Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 12:08:14 PM EDT
This weekend the History channel had the movie "The Lost Battalion" on.  Certainly the best modern movie on World War One.  The movie showed everything that makes America great, a bunch of guys from vastly different backgrounds fighting against impossible odds.  That is America foks, that is what we are.  One of the Historians during the intermission mentioned that at the time 30% of the people fighting in the American Army had not even been born in America.

If you are not familiar with the story I recommend it highly.  What I would like to point out is that a Battalion of American soldiers was cut off because the French army was unable to maintain the pace of the advance and withdrew to their own lines.  The French of course where actually fighting to defend their own country.  The battalion was not lost because of the determination of the men, their loyalty to one another, and to their commander.

During the second big European war of this century France capitulated under the German onslaut in a mater of weeks.  Preferring to live under the jackboot of German authority while an elite few profited from occupation, watching their Jewish neighbors carted off to "concentration camps."  The french were cowards during the war.  Some will certainly point out that their were resistance fighters, and they would be right.  But here is an actual fact, the French resistance did not even get seriously kicked off until the Germans invaded Russia and Moscow ordered the French Communists to participate.  (while the Soviets and Hitler had been under their mutual non aggression pact, the French communists had been sitting it out.)

After World War Two our president had the foresight to basically give the area that is now Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos back to the French.  The French had exploited the region for years of years before the Japanese kicked them out.  A brave band of Vietnamese fought the Japanese and asked the US for a free nation after the war.  We gave it to the French who had “had it so rough.”  I wonder why Truman did this?  The French in their characteristic way failed to maintain control of the nation, the vietnamese who wanted independence ended up going to the Communists and we ended up fighting them about ten years later.

A similar thing happened in Morocco a few years later.  The one decent French unit (made op of foreigners, go figure) basically cleared out the terrorists and the French ended up selling them out and giving the North African nation to our enemies.

During the ‘91 Gulf War the French sent a tiny fraction of their army despite the fact that they get a much larger percentage of their oil from Kuwait.

The French are have broken the nuclear test ban treaty.  Why is that?

After the war the French continued to sell arms to Saddam.  During the second war against Iraq an A-10 was shot down with a late 90's production Roland Guided AA missile.

We will never know the extent of the corruption of the French in the UN.  With the “oil for food” candle.  Seems more like oil for guided missiles to me.

God I hate the French.  We have spent countless dollars and lives protecting these people. And countless dollars and lives cleaning up the messes they have made.

God I hate the French.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You=Preacher
arfcom=choir
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You=Preacher
arfcom=choir

I know, that's why it is a rant.  I needed to get it off my chest.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Only the older people still alive
in Normandy have any sense of gratitude.
They know the truth.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You hear that crap about the frog-eating surrender monkeys wanting to give nuclear weapons to the muslim nations on the grounds that it wasn't fair that the Jews got nukes and the Arabs didn't?

THE JEWS WON'T USE THE FRICKING THINGS!

I swear, the French become more illogical, unrational, and treacherous with every passing day.

Got a good joke out of it though:

An older man had just arrived at the Paris airport and was making his way through the line. When he got to the end, the man there asked for his passport.

"I don't have a passport."

"What do you mean you don't have a passport? You should know you need a passport to enter France! You Americans are all alike: ignorant!"

"I didn't need any passport the last time I visited France."

"Impossible, old man! You always have to show a passport to enter the country!"

The old man looked the clerk in the eye and replied, "The last I visited France was in 1945, and there was no French man on the beach, asking to see my passport or otherwise."
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Je ne suis pas ici pour jouer avec vous!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top