Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 11:37:46 AM EDT
Repealing DC gun ban and passing lawsuit immunity.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Lawsuit immunity is by far the most important issue in the firearms world right now.

Pretty much pointless having no AWB if there are also no firearms companies still left in bussiness.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
My big problem with the NRA is that they are always reactive, not proactive.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Laswuit immunity, and the immediate unseating of Feinstein, Schumer, and every other Leftist FedGov fuck that opens their pie-hole advocating endless variations of AWB-II
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Getting the PPA on the books in Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My big problem with the NRA is that they are always reactive, not proactive.

+1
10yrs+ of the AWB, and people everywhere STILL don't know what it meant or really restricted. 10 damned years of failing to inform / educate the general public. wtf is the use of an advocacy group that CAN'T get the basic info out?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#6]
NATIONAL CCW  that isn't just for cops and retired cops
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

And repeal the '34 NFA.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lawsuit immunity Making sure kerry doesn't get elected is by far the most important issue in the firearms world right now.

Pretty much pointless having no AWB if there are also no firearms companies still left in bussiness.

There, fixed it for 'ya.

While lawsuit immunity would be nice, there are ways around it through some creative accounting, lawyering, and business management.  If kerry gets in we are truly f*#ked.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Getting the PPA on the books in Wisconsin.

+1

I hate being disarmed when I go home for the holidays!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

And repeal the '34 NFA.

A big +2
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#11]
How about trading illegal alien ammensty for MG ammensty and allowing machine guns over 50 years old to be imported into the states and registered?

Politics is always about tradeoffs and it would be fun seeing Boxer & Kerry holding their nose and voting for this.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
How about finally doing something about this "Incorperation doctrine" bullshit the anti-s have been getting all their gun control bullshit passed under?

Is the Second an inalienalbe Right of Man protected by the Bill of Rights, from EVERYONE at any level of government? Or is it something that only applies at a Federal level and can be stripped at the whim of every shitheel County Commisioner and State legislature?

Settle the fucking question once and for all and it'd clear out all this other BS most ricky tik.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#13]
MY priorities and ones I believe the NRA should adopt:

1.  DEFEAT KERRY!
2.  Prevent ANY additional anti-gun legislation - such as another AWB.
3.  National CCW.
4.  Repeal of the 86 Machine Gun ban.
5.  Repeal of the 89 ban and "non sporting" restrictions.
6.  Repeal 68 GCA.
7.  Repeal NFA.

Along with these very necessary changes is removal of the evil left wing of the Congress such as Kennedy, Kerry, Schumer, Boxer, Fienswine, Deswine, Voinobitch et all.

When we start removing these worthless fucks we can begin to see all sorts of improvements.  A movement to impeach 5 Supremes is part of this - those allowing "international law" to illegally influence their decisions on Constitutional matters.

NO COMPROMISE!!!  Bring ALL WORK of the SENATE to a halt until progress is made.  Filibuster for a year if need be!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Bush has said he would sign lawsiut preemption and the DC gun ban repeal.

So the NRA endorsed him.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#15]

1. DEFEAT KERRY!
2. Prevent ANY additional anti-gun legislation - such as another AWB.

Consider THAT done next Tuesday.

Now about the rest of your list.......

CRC
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

So the NRA endorsed him.

CRC

Good. Unfortunately, he also re-stated during the debates that he would sign a new AWBII should it hit his desk. We need to stop that before he gets to it. I'm voting for him because he is a man who at least tries to do exactly what he says. Not necessarily because of his positions.

Maybe in this next term he'll figure out where the Clintonites hid the VETO stamp.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]
The chances of a new AWB passing are NON EXISTANT.

He is just playing along.

