Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 6:04:22 AM EDT
I never saw this movie when it was in the theater, but I bought the unrated version yesterday. Overall I liked the movie, but I didn't really see anything in it that was too horrible for the silver screen. Who can tell me which scenes were added to the movie?

BTW...I don't know if I like the running Zombie idea. It's seems kinda blasphemous to have zombies running and jumping around like acrobats.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not really sure what scenes they added - I do remember one of the deleted scenes being included in the preview I saw.  

The scene where they open up the shipping dock door to access the back of the truck was taken out (according to the director) because it smacked of a "Lethal Weapon/buddy cop" moment.  Also, when they both shoot the legless zombie at the same time - that really rips off Tarantino.

None of the deleted scenes were really very scary.

Still trying to figure out -
From the newscast extra section:

Romeo
Lima
Foxtrot

What does that stand for? That's what the "Survivalist" dude calls one of the zombies before he starts his demo.

I thought the part where he's counting backwards from 5 waiting for some guy to throw him a shotgun was so fucking hilarious I kept rewinding it over and over.

Then there's: "Once again - I'm not enjoying any of this" - lmfao!

Also - "Dude, look at those hooters! She wants you!'
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The theater version was just a little more streamlined. The added seens were:

1. how they got into the mall, in the theater version it shows them walk up and then thrwoing the toilet thru the window

2. The dialogue about who is in charge and the best buy tv guy was not in the theater.

3. They extended Ving rhames monologue about death and folded flag etc in the theater version it didn't debate who was going to say something

A few other scenes were just extended.

All in all the unrated version and bonus features were a let down. I thought the movie was awesome, one of the best zombie movies ever, so was really hoping for some good extras, but was a little let down.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Any more footage of the gun shop owner (Andy?)?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The bonus video of Andy's gun shop was kind of stupid too.  I'd still say buy the video.  I never laughed so hard in such a long time.   The scene in the baby store left me on the floor.   Just because the extras sucked, doesn't ruin the whole.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I liked the movie overall, I think Ving Rhames is a cool action hero.  He was the shit in "Pulp Fiction".  BUT, it violates the one fucking rule to live by in a shitty condition like "zombie attacks", crazed gunman or riots or combat or whatever.  

The longunman's number one rule to live by, STAY ON TASK.  Who gives a shit about dogs or zombie bit fat ladies, kill all shitheads who get bit or are to stupid to follow instructions or be useful.  Of course you can save some of the hoochies for slow afternoons after the TV dies.  But, losing track of the objective and engaging drunken losers in a debate on who is really in charge wont happen in my fucking mall.

I would have used the truck, planned a daylight raid on the gunstore to resupply and rescue Andy long before the mobs got huge.  Then head for North Dakota, their one zombie probably walked  itself to death looking for a place to bite people.  In three months every zombie heading your way will be frozen fucking solid.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#6]
CJ - is that you?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#7]
+1
I dont like them running either! Hell some of them could catch me! If I was reloading on the run
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top