User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 3:05:47 PM EDT
Ever had it?

I'm enjoying one now. Yummy!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 Yummy

Also like the Golden Pilsner (summer brew), and original of course.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It is good.  I had some of their Heffeweizen (sp) a couple months ago.  Very wheaty and delicious.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
+1  It's one of my favorite parts of the cold season.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
How does it differ from regular Sam Adams?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How does it differ from regular Sam Adams?

Description of Winter Lager from www.samueladams.com:
"The first thing one notices in a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is its color: the deep brown of winter. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The warm aroma of cinnamon and ginger which blends with the roasty sweetness of the malted barley and hint of citrus from the orange peel. And after that first sip the promise is fulfilled. On the palate Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with this season."

Description of Boston Lager from www.samueladams.com:
"Samuel Adams Boston Lager® is the best example of the fundamental characteristics of a great beer, offering a full, rich flavor that is both balanced and complex. It is brewed using a decoction mash, a time consuming, traditional four vessel brewing process discarded by many contemporary brewers. This process brings forth a rich sweetness from the malt that makes it well worth the effort. Samuel Adams Boston Lager® also uses only the finest of ingredients including two row barley, as well as German Noble aroma hops. The exclusive use of two row barley not only imparts a full, smooth body but also gives the beer a wide spectrum of malt flavor ranging from slightly sweet to caramel to slightly roasted. The Noble hops varieties, Hallertau Mittelfruh and Tettnang Tettnanger, add a wide range of floral, piney and citrus notes, which are present from the aroma, through the flavor, to the lingering smooth finish.  We take great pride in the Noble hops used in our beers.  They are hand selected by Jim Koch and our other brewers from the world's oldest hops growing area.  Among the world's most expensive, they cost twenty times as much as other hops."
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#6]
So what does all that shit mean in English??????       I do favor the regular, I'm not too sure about a citrus taste in my beer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]

If you are ever in Boston, take the Brewery Tour.  Ends with free beer.  The stuff they brew right there is amazing, and if you spin over to Doyle's after, you can taste some varieties that never make it into stores.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]
winter beer -does that mean you drink it warm?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh hell no.  Crispy cold.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
winter beer -does that mean you drink it warm?

Warm beer is for crazy yahoos who like Guinness (sp?) & other English brands.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:46:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Haven't tried the Winter Lager yet, I still have some Octoberfest left....
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Give the Winterhook a try!

www.redhook.com/ales_winterhook.html
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Warsteiner is a new personal favorite of mine...
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Warsteiner is a new personal favorite of mine...

+1
That stuff's the shiznit!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top