Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 8:06:14 PM EDT
Being able to easily cruise between here, DUH and the newsboards indeed rocks!  Go Mozilla!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Being able to easily cruise between here, DUH and the newsboards indeed rocks!  Go Mozilla!

Yep, it's nice. I just wish I knew why mine ocassionally blanks out when I have too many tabs open.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see the big advantage over opening multiple browser windows then using alt-tab to switch.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one window with 6 tabs for different election sites, plus extra windows for ARFCOM and DUh, and Ohio's page.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Agreed. I like having everything in one place.

I just wish you could open a link in a new tab and stay in your current tab until the new one is finished loading.

The only problem is netscape sometimes like to get flaky and crash my pc.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Kick it up a notch and have dual screens using Netscape. Easier to do then you think!
-Steve
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just wish you could open a link in a new tab and stay in your current tab until the new one is finished loading.

Edit->Preferences->Navigator->Tabbed Browsing->Check 'Load links in the background'.

Done.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Got the same in Safari.  Apple-click to open in a tab.  Thank god for broadband.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit->Preferences->Navigator->Tabbed Browsing->Check 'Load links in the background'.

Done.

SWEEEET!!!!!

Thank you very much! I've wanted to be able to do that for so long!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I loved non-Microcrap browsing!

No pop-ups.

No browser hijacks.

No automatically installed viruses.

www.opera.com

I tried Opera and I still really prefer MoZilla FIREFOX. The user interface is almost the same as with Internet Explorer 'cept for the tabs and the download manager (and ya gotta admit, we ARE all naturally used to the UI of IE). I LOVE IT!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Ahhhhhhh.

Mozila.

I love you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top