Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 8:49:33 PM EDT
Anybody else play this game?? I just bought the expansion pack and played one single player level. That was over two weeks ago. Now all I do is go online. I'm ADDICTED...........
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea.. I like the game... but I play on "Private" Servers because... *Errr*... well, nevermind. I also play America's Army V2.2 ... SO much more realistic that CoD
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I love the expansion pack.  I realy like the BAS (Base Assault) mode.  IMHO, the game has a great mixture of fun and "realism".  Yes, it's a game, and not "real" at all, but lining up the irons of a Garand on a Nazi helmet seems much more real to me than pointing some laser blaster at a space alien.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
start playing joint ops
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I was HEAVILY addicted for awhile.  Great game.

I tried playing it the other night and I suck now.  It's frustrating getting killed so easily when I used to OWN the map with the Kar98.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah United Offensive is awesome.  It excells to me because CoD was a infantry game first (and a great one at that).  Then they added vehicles to the solid infantry game with the expansion and just put it way over the top.  BF1942 and such have always been pretty lackluster to me, not only do most of the vehicles not drive/work too well, but the infantry side of things is usually pretty weak...  

I absolutely love cresting the top of a hill in a tank to find enemy infantry in a valley scrambling like roaches caught in the light, scrambling to no avail of course...  And it's fun as hell to be a infantry man stuck in a blown out building with a tank rumbling past you, waiting for the moment to lean out and slap a antitank round upside the things ass...

I mainly only play on realism servers, a handful of "tacitcal realism" servers specifically.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anybody else play this game?? I just bought the expansion pack and played one single player level. That was over two weeks ago. Now all I do is go online. I'm ADDICTED...........

I play it all the time. I am one of the better COD players out there, as I usually am in the top ranks of whatever server I play on.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:21:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yea.. I like the game... but I play on "Private" Servers because... *Errr*... well, nevermind. I also play America's Army V2.2 ... SO much more realistic that CoD

I played AA for quite a while too. It is more realistic, but not as much fun. I don't want to have to "train" to get the darned sniper rifle. I would have to go in and storm the enemy position and kill their sniper to get the thing, and by then I could only kill one or two people with it.

I don't know if I was good or if everyone I played with sucked, but I usually dominated the game when I played it.

I suspect it was because everyone else sucked, as they would stand in the open blasting randomly while I would zap them with carefully aimed shots. They also had no CQB skills....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, I'm on COD:UO for a couple hours every evening.  I started on MOH:AA, and got the first expansion to that, but was disappointed.  They didn't add a few things the way I would have liked.

Then found Call of Duty and played the demo.  I was thinking 'HELL YES, I'm getting this game for sure!!'.   Got it when it came out.  Played the SHYEEEEIT out of it.   Then the Expansion.  I didn't even know it was out (too busy PWNing in multiplayer).  Found out the expansion was out, got it, and was again like HELL YES!  

I get on multiplayer like I said, a couple hours every evening, if I'm not busy with other chores... but then, I live alone, so screw the chores!  Like AR-15Fan said, it started as a good infantry game, and added to it.  It is now what BF1942 TRIED to be.  I love the new weapons they added, especially the G43 and SVT40.  I love playing with the rifles.  It's just satisfying to pick someone off from a distance.  I like the deployable machineguns, but they are a bit of a PITA.  You can't rest them on a lot of objects, such as boxes and such... and you're practically retarded for a second or two when you pick the bastard up and try to run.  I think you should also be able to reload them while not deployed.  

Mostly I'm in TDM, CTF or DOM servers... I used to get in the Dirty South server a lot.  It was always packed before UO.. now it's almost abandoned most of the time.  I'll hit the 517th server, but it gets really laggy/stuttery.  

If you see an ass-kicking player named Fray Adjacent, that's me.   I'll be the one PWNing you.  (I'm a decent player... not always top score, but usually pretty close... )
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:47:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Great game.....just bought it a few weeks ago...I need to gey the expansion set.

I guess I am going to try multi.  It maybe time to put counterstrike aside for awhile
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:52:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Great game.....just bought it a few weeks ago...I need to gey the expansion set.

I guess I am going to try multi.  It maybe time to put counterstrike aside for awhile

From what I hear, definitely a lot less cheaters than in CS.

I DID actually catch one guy on a server using a wallhack.  He would nail me in the head as soon as I popped over a wall.  I observed this a few times, then went to spectate and watched him.  Now, when I spectate him, I can't see through the walls like he could, but I could see him get behind a wall, pull up his sights, lean out and BAM! nail someone with a headshot, when there was no way he could have seen or known that guy was there.  I got a few of the servers' clan guys to spec him, and he got the bizzan.   That's about the only time I've ever observed a cheat.  I've heard there are some aimbots...   Now most of the servers use Punkbuster.

Anyway, get the expansion... you'll dig it.  The new weapons and game types are very fun.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]
really good game, love the online multiplayer because of how intense and in your face it gets.

I'm big into Battle Field vietnam and can't wait till Battlefield 2 comes out.  check it out here.

www.eagames.com/redesign/games/pccd/bf2/home.jsp

video clips here

www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefield2/index.html?q=battlefield+2

I so can't wait for it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#12]
It rules
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top