  

When Christ returns, we will see the end of evil and perversion.  Until then, there is no shortage of bad people, perverts, baby-killers, and the like to keep the DNC going.

Besides, the DNC has always been "about the money."  It's a business and the folks at the top will do whatever it takes to keep bringing "their" money in.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Tell you what, raise the voting age to 21, and take away the right of anyone who recieves a govermnent assistance check of any kind to vote, IE only tax paying, working americans can vote and you will NEVER have another democrat in office again.  Russ
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

U.S. Senate
Republican 54
Democrat 44
Ind/Other 1

U.S. House
Republican 229
Democrat 200
Ind/Other 1

Governor
Republican 28
Democrat 21
Ind/Other 0
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I was watching the results in a club last night.  Right outside the SF Gay area,  myself, my brother, and my friend were the only ones supporting Bush.  We decided not to ruffle any feathers, but it was hard to keep from snickering all night.  Here are some actual quotes where I couldn't hold back the laughter

Some dumb jock was screaming "The lawsuits in Ohio are BULLSHIT MAN!  BULLSHIT!"

"Kerry can take Florida.  All the counties that haven't reported in are in the south"

"Kerry can still win without Florida"

"Kerry can still take Ohio.  The polls stayed open.  You only stand in line to make a change, not vote incumbent"

"51% of America is STUPID!" (At this point I was thinking it was the 49% in utter denial)

"Kerry can still win without Ohio, it mathmatically..."  "Oh shut the fuck up Steve, we lost"

From a kid in the Coast Gaurd "Goddammit I'm going to Iraq"
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sadly I don't see any sign of Implosion, rather a slow erosion that dates back to 1994.  After 10 years there is no sign of it stopping, and I do not see anyone currently in a leadership position in the DNC who is compitent enough to change the parties course.

But their showing this year was too good to warrant talk of a implosion.

I don't know (?)  Carville had some interesting things to say about the (Dem') party last night when he knew it was lost (Basically, that it was time for some radical shifting around on issues relating to average Americans).  Someone else brought up a very good point too that I hadn't really thought about regarding their POTUS nominations and that was that they haven't had a President elected by a majority of the voters since 1976 (Clinton one two 3-way races and topped-out at 49%).  THAT (In addition to the house and Senate losses the suffered) got to be something of a "wake-up" for them.  What they DO about it should be interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#14]
If you think this election was nasty, if Hitlery runs, there will be hate like no one has seen.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Tell you what, raise the voting age to 21, and take away the right of anyone who recieves a govermnent assistance check of any kind to vote, IE only tax paying, working americans can vote and you will NEVER have another democrat in office again.  Russ

so you want to take away voting rights from the vets that are on 100% disability?  i was under the impression that if you are on 100% disability you don't pay taxes, but maybe i am wrong
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#16]
You'd be amazed how many sub-21 Pro Bush people there are...
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#17]
They will not implode.  They will only grow fatter and more angry like AlGore.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so you want to take away voting rights from the vets that are on 100% disability?  i was under the impression that if you are on 100% disability you don't pay taxes, but maybe i am wrong

Im talking About government WELFARE checks and disability checks that are not VETS and not an acutal disability, ie crazy checks, fat checks, lazy son of a bitch checks  etc. Russ
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#19]
They won't implode but they're about to take the "Democrat Bus" and drive it over the cliff on the left.  They are going to become so militant it's not even going to be mildly amusing anymore.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
They will not implode.  They will only grow fatter and more angry like AlGore.  

Don't forget the beard.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If you aren't GOP, you are by default DNC.  

When Christ returns, we will see the end of evil and perversion.

Wow!  Look who's calling who a 'weirdo'.  

That's the most disturbing thing I've read since I checked out DU 10 minutes ago.

"Cockroaches with herpes"?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I don't know (?)  Carville had some interesting things to say about the (Dem') party last night when he knew it was lost (Basically, that it was time for some radical shifting around on issues relating to average Americans).  .

Tell me more. What issues? Did he give any hints?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#23]
No implosion... But if they're smart (they certainly have the brainpower... they just have to use it) they'll realign the party. I don't know if Karl Rove was behind it (liberals think he's behind everything from terrorism to hurricanes it seems) but at some point, the Republican leadership decided that they had to change the perception that the GOP was for old racist fogeys and that the Democratic party was where all the hip cool cats were. Somewhere after the Bob Dole run and Dubya's 2000 run there were some massive changes made- pretty quietly, as I really didn't know about it.

The Dems will have to pull that off - despite some real lefty non-team players screeching on the sidelines - in order to regain what the Clintons achieved in 92 and 96.

I don't **want** it to happen but it's just a big societal pendulum, swinging back and forth. It's quite amazing when you think about it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know (?)  Carville had some interesting things to say about the (Dem') party last night when he knew it was lost (Basically, that it was time for some radical shifting around on issues relating to average Americans).  .

Tell me more. What issues? Did he give any hints?

Not really.  He seemed to intimate that the party that had just lost the election as bad as it did was out of touch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top