Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 6:15:35 AM EDT
As I sat here this morning reading the various posts about voter harrasment and election fraud, I had to ask myself "What the hell is wrong with this country?". How is it that a man who openly collaborated with the enemy during the Vietnam war is even allowed to live in this country, much less have the chance to be in charge of it. Why isn't John Kerry rotting in a cell somewhere, or laying in an unmarked grave, with the rest of the traitors that this country has put to death?

How has this country become so blind? America used to stand for something better. Americans used to know that sometimes war was a necessary evil, and that people always die in wars.

At 23, I am too young to remember a time when Americans did the right thing, just because it was the right thing. I don't remember a time when people protested something because they really felt that there was a reason to protest, and not because protesting war is the "cool" thing to do.

Finally, it occured to me what is wrong with this country. It's is the people. Not all of the people, maybe not even a majority of the people. Too many people in this country take what they have for granted. They have never walked on a street in Iraq, and have never seen a starving child or a mass grave. They want something for nothing, and are oblivious to the fact that millions all over the world have nothing. They scream for action when terrorists attack, and then they are horrified when they realize that we will take action. They speak out against the war in Iraq, and then go home to their nice houses and dorms while the people in Iraq sit in their huts waiting for a chance at freedom.

To many Americans hate America. They have never been anywhere else, so they don't know how lucky they are. Nor do they care. People in this country have gone from hard working, simple and honest citizens to whining, begging parasites. They live in the greatest country in the world, but they woul rather die than admit it. Why be thankful for a quality of life that the majority of the world only dreams about when you have to pay taxes to keep the country running. Why be thankful for an equal opportunity to do anything you want when you can sit around on your ass and complain about slavery, which you never expeirienced because it was outlawed before any living person was even born.

someAmericans are what is wrong with America.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You and Zen make me sick.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You and Zen make me sick.

SGtar15

Really? How is that? Because it bothers me that so many in this country are that selfish?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]
sounds like your one of the american haters you mentioned
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:34:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
sounds like your one of the american haters you mentioned

I do hate some Americans. Specifically the ones that feel entitled to something because their great-great-grandparents were slaves/oppressed/poor/etc., the ones who ignore the opportunities they are given at birth and then complain when they don't make anything of their lives, and the ones who think that if they don't need something, noone else does either.

If you are trying to say that I sound like I hate America, I assure you I do not. Been all over America, benefitted greatly from being in America, and gone to war for America. There is no other country in the world that can compare, and nowhere else I would rather be. My issues are with certain Americans.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Scalawags, carpetbaggers, and 140 years of occupation is what's wrong with my country. God save the South!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#8]
There is much truth in what you say.  I think the actual number of American America haters is fairly small, but they are powerful in the media, education and government, giving them great  influence with many of the sheeple.

In many ways the tide has turned against them.  While it might be hard to tell if you focus exclusively on the media, eduction, or government, the rest of the country is becoming increasingly 'conservative.'  Crime, teen pregnancy and divorce rates are down.  There is an ongoing religious revival.  The Republican party controls the presidency, the Senate, the House, and a majority of governorships (inlcuding the governorships of the four most populous states).  We have a long way to go, but things have changed a great deal for the better since 1980.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"What the hell is wrong with this country?". How is it that a man who openly collaborated with the enemy during the Vietnam war is even allowed to live in this country, much less have the chance to be in charge of it. Why isn't John Kerry rotting in a cell somewhere, or laying in an unmarked grave, with the rest of the traitors that this country has put to death? .

Amen
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#11]
over the years we've had the universities, now the public schools and the media becomming more liberal and the general culture becomming more liberal.  many have seen the disaterous trend/ results that have resulted and are turning around to fight (vote, participate). we will see if it's too little, too late...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#12]

What's wrong with this country..

I call it "Rome Syndrome".......we've had it too good for too long.

Look what happened to the Roman Empire.......that's what's in store for Amerca.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top