Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 1:10:14 AM EDT
My cousin needs a first car so it seems to fall on me to look for him something decent,
He didnt want the green pinto that shoots fire out the carb though.
I found him a 94 Buick Park Ave Ultra for sale at a decent price, below blue book value for private party.
I figure its decent enough and not too big or anything for a first car.

My first car was a 92 crown vic so I stick with bigger cars, plus they seem to be better when you get hit.

I was wondering if anyone had any expierance with these?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the exact same car. Leather EVERYWHERE with heated 6-way adjustable heated seats are factory standard. it's the most plush vehicle i have ever owned. The suspension is a little on the soft side (it IS a buick).

Something you need to bear in mind though is that the Ultra is a supercharged 3.8v6 and despite its mamoth size it has a LOT more pick-up-and-go than one would expect. If i turn off the traction control i can smoke the tires on the street (which is really lame in a front wheel drive car so I dont do it often) and I smoke my friend's ricey Honda with it all day long. So make sure the kid is at least fairly responsible.

Its a REALLY nice car though and it holds together well too. I have about 120,000 miles on mine and i have had no repairs beyond basic maintinence and its running fine.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks for the info Redmenace.

It has more power stuff then my 95 Impala in it and I drove it some, has some nice power for the car I noticed so its atleast have decent when you got to stomp it.

It passed my test that I would drive it and if I had the cash and would spend it in a FNC sear or something Id get it for my around town car.

I wanted to make sure there isnt any big problems with those.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Great vehicle.  I have almost the same car--94 Lesabre.  It's been the most trouble free car I have ever had and that's with my wife driving it and she's murder on cars.  I hope to own a used Park Ave Ultra one day.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top