Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 2:28:19 PM EDT
Anyone want to take a shot? Rate the top ten in order and why...........If you dare (HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! (Vincent Price laugh)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Fahrenheit 9/11 - obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
1. Night of the Living Dead (Original)
2. Resident Evil
3. Army of Darkness
4. Dawn of the Dead (Original)

I have not seen 28 Days Later or the new Dawn of the Dead yet.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
They are all tied for #1.
Sorry, it's the best I can do.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#4]
1 Night of the Living Dead
2 Dawn of the Dead 04
3 Dawn of the Dead original
4 Day of the Dead
5 Return of the living Dead

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
2 Dawn of the Dead 04
4 Day of the Dead

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I would rate "28 Days Later..." as the best of that lot. No slow moving, arms out, trodding and ploddingzombies here. They run and and are absolutely scary. The "zombies" are made by a new virus that is passed when you come in contact with the blood of an infected person. The best part is that the virus only takes 10-15 seconds to take effect. I thought this was brilliant. As long as there are people you can have new zombies. Great movie, I loved it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Is Resident Evil II any good?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ridiculous plot, but yes. It's pretty good. Milla gets naked and kicks ass. What more is there to life?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ridiculous plot, but yes. It's pretty good. Milla gets naked and kicks ass. What more is there to life?

For most of us thats reason enough.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I was very, very impressed by "Undead", a fairly recent zombie movie out of Australia.

For the gun nuts here (who, us??), the Aussie redneck has a magical power which I won't spoil, but wish I had.

Highly recommended.  Lots of fun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I was very, very impressed by "Undead", a fairly recent zombie movie out of Australia.

For the gun nuts here (who, us??), the Aussie redneck has a magical power which I won't spoil, but wish I had.

Highly recommended.  Lots of fun.

[Edit:  I got a "connection closed" error the first time I sub'd this, honest!]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would rate "28 Days Later..." as the best of that lot. No slow moving, arms out, trodding and ploddingzombies here. They run and and are absolutely scary. The "zombies" are made by a new virus that is passed when you come in contact with the blood of an infected person. The best part is that the virus only takes 10-15 seconds to take effect. I thought this was brilliant. As long as there are people you can have new zombies. Great movie, I loved it.

That movies sucks my balls. In fact, that movie sucks so bad I wouldnt even let it suck my balls.
The first half totally kicked mucho ass. The second half so horribly sucked wang chung it wasnt even funny. The second half ruined the movie.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#13]
#1 Night of the living Dead, original B&W

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
2 Dawn of the Dead 04
4 Day of the Dead

Good list.  I'd put Sean of the Dead up there as well.  Very well made zombie flick.

28 days later was not a zombie film.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#15]
#1 Dawn of the dead (1978)
#2 Night of the living dead (1969)
#3 Evil dead (not really zombie, but good)
#4 Dawn of the dead (2004)
#5 Return of the living dead pt1
#6 last man on earth (vincent price 1961)
others include - Return living dead 2, Zombie, Day of the dead, Night of living dead 1989
,Omega man, Children should'nt play with dead things, buriel ground.
If you love zombie flicks but are now scraping the bottom (seen all the local video store stuff) here I some you could get if you look hard enough. The last man on earth- This was the movie that inspired "the omega man" with Heston. It really was the first modern zombie movie. A guy is barracaded in his house (10 years before Romero!) and being assaulted by zombies. He hunts them down by day in a hearse. Half the movie is how the world falls apart due to a plague which turns people into zombies. Other half is how he tries to survive and find other people.
Another is "Children should'nt play with dead things (1969)", Half campy, half creepy, A bunch of hippies goto  a cemetary and dig up a body and worship Satan (ala Mansion family)
Probably the best "rising from the grave" scenes in any zombie flick.
Finally, Burial ground, or night of terror, an italian flick, One of the first flick to use live maggots on the zombie actors. Not the greatest zombie flick, but worth seeing at least twice.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#16]
If you want to read the book that inspired "The Omega Man", look for "I am Legend" by Richard Matheson. I remember reading it as a kid, and it was really good.  

