Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2004 11:54:08 PM EDT
I want to get a nice side-by-side for around the house. I once saw a man that had a really short side-by-side 12 gauge, i think the bbl length was right at 18", and then it got me thinking of that one particular shotgun that Ash (Bruce Campbell) used in that movie "Army of Darkness". Anyone know how much one of those (Remington's, did he say?) retails for and where I can get one, or are there any other good, non-exposed-hammer, short 12 gauge side-by-sides that I can acquire for cheap? I would hope not to spend more than $500.

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me look it up tomorrow but  there's an import made in Russia that's just what you want.  The model is called "The Bountyhunter".  For some reason Saga comes to mind but I don't think that's the name of this company.  Anyone?

Edited to add:  Saw where you posted this in the Shotgun forum also.  That company is the EAA.  Sounds like you just want the "cool" factor.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of good cowboy action copies out there.

Can we talk you into an 870 instead??

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Baikal, Stoeger or Norinco.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Nah, I got a Mossberg 500, but now I want a side-by-side.

Call it an obsession, the desire for more guns....

ETA: The coolness factor definitely does play into this scenario
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:19:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Screw the side-by-side, get a Winchester 1887.

Cut the stock and barrel, and put a larger loop on there, and you have yourself the shotgun from T2.  "You von't be baaack."

Too bad they aren't being made anymore.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Baikal, Stoeger or Norinco.

OK then.

+1 for Stoeger.   Coach gun.

Have them polish the tubes though, they'll eject better/faster.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I want to get a nice side-by-side for around the house. I once saw a man that had a really short side-by-side 12 gauge, i think the bbl length was right at 18", and then it got me thinking of that one particular shotgun that Ash (Bruce Campbell) used in that movie "Army of Darkness". Anyone know how much one of those (Remington's, did he say?) retails for and where I can get one, or are there any other good, non-exposed-hammer, short 12 gauge side-by-sides that I can acquire for cheap? I would hope not to spend more than $500.

What you are looking for is a Coach Gun.

Here's some info on several models.

COACH GUNS

-Nugz

ETA: I saw the EUROPEAN AMERICAN ARMORY (EAA), Bounty Hunter coach gun model made by the Russian firm Baikal at a local dealer for around $250. IIRC.

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, gentlemen.

Hey if you hear of any more deals, tell me about 'em, will ya?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top