Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 2:33:53 AM EDT
I went down to the local Appliance Store as my 1984 Vintage GE stove took a dump on me. I bought a new black Maytag smooth top range for $699. The salesman told me that he "would let me have it for
$699" It was marked regular price as $729. OK I thought, and then he cut me a hell of a deal on a stainless steel range hood. This one he told me was the Demo Model, "Only one we have, so I will sell it to you for $200 instead of $359". Great I thought, so I cut them a check and went home and waited for the delivery.
The men show up later in the day, and when they bring in my new stove I notice it has a 110 plug on the back of it. I ask him if there is separate power for the clock and so forth and he tells me "no, this is for when it was on the floor and the clock would work"
Needless to say I was upset, but figured I am still ahead. So I put my new hood up and turn on the Halogen light and BAM, there are some scratches in the porcelain ridge on the front of the stove. You can't see them as it is a black stove, but the light shines right on them. Now I am pissed!!! The salesman never told me I was dealing on the floor model. I would expect to pay allot less for a floor model.
What should I do? My wife wants me to call them and tell them to bring me a new stove.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:36:44 AM EDT
[#1]
If they didnt tell you I would be pissed.

If they told me and I got it cheaper then I wouldnt care since its only going to used to cooking.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
If he was passing off a floor model and making you think you were getting a NIB then I'd raise hell.

Look over your bill of sale closely and see if they pulled a fast one on you.

ETA:  30$ off for a floor model is horseshit.  If it was a hundred or more so I'd say fine, take the scratches and pocket the change.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Raise Cain...

this was a more subtle bait and switch...
He is just hoping you don't want to go through the trouble of returning it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top