I am Legend at Amazon.com
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:34:40 AM EDT
[#17]
2. Night of the Living Dead

3. Dawn of the Dead ( original )

4. Day of the Dead

5. Return of the Living Dead ( ya mean the movie lied? )

Now, though 28 Days Later is not a "zombie" flick proper, it nonetheless fits the catagory:  mindless human beings roam the earth ( or at least Great Britain ) with mostly a single impulse: destroy the "living" or in the case of 28 Days Later "the uninfected".  There is very little difference between the general plot of 28 Days and NOTLD if you look at it on the grand scale...except that 28 Days Later is MUCH more plausible.....and a hell of a lot more horrific.

So my number one "zombie" flick is definitely "28 Days Later"

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#18]
OK - for like the zillionth time - 28 Days = NOT A ZOMBIE MOVIE!

(NOBODY liked Shaun of the Dead???)

• #1 (Original B&W) Night of the Living Dead
  • #2 (Original) Dawn of the Dead
  • #3 DOTD04
  • #4 Night of the Living Dead (remake)
  • #5 Return of the Living Dead
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#19]
1) Resident Evil
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#20]
My top zombie films

1) DOTD 2004
2) Original NOTLD
3) Original DOTD
4) Omega Man
5) 28 Days Later

Maybe "28 Days Later" is not a true zombie film, but it was close enough.  Better, in terms of being more plausible.  My bigger problem with it was the 2nd half and that stupid "Lord of the Flies" sub-plot.  

Prefered the 2004 remake over any of the originals because it filtered out all of George Romero's silly political beliefs and social commentary and concentrated on the effects of the zombia plague.

Really, you can't have too many zombie movies.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
1) Resident Evil

My favorite too.

And for the record, Milla gets naked in almost every movie she does.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Omega Man doesn't count!

1. "The Family" in Omega Man were not the living dead. They were living humans suffering from a deadly biological infection.

2. The Family in Omega Man did not feed on the flesh of the living.

They weren't Zombies!

BTW...Omega Man is one of my favorite movies of all time!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#23]
If they can starve to death or die of old age, they're not Zombies.

But if they're truly the living dead, it's the end of the world.
ESPECIALLY if the incubation period is more than a few hours.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#24]
1. Night of The Living Dead

The originator of the zombie flick - how can it not be number 1?

2. 28 Days Later

It IS a zombie movie and it is also added the "fast zombie" to the genre - thereby changing zombie movies forever, even the Dawn of The Dead remake picked up on the fact that zombies could no longer shamble about slowly

3. Army Of Darkness

Bruce Campbell totally carried this movie; but it is still a classic in the campy zombie genre

4. Dawn of the Dead (remake)

Faster zombies = more thrills

5. Return of The Living Dead 2

The first zombie movie I ever saw, so it is there for pure nostalgia reasons.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If you want to read the book that inspired "The Omega Man", look for "I am Legend" by Richard Matheson. I remember reading it as a kid, and it was really good.  

I am Legend at Amazon.com

Haven't seen Omega Man; but read the Matheson short story and the creatures in that are kind of a zombie/vampire hybrid (no sunlight)
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
OK - for like the zillionth time - 28 Days = NOT A ZOMBIE MOVIE!

(NOBODY liked Shaun of the Dead???)

• #1 (Original B&W) Night of the Living Dead
  • #2 (Original) Dawn of the Dead
  • #3 DOTD04
  • #4 Night of the Living Dead (remake)
  • #5 Return of the Living Dead

28 Days Later is as much a zombie flick as Omega Man or Night Of The Comet.............

Don't really care for the ROTLD movies with their unkillable zombies.  
Return of The Living Dead 3 sucks, but does have Melinda Clarke so that's a major plus.

Shaun Of The Dead is a hoot.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Return of The Living Dead 3 sucks, but does have Melinda Clarke so that's a major plus.

The undead have never looked so good....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The undead have never looked so good....

A slight correction: zombies have never looked so good.  Plenty of hottie vampire (undead also) chicks in various movies or on TV.  Julie Benz (Darla on Buffy), Juliet Landau (Drusilla, BTVS), Mercedes McNab (Harmony, BTVS), Kate Beckinsale (Underworld), Petra Wilson (League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen), etc.  Melinda is the only hot zombie chick I can think of.

Is it necrophilia to lust after an undead chick (zombie, vampire, or other)??  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Hence those are not zombies.
Top Top