Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 10:07:36 AM EDT
I've figured out a few of the DUh nicknames for Bush ("chimp" and Shrub), but what is up with *?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure * = Asshole  
or          * is a "bush"  

And they say We are the one full of hate
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it's because his name is soooo evil they can't say it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
No.  They use * so that a web search of "Bush" doesn't point towards their site.

Also, this is why Direct TV pirate sites use the term "Dave" instead of "Direct TV".  They don't want the attention.

Same thing with all the 'airsoft' threads here - eventually airsofters (the pimply juvenille scum that they are) will start to be pointed towards ARFCOM the more times *irsoft shows up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually the * stands for "HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED"

They are too stupid for words.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I just wonder how you stayed long enought to figure that out? They like to kick me out.
And I have a feeling it is because of my political beliefs.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#6]
None of the abvove. It is an asterick, similiar to that which baseball used when Roger Maris set the new HR record, it denotes an exception. DUh assholes still say Bush was put in by the USSC, thus the * for needing a footnote of sorts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top