Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 7:12:05 AM EDT
I was.

Some guy standing behind the little old ladies who were in charge of the address books clicked my info into his palm pilot as I was being issued my ballot.

I felt a little violated but there's nothing I can do since this sort of activity is permitted by law.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is saying that in some places Observers outnumber poll workers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a lady running around betwen the precincts with a large button that said "Election Observer", or something like that.  Never saw that before.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
As I was finishing one of the workers looking out the window said welp here comes the observer.

She was wearing a american flag blouse kinda thing.

As I was leaving a lady walked in with a W crossed out shirt with pro kerry crap on the back.

I didn't feel like waiting to see if she got booted out.   Law says no political materials in a place of polling.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I wasn't observed but there was this totally hot,  completely stacked blond chick voting in the next booth. It was highly distracting and I observed her as much as possible.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#4]
There were people with move on.org materials outside of my polling place.

fuckers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes I believe I was.  Because i walked in, didn't even draw the curtain.
Fuck it. Stand tall and make your voice heard!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Also in NH and I was observed at voter check-in.  

Incidentally, the only place I was ever disenfrachised was at Macdonalds
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Not here in Minnesota
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#8]
San Diego.  About 30 people there voting.  Didn't notice anyone or anything out of the ordinary.

Everything looked like it was running like a Swiss watch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I was observing a majorly fine ass/leg combo in a short business suit about 10 feet ahead of me.  It made the hour wait fly by...

I didn't know such a creature lived in my precinct...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Had a random urinalysis this morning. The observer watched EVERYTHING! Good news though, I voted in private.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#11]
yes, behind the ladies at the tables doing name checks
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey CheeseBeast,
Where are you? I'm over in south-west corner o' NH.
And of course i got the evil eye from the grand-ma's behind the table. I say Good! Mights well check 'em coming in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top