Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 7:29:15 AM EDT
Breaking on FOX, 3rd ID soldier to testify they took 200 tons of the "missing" explosives to blow other explosive stashes.

ETA:  Apparently testify within the hour.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#1]
That cant be true because Jon Skerry said George W gave it to terrrorist.

I hope he eats his fucking words and it cost him the election.

Go W!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That cant be true because Jon Skerry said George W gave it to terrrorist.

I hope he eats his fucking words and it cost him the election.

Go W!!

I wish!  

Unfortunately, DemoRats can claim anything, and never be held accountable.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, I heard it too.  I hope it's true and clear and cut.  A little evidence might help too.  either way, not many people are going to be swayed one way or the other.  Look at all of the logic scary supporters have ignored thus far.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Breaking on FOX, 3rd ID soldier to testify they took 200 tons of the "missing" explosives to blow other explosive stashes.

Why waste Uncle Sam's bomb juice to get rid of RPGs, mines, and other stuff, when there is some really nice high-grade explosive already provided by Sadaam??

I don't know if this is true or not. I am not sure exactly what you need to detonate HMX or RDX. My (limited) understanding is that they are harder to blow than plastic. Still, I am sure our EOD teams could probably find lots of good uses for the stuff. I know they have blown up a whole lot of UO while over in Afghanistan and Iraq.

BTW, found out more info on HMX and RDX. RDX is WIDELY AVAILABLE IN THE US, and is sometimes used even as rat poision. RDX is a very versatile explosive and can be found in everything from high grade military weapons to common fireworks. It has been around since 1899 and is one of the most common explosives out there.

HMX is a bit different. HMX is more potent and does not have civilian uses. Still, in addition to its uses in nuclear fission, it is also used in the production of several types of conventional munitions, and even in making rocket motors, but only in small ammounts.

There is only one place in the US, and probably not very many places world wide. The facility in the US only produced 15,000 tons of the stuff PER YEAR in the years they have data on. So 350,000 TONS of the stuff seems like an insanely high ammount, so I sincerely doubt that Iraq had that many tons of the stuff laying around.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why waste Uncle Sam's bomb juice to get rid of RPGs, mines, and other stuff, when there is some really nice high-grade explosive already provided by Sadaam??

I don't know if this is true or not. I am not sure exactly what you need to detonate HMX or RDX. My (limited) understanding is that they are harder to blow than plastic. Still, I am sure our EOD teams could probably find lots of good uses for the stuff. I know they have blown up a whole lot of UO while over in Afghanistan and Iraq.

All you need is a good blasting cap to detonate either HMX or RDX. This stuff is good stuff for destructs as both explosives have very high shocking power.   RDX is for those who don't know makes up 91% of C-4.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Press conference is scheduled for 1200 est and should shed a little more light.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#7]
This would be too good to be true.  Although the dems would still claim the it means we don't have control over there.  I mean, if true, why did we not know what happened to them from the get-go?  The pie in sKerrys face would be priceless though!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
All you need is a good blasting cap to detonate either HMX or RDX. This stuff is good stuff for destructs as both explosives have very high shocking power.   RDX is for those who don't know makes up 91% of C-4.

Pretty much what I thought. RDX is, now that I have done some research, an extremely common explosive used in a ton of stuff. That and PETN make up Semtex. It would make perfect sense for the EOD guys to use this stuff to blow up UO or other ordnance.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#9]
<dnc_spin>
OMG!  It's worse than we thought!  The AMERICANS took the explosives without IAEA approval!  GEORGE W. BUSH STOLE THE EXPLOSIVES!!!!
</dnc_spin>
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Drudge is running with it as a Red headline:

FLASH 10.29.01 11:36:56 ET /// Soldier to brief reporters at Pentagon within the hour that he was tasked with removing explosives from al Qaqaa and he and his unit removed 200+ tons... Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#13]
What do you want to bet that liberal prick Hanoi John continues running the commercials blaming Bush for the missing explosives?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What do you want to bet that liberal prick Hanoi John continues running the commercials blaming Bush for the missing explosives?