If he was serious we would all be voting for SOMEONE ELSE. The AWB would have been renewed.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Laswuit immunity, and the immediate unseating of Feinstein, Schumer, and every other Leftist FedGov fuck that opens their pie-hole advocating endless variations of AWB-II

You dont deserve to own a assault rifle. The media says there dangerous and used only for killing humans. In fact, no one deserves one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#19]
They really need to concentrate on getting the "sport" hunters from jumping ship cause they are worried about the hardline attitude the NRA is finally taking concerning our black rifles.
I've heard a few guys at the local range grumbling about it and they are dead set on it. No matter what me and a friend had to say, they were steadfast in their conviction. Their right to do so, but it weakens us all.
The Dems will use this division also. The NRA needs to get some sort of bridge between the black rifle crowd and the sport rifle and shotgunners.
Unless they do, we are going to be screwed.

Some of the other suggestions above have great merit. We need to stop the division between us first.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
They really need to concentrate on getting the "sport" hunters from jumping ship cause they are worried about the hardline attitude the NRA is finally taking concerning our black rifles.
I've heard a few guys at the local range grumbling about it and they are dead set on it. No matter what me and a friend had to say, they were steadfast in their conviction. Their right to do so, but it weakens us all.
The Dems will use this division also. The NRA needs to get some sort of bridge between the black rifle crowd and the sport rifle and shotgunners.

Some of the other suggestions above have great merit. We need to stop the division between us first.

+1

As a hunter and SA supporter, I agree totally.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Maybe in this next term he'll figure out where the Clintonites hid the VETO stamp.

OT a bit.  Did Bush veto anything the last 4 years?  I'm trying to remember but nothing comes to mind.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If he was serious we would all be voting for SOMEONE ELSE. The AWB would have been renewed.

CRC

That is what we were told about McCain-Feingold as well.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OT a bit.  Did Bush veto anything the last 4 years?  I'm trying to remember but nothing comes to mind.

Not... one.... thing. Almost has to be some kind of record. Could also explain our current Federal Budget.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CRC

One passed and one didn't.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

My methodology is to fake a cooperative approach toward anti hunting groups.  That always gets their panties in a wad.  

"I just wish the NRA would be less involved with the killing of defenseless animals.  Nobody 'needs' to hunt, when the grocery store has everything you need."  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CRC

One passed and one didn't.

CRC

So... if it passes Congress then it is good enough for Bush? What happened to Veto power? That is his JOB.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
MY priorities and ones I believe the NRA should adopt:

1.  DEFEAT KERRY!
2.  Prevent ANY additional anti-gun legislation - such as another AWB.
3.  National CCW.
4.  Repeal of the 86 Machine Gun ban.
5.  Repeal of the 89 ban and "non sporting" restrictions.
6.  Repeal 68 GCA.
7.  Repeal NFA.

Along with these very necessary changes is removal of the evil left wing of the Congress such as Kennedy, Kerry, Schumer, Boxer, Fienswine, Deswine, Voinobitch et all.

When we start removing these worthless fucks we can begin to see all sorts of improvements.  A movement to impeach 5 Supremes is part of this - those allowing "international law" to illegally influence their decisions on Constitutional matters.

NO COMPROMISE!!!  Bring ALL WORK of the SENATE to a halt until progress is made.  Filibuster for a year if need be!!

i vote on the side of campy

no compromise
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

And repeal the '34 NFA.

I wish.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#29]
NRA would really make me happy if we could get national CCW.

34+ states should show that it isn't dangerous.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So the NRA endorsed him.

CRC

Bush would sign a bill outlawing his bowel movements if it was placed on his desk.

We can use that to our advantage if need be.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My methodology is to fake a cooperative approach toward anti hunting groups.  That always gets their panties in a wad.  

"I just wish the NRA would be less involved with the killing of defenseless animals.  Nobody 'needs' to hunt, when the grocery store has everything you need."  

+1 on all of the above.

The NRA needs to seriously and without hesitation begin a campaign to educate the average citizen about the TRUE meaning of the Second Amendment.

It needs to be stated unequivocally that while hunting is all fine and good, the Second Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting, Mossy Oak turkey calls, blaze orange, or Elmer Fudd.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#32]
napalm, you are exactly right!!  The second is all about killing tyrants.  Fear on the part of the government is what it is designed to create.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top