Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 5:29:40 PM EDT
Couple of thoughts:

1.  I can't STAND THIS!  I'm going nuts right now!

2.  Fox News political pundits, even the conservitive ones are not real optimistic towards Bush.

3.  Why do they call states with only a small % reporting, even when Bush was winning at tyhe time?  They had Maine 51% Bush to 49% Kerry with 1% reporting and had a check mark next to Kerry...  They had Alabama in a similar situation and called it for Bush.  How do they do that?  Past election history?

Irregardless it's time for another beer and a loud:

GO W!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The projected winners are based on a national pool not just Fox numbers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
3.  Why do they call states with only a small % reporting, even when Bush was winning at tyhe time?  They had Maine 51% Bush to 49% Kerry with 1% reporting and had a check mark next to Kerry...  They had Alabama in a similar situation and called it for Bush.  How do they do that?  Past election history?

I do not understand this either.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Relying on Exit polls.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Smith is an arse.

I'm watching a movie, not this election bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because if bush crushes, then nobody watches anymore.
You guys are glued to the TV and that means ratings.
Duh.
Watch some states start to reverse.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Smith is an arse.

I'm watching a movie, not this election bullshit.

Wow! You can watch a movie and monitor this?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because if bush crushes, then nobody watches anymore.
You guys are glued to the TV and that means ratings.
Duh.
Watch some states start to reverse.

Your probably right.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I chose to watch paint dry over watching Brit Hume.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes 3 of us, WTF is going on?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Fox claims that they are not using exit polls to call but relying on actual counts.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Fox claims that they are not using exit polls to call but relying on actual counts.

GunLvr

Actually, they are checking their exit poll results vs what they are actually seeing. They're playing it close to the vest. Even when Bush does better than the exit pollig suggests, like here in VA, they're withholding their call because it doesn't match.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top