Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 6:27:31 PM EDT
I missed Queensryche's reprisal tour spot in Colorado, where they played the Mindcrime set.   This tour is the first live performance of this amazing "concept album" in like 15 years.

Anyone catch the tour?  

I saw these guys back in the late 1980s and it was an amazing show.   Operation Mindcrime is a serious mindfuck.   Short story:  The protagonist "Nikki" is a guy who is recruited by a shadow revolution movement, hooks up with a prostitute turned nun, kills the revolutions' enemies (including a priest who "rescued" the prostitute and takes his weekly repayment "...on the alter like a sacrifice.")  The protagonist is ordered to kill the nun, makes a plan with her to escape, but finds her dead (whether at his hands or not is never made clear), and then gets caught and institutionalized, suffering the hell of replaying the entire story in his head over and over every waking minute of every day.  

Its decidedly an odd story, and probably outside of the tastes of most here, but it is fiction after all and I think it kicks ass.    

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen the show, I saw them on the Promised Land tour and it kicked ass.  They played a lot of stuff off of Mindcrime, and it was excellent.  Mindcrime is probably the most overlooked album ever in my opinion.  The talent level in that band is phenominal on all levels.  I hope they come to Indy sometime soon!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't see this show, but I did see them in concert with Dream Theater. Awesome show, they even did several songs together including "Comfortably Numb". Awesome.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Haven't seen the show, I saw them on the Promised Land tour and it kicked ass.  They played a lot of stuff off of Mindcrime, and it was excellent.  Mindcrime is probably the most overlooked album ever in my opinion.  The talent level in that band is phenominal on all levels.  I hope they come to Indy sometime soon!

Ayup.   I was seriously pissed to miss the Colorado show this month.  They even brought back  Pamela Moore to do the "Sister Mary Stuff" -- that chick can SING.

I remember in highschool, it was the second or third time I went through the lyrics and listened to the tape that I realized the opening "I remember now" occurs at 6:00pm, and then after the entire album plays, he says "I remember now" -- again -- but it's only 6:01pm.   Imagine reliving that over and over every minute.   Cool shiznit.  

Our "cover" band in highschool did a show a couple nights where we covered mindcrime.  We did OK, even made the local newspaper -- imagine a high school rock band whose members attended a Catholic school doing Operation Mindcrime -- but we just didn't have the talent or horsepower to do justice to the thing.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]

I saw them opening for Metallica.

I have the Queensryche 4-track 12" EP, The Warning, and Operation Mindcrime.  Good stuff, but haven't listened in a while.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The came to Little Rock loast time, and I didn't go, and regretted it.

Queensryche Website
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Having lived in the Seattle area most of my life, you could say I have had more than a close brush with the 'Ryche... You see they are from the east side or Bellevue for you...sorta near the world HQ of Microsoft. Anyway, they played many a night in the local scene and have ties to local musicians.
The drummer in my onetime band was at one time living in a rented house with the Ryche before the big deal happened....Scott Rockinfield is now the drummer of course, Rog is still playing locally with Eddie Jacksons brother Dave.
See the show??? In it's infancy.

Railgun....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
seen them in 92' in Portand Or. touring with Type 0 Negative....  

awsome concernt...  have to see if they come to Oregon again...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Greatest band ever! HANDS DOWN.
#2   would be Savatage.
#3   Iron Maiden.
#4   Floyd

I would be pissed if I missed a chance to see em live. ( I have never seen em live )

Operation Mind Crime puts The Wall to shame.

I have allways wanted to see it made into a movie.
A great rock album in story form is always Kick Ass.

ETA: Shit I forgot  DEO ( dont ask me how ) Holy Diver has to be in everyones top 10
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#10]

"25 Bucks a fuck and John's a happy man
Wipes away the filth and is back on the streets again [Geoff Tate belting it out]
Spreading the Disease"

"Power, Sex are powerplays
minipulateing the people for the money they save
selling skin, selling God
the numbers look the same on the credit card"

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Queensryche ROCKS!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#12]
My wifes favorite band, she says  Tates voice is the best in rock n roll.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, I saw the show just last weekend here in Dallas.  To say that the show rocked would be the understatement of the century.

But here is the kicker for those of you who missed the show....   Mindcrme Part II will be out in 2005!  They announced it on the video screen after the band left the stage and played a new song from it with accompanying video.   It was an awesome song so I expect part II  to rock!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"25 Bucks a fuck and John's a happy man"

My mother brought some laundry to my room when I was 16 and listening to that song.  Oops.  She didn't approve, needless to say.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Queensryche, oh yeah.

Let's hope this trend continues...I want to hear Bananarama revive their classic 1986 album "True Confessions" and play it live in its entirety. Wouldn't that just be the shit!?