I bet your gun collection versus the gum in my pocket that he WILL continue to do so.

Now gimme your guns.

Which is, oddly enough, what he will say if he is elected president....

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I sure hope the fence sitters wake up and smell the .  

sKerry, whatever it takes, LIE, CHEAT, STEAL
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Listining to the briefing on Rush now:  the missing amout is less that 1/1000th the amount that coilition forces has destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#17]
lol! this guy is like a younger Rumsfeld!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Back in April '03, while he was in Al Qaqaa, little did this poor 0-4 know that he'd be in front of the Pentagon press corps and all of these TV cameras today.  He looks nervous.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm standing by after the news conferrence to record the sKerry apology to President Bush and the US military.............................................This may take a while...........................................................................................................................................
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, no way sKerry can continue on this course.  Must find another lie to run with.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Back in April '03, while he was in Al Qaqaa, little did this poor 0-4 know that he'd be in front of the Pentagon press corps and all of these TV cameras today.  He looks nervous.  

On the other hand, when does a Major get the chance to save the boss's butt on national TV?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yeah, no way sKerry can continue on this course.  Must find another lie to run with.

Easy enough for a pro like him.  I think he will still run with this story.  Maybe change a little saying that this is all made up to cover up the theft.  You know because Bush cannot admit to a mistake and all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#23]
The sharks are trying to shred this Major.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Damn!  They're still trying to make more out of this.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#25]
"But, But sKerry said that looters cleaned it out after you guys got there!"  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#26]
even though the average sheep may not be swayed, i do beleive the military and thier families do not appreicate the keery lie and are noting the pentagon info.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#27]
So, would 400,000 TONS of explosives these guys have blown, constitute WMD's?  Just how much HE does it take?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Kerry has shifted gears to the Haliburton "Scandal" anyway.  The Bush team will waste another couple of days trying to clean up this lie while Kerry starts a new fire.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#29]
This may be the biggest development to help GW win the election.   Kerry has spent the last week of his campaign on this subject to only have it debunked.  Kerry is really F'd now, not that he wasn't before.  Bush can ride this new development for the next 3 days in his favor.  Pretty much anything Kerry says now (again, not that it wasn't before) will be questioned.  It's over!  My early vote is in.  I can go to sleep now.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Your average dolt (sKerry voter) hates the military to begin with.  But they hate W even more.  So, they hold their noses while sKerry claims to love guns, God and the military.

Pressies vs. Warriors - the whiny liberal pressies lose.  sKerry and his base have been beating up on the US Armed Forces for the last couple of days.  Within the last few hours, the recent references to the munitions have been stricken from sKerry speeches and the sKerry campaign web site.

Ha ha f*ckerz.  John sKerry ( aka scary) stepped in it again.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes sense.  I know some of the contractors have had problem getting enough explosive to get rid of UXO.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes sense.  I know some of the contractors have had problem getting enough explosive to get rid of UXO.  

What I keep hearing from the Army EOD folks is that C-4 is often very hard to get lately.  The sheer volume of disposal ops in Afghanistan and Iraq have been mind boggling, and have taked their toll on Class V resupply - it makes plenty of sense for an enterprising team to take advantage of energetics found in theater.  Also, the insignifigance - relative to how much we have already disposed of - of this supposedly "missing" material is obvious to anyone who wants to look at numbers.

Why are the same people who are saying that nobody would have hidden WMDs now saying that someone HAD to have hidden all of these conventional explosives?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#33]
During desert Storm we ran out of conventional explosives to get rid of ordnance and vehicles.
We had to cut up MICLICs and what not.
Kerry is teh suck.
Fuck him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#34]
MAybe the 3rd ID has a little bit left over to blow up  the Kerry campaign?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
MAybe the 3rd ID has a little bit left over to blow up  the Kerry campaign?

Why waste the material?  It looks like Kerry is self-destructing nicely.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#36]
[John Kerry] "...And now for my October suprise, I will blow my nuts off..."
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#37]
nevermind
Top Top