Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 3:11:25 PM EDT
My friend's Churh Sponsors Adoptions from Ukrainia.There's a bunch of kids over here now and they have to go back in two weeks. My friend and his wife are going to adopt two (sisters) (they already have five of their own.
They want to go tomorrow night and meet some of the kids.I already have three of my own.
It's just alot to think about.

Most of the kids are older 10 or 11.One stipulation from the Ukraine govt is that if a child has a sibling you must adopt them also.There is only one or two out of the group that have no siblings.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My friend's Churh Sponsors Adoptions from Ukrainia.There's a bunch of kids over here now and they have to go back in two weeks. My friend and his wife are going to adopt two (sisters) (they already have five of their own.
They want to go tomorrow night and meet some of the kids.I already have three of my own.
It's just alot to think about.

Most of the kids are older 10 or 11.One stipulation from the Ukraine govt is that if a child has a sibling you must adopt them also.There is only one or two out of the group that have no siblings.

Yes, but did you know there are a lot of kids in foster homes here in the US?

Why not adopt an American kid?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I never really considered adopting a child.Years ago I fostered some kids who were in dire straits.
(4 siblings) But now I've got my own kids and this was kinda thrown in my lap.
My friends arent pressuring me they just want me and the wife to consider it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If you should decide to adopt, you would be doing a wonderful thing. You would really be bettering a childs life, and their chances in the future. If you are truly meant to adopt, IMHO you will feel a connection with the child that is suppose to be yours. Adoption isn't right for everyone, and don't feel bad if it is not for you. You have to do what works for you, and your family. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife and I adopted a beautiful girl 10 years ago. We had planned to check out Russia and some other places, but went through the social sevice agency in our own county.

Mom was a Navy corpsman that got knocked-up during a one-night-stand when she was transferred from P-Cola to SD. She gave up the child to continue her career. In 10 years, she's never asked about her daughter. She had a second child about 7 years ago, so my daughter has a half-sister.

You might try locally before you try overseas. It may be less expensive as well. Catholic Charities wanted about $6,000 to do an adoption. As we were my daughter's foster parents prior to the adoption, we are paid $425.00 monthly for the care of our daughter until she's 18. It helps.

Best of luck in your adoption!!! It's is a wonderful thing you are doing!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
This whole thing is complicated but here it goes
There is this Organization called "Heart To Heart with Ukraine" it's Christian Based.
They support Orphanages in the Ukraine monetarily and promote Adoptions to Families here in the US.
One thing they do is ask Families to sponsor a child for 3 weeks.
The child comes here lives with a Family and gives it a try so to speak.The child must go backafter the 3weeks.
If the Sponser Family decides to go for Adoption they have to apply and wait approx 4 months then travel to the Ukraine and spend 3 weeks there.
It's just a long process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top