Don't even get me started on Survivor and Christopher Cross...can you imagine?

j/k....you metal guys crack me up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

But here is the kicker for those of you who missed the show....   Mindcrme Part II will be out in 2005!  They announced it on the video screen after the band left the stage and played a new song from it with accompanying video.   It was an awesome song so I expect part II  to rock!!!

Wow... holy crap!

I just hope they stay away from Bush bashing and shit like that.   SHould be hellofan album, though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Empire rocks too...

Last night the word came down
Ten dead in Chinatown
Innocent, they're only crime was
Being in the wrong place at the wrong time
Too bad, people say, what's wrong with the kids today?
Tell you right now they've got nothing to lose
They're building EMPIRE!
Johnny used to work after school
At the cinema show
Gotta hustle if he wants an education, he's got a long way to go
Now he's out on the street all day
Selling crack to the people who pay
Got an AK-47 for his best friend, business the American way
CHORUS
Eastside meets westside downtown
No time the walls fall down
Can't you feel it coming? EMPIRE!
Can't you hear it calling?
Black man trapped again, holds his chains in his hand
Brother killing brother for the profit of another
Game point, nobody wins
Decline, right on time
What happened to the dream sublime?
Tear it all down we'll put it up again
Another EMPIRE.......

Timeless music IMO, well writen songs last forever.
You can listen to Queensryche's music TODAY and it still
makes sence.
There is NOTHING that screams I WAS MADE IN THE 80's in
queensryche's Music.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow... holy crap!

I just hope they stay away from Bush bashing and shit like that.   SHould be hellofan album, though.

A BIG +1 on that...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I went backstage when they were here in Hous. for the Promised Land Tour. Got all my LiveCrime/MindCrime albums/cd covers/wrist bands/tour books signed by the guys. They will always be my favorite band.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Cool, someone just I.M.'d me this video of Suite Sister Mary...

Crapy audio, but still... one of the more intense 10 minutes of music out there I'd say.

www.pamelamoore.net/media/ssm_liveevolution.wmv

[Mary]
I feel the flow, the blessed stain
Sweating hands like fire, and flames
Burn my thighs, spread in sacrificial rite
The hallowed altar burns my flesh once more tonight

[Mary]

Don't turn your back on my disgrace
The blood of christ can't heal my wounds...so deep
The sins of man are all i taste
Can't spit the memory from my mind
I can't cry anymore

[Chorus]
Mary, my lady of pain, always alone
Blind you search for the truth
I see myself in you, parallel lives
Winding at light-speed through time, you're mine

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Queensryche, oh yeah.

Let's hope this trend continues...I want to hear Bananarama revive their classic 1986 album "True Confessions" and play it live in its entirety. Wouldn't that just be the shit!?

LOL........you morons make me laugh. You have no idea what your talking about
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
members.cox.net/eodtech2000/pics/mindcrime.jpg

"Religion and Sex are powerplays manipulate the people for the money they pay
Selling skin, selling God the numbers look the same on the credit card"

There. .   fixed it for you.  

I've seen them about 15 times over the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmmm, I'll have to check that album out. The only song I evewr heard off that one was "Eyes of a Stranger" but I always liked that one so I'll check out the rest.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#24]
HOLY SHIT!

I didn't know there were so many Queensryche fans here!

I love that album - and "Empire" also kicks ass.  Last weekend, I actually did "Silent Lucidity" as a karaoke song - ahh, the wonders of excessive alsohol comsumption.

I have to check out this tour schedule now - maybe I can catch 'em?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hmmm, I'll have to check that album out. The only song I evewr heard off that one was "Eyes of a Stranger" but I always liked that one so I'll check out the rest.

You will need to listen to it a few times non-stop to really appreciate it and be prepared to listen to Geoff Tate peel the paint off the walls with his booming voice.

Operation Mindcrime is an absolute masterpiece!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Cool, someone just I.M.'d me this video of Suite Sister Mary...

Crapy audio, but still... one of the more intense 10 minutes of music out there I'd say.

www.pamelamoore.net/media/ssm_liveevolution.wmv

[Mary]
I feel the flow, the blessed stain
Sweating hands like fire, and flames
Burn my thighs, spread in sacrificial rite
The hallowed altar burns my flesh once more tonight

[Mary]

Don't turn your back on my disgrace
The blood of christ can't heal my wounds...so deep
The sins of man are all i taste
Can't spit the memory from my mind
I can't cry anymore

[Chorus]
Mary, my lady of pain, always alone
Blind you search for the truth
I see myself in you, parallel lives
Winding at light-speed through time, you're mine

You get the POST OF THE DAY AWARD for that one! IMO

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#27]

