Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 9:54:11 AM EDT
What do most of you think the timeline(if any)would be regarding further gun grabing legislation?  I know this has probably been beaten, and then re-beaten to death already?!?  But if I'm not mistaken, IF he(kerry) is elected, he'll be re-appointing new Supreme Court Justices?  Is that right?  And if so, I'm sure that they would totally re-interperate the whole meaning of the 2nd amendment?  I dunno, just tossing it up into the air.  Atleast last night I got my sister to switch from Kerry to Bush  Every bit helps....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Start stockpiling now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, thats what I'm figureing.  I have enought funds earmarked for a Barrett M82A1 and probably ~10 AR15 lowers.  Who knows, you might be stocking up on "centerfire rifle" ammo, since they'll probably try to pass a ban on it again.  I guess we gotta play it by ear
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What do most of you think the timeline(if any)would be regarding further gun grabing legislation?  I know this has probably been beaten, and then re-beaten to death already?!?  But if I'm not mistaken, IF he(kerry) is elected, he'll be re-appointing new Supreme Court Justices?  Is that right?  And if so, I'm sure that they would totally re-interperate the whole meaning of the 2nd amendment?  I dunno, just tossing it up into the air.  Atleast last night I got my sister to switch from Kerry to Bush  Every bit helps....

This is why: THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN!

Libertarian for Bush.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I would predict a series of small steps starting in the first year.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I would bet a testicle that a sweeping semi-auto ban will be a high priority with the leftists.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Start stockpiling now.

+1
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Start stockpiling now.

Yep... get lots of components: powder, primers, brass and bullets. Those will be the easiest things for the feds to "control" with the least political opposition, so make plans accordingly.    
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone who waits will get kicked in the ass.  By the time bans are imminent, panic buying causes shortages and rising prices.  Everyone should be using this temporary reprise of freedom to buy semi-autos and mags to the limit of their purchasing power.  I know I am.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Gun laws proposed by Hanoi-John would be the LEAST of our worries.

Get off the single-issue obsession and look at the big picture:

* Palis, suicide-bombers, masked beheaders, Al Qaeda, Kim Jong-il, anarchists, Ted Kennedy and the French cheering and smiling if Hanoi-John wins.

* A clear and complete DEFEAT in Iraq and a surrender to the terrorists and their UN-sponsors if Hanoi-John wins.

* Three to four Supreme Court appointments - all just like Ruth Bader Ginsberg - steering the entire judiciary into a leftist abyss for the next full generation if Hanoi-John wins.

Relative to what's important to America and you - gun laws are nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#10]
We know all that and agree kerry is a POS.  We were discussing guns though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I honestly cannot afford to stockpile. I feel my weapon situation is just fine. If he is elected, I will just buy lots of mags and ammo, and maybe 2 stripped lowers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Kerry will try and lead us into isolationism by ceding power to the UN.  Nothing much will happen as the UN can't agree on what time it is.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#13]
He would work with the UN to ban private ownership of guns
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Start stockpiling now

A couple of stripped lowers

Mags, lots and lots of mags,

Ammo, ammo, ammo

In that order...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#15]
He has a plan.

ARH

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#16]
We will have at least two years of repub. controlled congress.  Also, if Kerry takes the executive branch that far left, the congress will probably tilt even further to the right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

(I don't know how my fellow geezers here take it)

Do you have any idea ho Supreme Court Justive appointments actually work? A President doesn't / cannot simply make appointments replacing EXISTING Supreme Court judges.
The jobs are theirs until they die or resign. The Expectation is that in the coming 4 years, possibly two of them will do just that. The political concern is that WHOMEVER is President at the time will get to appoint their brand of judge to fill the vacancy.

Secondly,

Article II, section 2, clause 2 of the Constitution, the role of the Senate is to provide its advice and consent to a nomination. Key Senators, particularly those on the Senate Judiciary Committee, typically are consulted in advance by the White House about the merits of potential nominees. After a nomination is made, it is assigned to the Judiciary Committee. The Committee holds a public hearing and a subsequent vote is taken to report the nomination to the full Senate. A majority vote of the Senate is required to confirm a nominee.

