Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 7:24:38 PM EDT
Question:  if the outcome of the election once again ends up in the hands of the Supreme Court, how will the absence of Renquist effect that?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I think he'd make it for that case.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Question:  if the outcome of the election once again ends up in the hands of the Supreme Court, how will the absence of Renquist effect that?

He's not absent. He can vote even if he isnt present to hear the case.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The questionable health of one of the conservative justices on the supreme court is all the reason you need to have to get your asses to the polls tomorrow!
I'm TheHappyBlaster, and I approved this message.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The questionable health of one of the conservative justices on the supreme court is all the reason you need to have to get your asses to the polls tomorrow!
I'm TheHappyBlaster, and I approved this message.

My ass will be at the polls at 0700 hours.

I'm R0933C, and I approve of your message, too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
If he dies or can not be there and the decision of the court is a 4-4 tie it reverts back to the original courts ruling.  If this would have happened in 2000 the Florida Supreme Courts decision would have stood and chances are Gore would be pres
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait a minute ... if dead people can vote in Ohio and Florida, why can't Rehnquist vote if he dies?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know how that legally plays out, but as has been mentioned, voting tomorrow will have a big effect on how the court is.  It's likely that at least two will retire, IMO.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If S.Kerry wins you can plan on Cheif Justice Rhodam-Clinton casting some all to important votes.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#9]
If he dies, doesn't Bush have the right to nominate the replacement?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If he dies, doesn't Bush have the right to nominate the replacement?

In theory and custom.  However the Senate has oversight on his nominations.  The Democrats have consistently rejected President bush's court nominations simply because they weren't ultra liberals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top