Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 9:05:33 AM EDT
They are 2 and 3/4 inches long. They have a parachute in the middle. They have a stud and "pincher" type thingie on each end. Also on the back is, "ser. 678". Above that is another number and letter "a possible "2" and a "010K" possibley followed by another letter or number, just too hard to tell.

I used to go camping/fishing a lot back in the 60s and 70s, to Leavitt Meadows Lodge on Sonora Pass HWY 108. This is near the MWTC Bridgeport Ca. This is where I found them. The Marines used to do rapelling across the road from the lodge.  I probably found them somewhere  between 1965 and 1972. I just "refound"  in a box of stuff.

My question is, do you think it would be necessary or even possible to find the original owner, or because it happened so long ago it would be pointless?    
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the Marine Parachutist Badge.
You probably won't find the owner. The numbers are more than likely production codes.

Would be cool if you could return them to thier owner.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I thought you found a couple of Hondas
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You probably won't find the owner. The numbers are more than likely production codes.

Correct term is Naval Parachutist badge.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#4]

USMC Jump Wings.
Probably fell off some Devil Dog's cammies.

They are too common to find the original owner.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep. Those are them. Exactly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#6]
They can be had in the PX for less than 10.00 per pair. I doubt the original owner would even remember losing them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct term is Naval Parachutist badge.

I stand corrected.

I was 82nd Abn, so Marine awards were that to me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats better the finding a pair of Red Wings.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Are those dusty jump wings? How do you expect to slay the Huns with dust on your jump wings!!!

ETA: if you haven't seen Band Of Brothers, you won't get it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top