- get that?  
And Republicans currently control the Senate by 51-49, and that margin is expected to WIDEN this election.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
And Republicans currently control the Senate by 51-49, and that margin is expected to WIDEN this election.

Several of those republican senators are as liberal as the dems and vote with them on gun issues. If you consider the senate conservative vs liberal... its definitley a liberal majority.  Any liberal Kerry appointees would sail thru with no problem.  Republican senators are mostly gutless, with a few exceptions (guys like Craig).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
We know all that and agree kerry is a POS.  We were discussing guns though.

Oh.

Then get both.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Start stockpiling now.

+1

+10

If, Lord help us, he is elected.... I'm going to take the OT I get from the holidays and get an AK clone (or two) and a couple more SKSs, and a few thousand rounds of ammo.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#21]
The pro RKBA Republicans in the House would prevent any new legislation, so he would have to go about atacking the RKBA through other means.

He could use the courts.  This is of course happening with the trial lawyers right now, but a new administration could coerce firearms makers into S&W type agreements.

He could use new regulations to reinterpret existing law.  This was done very effectively by Clinton and Bush I.

He could also sign anti-gun treaties, which could be confirmed by the Senate.  As shown by the lawful commerce in arms act, anti-gunners are a majority in the senate.  But there probably not enough to stop a fillibuster by 2nd amendment extremists like Larry Craig.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#22]
He can do a lot just with executive orders and packing the courts with anti-Constitution federal judges.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
He can do a lot just with executive orders and packing the courts with anti-Constitution federal judges.

GunLvr

Are you serious?  Get a couple of gun-grabbers on the supreme court and you can forget about the 2nd amendment.  Nothing a conservative house can do about that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#24]
if he wins i am gonna go jump off of the rouge river bridge
well, maybee not, the water is cold, maybee when summer arrives
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

GunLvr

If Scary John Kerry gets the job next month, I wonder if he will shut down the CMP as one of his first anti-gun acts. (Help perish the thought that he gets elected...go vote for Bush.)
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#26]
If Kerry is elected then I will have no president just like when billy bob was in office.

The only good thing to come out of it is that the right will grow much stronger and the dems will show the world just how ridiculous they really are.  Hitlary will be kept out of the Whitehouse more than likely.
Kerry will be in the doorway, on the horizon with the sun shining on him as far as a political target goes.  Every move he makes will be wide open for criticism and counter action.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

* Palis, suicide-bombers, masked beheaders, Al Qaeda, Kim Jong-il, anarchists, Ted Kennedy and the French cheering and smiling if Hanoi-John wins.

* A clear and complete DEFEAT in Iraq and a surrender to the terrorists and their UN-sponsors if Hanoi-John wins.

* Three to four Supreme Court appointments - all just like Ruth Bader Ginsberg - steering the entire judiciary into a leftist abyss for the next full generation if Hanoi-John wins.

Relative to what's important to America and you - gun laws are nothing to worry about.

"SINGLE ISSUE"? It's the base issue. No guns no freedom.
As far as the rest of it goes....not gonna happen to me. I hate big cities and I am only unarmed at work.
I'm doing all I can do now as far a voting, attempting to educate people on the issues, givin' money to the RIGHT causes.
Skerry will set the country back a few dacades but screw it, I'm doing what I can. I'm not gonna drive myself crazy, but I'm gonna be ready for whatever happens.
The right to bear arms is the foundation the rest is based on, it should have been the first ammendment.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Don't worry
he is a avid gun user and even hunts himself. I have seen pictures.

There will be no gun grabs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

If, Lord help us, he is elected.... I'm going to take the OT I get from the holidays and get an AK clone (or two) and a couple more SKSs, and a few thousand rounds of ammo.  

You can forget the ammo too, they will pass legislation regarding what constitutes an arsenal. Here's what to expect if Kerry is elected.

Since most hunting ammo comes in 20 round boxes, shotgun shells 25 per box, rimfire 50-100 per box. You will likely see a 100 round possession limit per caliber with an aggregate total of 500 rounds per gun owner. In addition, you'll see a monthly purchase limit as well to prevent illegal stockpiling and illegal sales of ammo to private parties. In addition, expect a substancial ammo tax to pay for emergency room costs for gunshot injuries. You will be required to provide photo ID, submit to a background check and provide a thumbprint for each ammo purchase. You will have to provide the model & serial number of the weapon you are buying the ammo for at the time of purchase. This will serve as a reverse ballistic database for solving crime and a defacto gun registration. Reloading components will be subject to the same purchase ID requirements and the aggregate possession total of loaded rounds will still apply.

As a gunowner, you will be required to carry additional insurance, provide a minimum standard of security and you will be held liable for theft of any firearms and their subsiquent illegal use.

All firearms will be required to be titled much like a car for private sale. As long as they remain in your possession, you can choose to voluntarity title them. If you are going to sell them, then they will have to be papered and the transfer of title recorded. A minimum title transfer fee of $100 will be assessed. In most cases, the cost of transfering the average firearm will exceed it's value and the owner can elect to have the firearm destroyed at no cost.

All new firearms that are still legally being manufactured will double in cost due to the regulations, taxes and fees imposed. The following actions will be permitted; Single shot centerfire, break action double barrel centerfire, 3 shot fixed magazine bolt action centerfire, muzzleloaders smaller than 50 cal, break action shotguns, bolt action shotguns.

Rifles, handguns, shotguns will have a specific limit on the foot pounds of energy they can yield based on their sporting purpose and the ballistics deemed neccessary to take specifi game animals. Anything capable of yielding in excess of the permitted ft/lb of energy will be subject to the NFA. A Sporting Standard  will have to be met. If the firearm doesn't meet strict standards as a weapon desirable for hunting, it cannot be manufactured. Gov't and law enforcement excluded.

Handguns will be subject to the NFA. Amnesty registration from all handguns will be permitted for the first year. Magazine capacity will be limited to 7 rounds, all high capacity magazines will become contraband.

All existing semi-auto weapons and weapons that do not meet the criteria as sporting arms will be grandfathered to the original owner. The owner may not sell or otherwise transfer them to anyone other than the government, a museum or law enforcement. When the owner dies, his non sporting weapons will have to be surrendered to be destroyed or rendered unusable for heirloom purposes only.

Expect all firearms to be legislated out of existance. They will not be made illegal, just simply near impossible for future generations to own. The SCOTUS will rule that the legislation is constitutional since it doens't prevent you from owning a firearm, as long as you meet all the requirements and can afford it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I agree that we should not become apathetic at all - in no measure whatsoever.....now is the time to buy if there ever was. I also believe that if Kerry is elected, he will try to pull this sh$t and it WILL cost him his career and prevent him from ever holding public office again. After his stupidity gets enough good Americans killed, American will see a Republican revolution in 2006 that is henceforth unheard of - that dwarfs the so-called Republican revolution of 1998. I honestly believe Kerry doesnt have a chance in hell of getting elected. I stockpiled on mags before the AW ban sunsetted - so I am letting everyone gets their mags now lol - now that they are at normal prices. I may purchase a couple stripped lowers for AR's or another FAL reciever - it doesnt hurt to do this. More ammo. is never a bad thing - and spare parts are ALWAYS a wise investment. I bought an extra FAL parts kit over the summer - just for parts. If you have any semiautomatic handguns such as Sig, Glock, Beretta, HK, Ruger, Browning,etc with mags that take over 10 rnds - now is the definitive time to stockpile factory mags. I bought a ton of mags before the ban lol.....so now my only plan is too buy some Ruger 10/22 hicaps (maybe) and definitely some Sig factory mags for the P229 in .40/.357sig.......all other mags I'm good on - more is always better but I have a ton of mags I have never even run through a gun yet.  Let now be the time to buy the parts and mags and/or guns that you really really wanted before the AW ban sunsetted but couldnt get. If you want a Beta mag or other drum mag - get it now while prices are normal for a change.

I doubt Kerry will get elected - but we do not live in a day or age that is condusive to slacking off - Eternal vigilance IS the price of liberty. Don't let down your guard. For once in the past ten years, the NRA and other progun groups are on the OFFENSE. We need to take the battle to the antigunners - we cannot let them bring their pathetic war back to us.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Here, I'll just throw this in here.  I'm sure most have seen it, but for those that haven't.

“The issue is guns.  There is nothing more threatening to the powerful elite than the fact that the common citizen is armed.  Firearms represent a freedom and the ability to maintain that liberty when the government becomes abusive.  Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself.  They are the American people’s liberty, teeth and keystone under independence.  The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and the citizen’s firearms are undeniably related.  From the hour the pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that, to ensure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable.  Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99.9% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands.  The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil influence.  They deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.  When firearms go, all goes.  We need them every hour.”

George Washington

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Start stockpiling now.

I 2nd that if sKerry wins I will have to buy a Class III weapon while I still can. And lots of mags. I know that with a Republican House and Senate he might not be able to get a AWB passed but I worry about any executive order like Bubba Clinton did in 1997 which put a end to the Steyr USR.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Here, I'll just throw this in here.  I'm sure most have seen it, but for those that haven't.

“The issue is guns.  There is nothing more threatening to the powerful elite than the fact that the common citizen is armed.  Firearms represent a freedom and the ability to maintain that liberty when the government becomes abusive.  Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself.  They are the American people’s liberty, teeth and keystone under independence.  The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and the citizen’s firearms are undeniably related.  From the hour the pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that, to ensure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable.  Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99.9% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands.  The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil influence.  They deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.  When firearms go, all goes.  We need them every hour.”

George Washington

Sorry, but this quote doesn't fit George Washington.  What would he have known about "prairie wagons"?  And the language doesn't sound right.  I doubt that GW would have said  "99.9%".  It's just looks/reads wierd.  It's a nice quote, and I would be interested in knowing who said it.  But it wasn't George Washington.  IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#34]
support Bush-Cheney and you won't have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's a good website with some other quotes:

http://www.sightm1911.com/Care/Gun_Quotes.htm
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Start stockpiling now

A couple of stripped lowers

Mags, lots and lots of mags,

Ammo, ammo, ammo

In that order...

Yup. Also, start calling all the other states in the south and see if we wanna break off again........
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

Are you serious?  Get a couple of gun-grabbers on the supreme court and you can forget about the 2nd amendment.  Nothing a conservative house can do about that.

Yes they can. SCOTUS decisions can be overridden by Congress and Senate by 3/4ths vote.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If you don't have any guns to defend America and your self/family, then that Tyrant, Kerry, will ruin the country and the future generations.  Hello, anybody home??
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Thats why I have most of my guns in groups of 3 each - and not all in the same State.......don't underestimate the potential for sh#t to go bad in the future - but remain extremely vigilant now - while we are ahead. Don't put your eggs all in one basket and say "it will never happen here" because the sunset of the AW ban is, in my opinion, a temporary repreve. If American gun owners do not stay on their game, and KEEP their game face on, we will go back to the bullsh#t of the 1990's - going through this all over again - because someone decided to sit on their ass and drink beer when they should have been actively involved in defending their rights. Nothing wrong with drinking beer - but certain things should take priority over leasure. As Americans, we have so much. But we can lose it all - if we do not addemently defend our Constitutional rights. If Bush is reelected, which I expect to happen if all real Americans vote, then it is also no time to get complacent. Stay vigilant in the political realm but also stay prepared for life's little uncertainties - never put yourself in a situation where you may find yourself shorthanded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top