10.24.2004 House of Blues Orlando FL United States ticketmaster
10.26.2004 The Moon Tallahassee FL United States moonevents
10.27.2004 The Tabernacle Atlanta GA United States ticketmaster
10.28.2004 Millennium Center Winston/Salem NC United States etix
10.29.2004 House of Blues Myrtle Beach SC United States ticketmaster

01.27.2005 House of Blues Chicago IL United States ticketmaster
01.28.2005 House of Blues Chicago IL United States ticketmaster
01.30.2005 House of Blues Cleveland OH United States Unknown

02.10.2005 Warfield San Francisco CA United States Unknown
02.11.2005 Harrahs Stateline NV United States Unknown
02.12.2005 Konocti Kelseyville CA United States Unknown
02.16.2005 House of Blues Las Vegas NV United States Unknown
02.17.2005 House of Blues Anaheim CA United States Unknown
02.19.2005 Universal Amphitheater Los Angeles CA United States Unknown
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

10.26.2004 The Moon Tallahassee FL United States moonevents

Yeah - I just saw this on their site!

that's just 2.5 hours from me!

I think I am about to declare a road trip.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Next Wed. at the Tabernacle here in ATL.
Tickets on the counter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
HOLY SHIT!

I didn't know there were so many Queensryche fans here!

I love that album - and "Empire" also kicks ass.  Last weekend, I actually did "Silent Lucidity" as a karaoke song - ahh, the wonders of excessive alsohol comsumption.

I have to check out this tour schedule now - maybe I can catch 'em?

+1, i THOUGHT i WAS THE ONLY ONE
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#31]
If you love the CD you have to get the Operation Livecrime DVD. Every now and then I have a few beers and crank that way up on the home theater.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If you love the CD you have to get the Operation Livecrime DVD. Every now and then I have a few beers and crank that way up on the home theater.

I didn't know such a think existed!  This may just replace my Metallica S&M Concert DVD as my favorite "piss off the neighbors when their hip-hop shit shakes the house" DVD!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Here's the link to Amazon:
Livecrime DVD

Enjoy. . .
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Another Queensryche fan checking in here...

Mindcrime is freaking AWESOME...I also like Rage, and the older stuff as well.

Watching that video (even though the sound crackles), and remembering how great that guy can sing live...

Kinda makes you wonder how people like Brittney Spears get payed so much to lip synch...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I loved them.  Band I was in in the 90's did Last time in Paris among other tunes by them.  

Then, for the first time, I listened to the spoken word part in the beginning of the tune "Best I Can".

I don't like them anymore.  You can tell they are from Seattle!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Queensryche, oh yeah.

LOL........you morons make me laugh. You have no idea what your talking about

Morons? There's only 1 of me. Who's the dope?

Anyway, I actually liked OMC alot. Still have the CD. Just pulling your chains.

I do think it's kind of dopey to re-do your one good album 15 years after the fact tho. Write some good shit, if you're a talented band that shouldn't be too hard instead of living off your past. Got to give credit to Rolling Stones or Aerosmith, at least they kept writing and creating instead of going backwards.

Truth be told, I'm a "Lady Wore Black" Queensryche fan.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I saw them opening for Metallica.

I have the Queensryche 4-track 12" EP, The Warning, and Operation Mindcrime.  Good stuff, but haven't listened in a while.

SO????

.I have the FIRST Record they ever made... With "Queen Of The Ryche" on it... HA HA!!!!

The only record I dont have from them is The Warning. Now I gots me a mission!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I loved them.  Band I was in in the 90's did Last time in Paris among other tunes by them.  

Then, for the first time, I listened to the spoken word part in the beginning of the tune "Best I Can".

I was waiting for this.....The band has bought up huge sections of land to spare it from logging, I think one of em also owns a significant amount of an island in puget sound to preserve it from development.

They are tree huggers and part of the enemy with regard to gun ownership, afterall this is sKerryland.

Behind enemy lines....

Railgun....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was waiting for this.....The band has bought up huge sections of land to spare it from logging, I think one of em also owns a significant amount of an island in puget sound to preserve it from development.

They are tree huggers and part of the enemy with regard to gun ownership, afterall this is sKerryland.

Behind enemy lines....

Railgun....

I have no probelms with that - Teddy Roosevelt did the same thing and created our National Parks - and he used the government to do so.  These guys are buying land with private money - more power to 'em.

If I had the money, I'd want to buy my own woods too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#40]
You guys know what the song "Best I Can" is about right?  I guy who accidentally shoots himself as a child and winds up in a wheelchair.  The spoken word part in the beginning is his mother and father arguing about having a gun in the house.  Dad wins the argument, then you hear the vocal:

"A child alone in daddy's room
Forgot what's hidden here,
No one here to catch me when I fall"

Makes me sick to listen to it, especially since I was a big fan.  By the way, Rage for Order is by far their best work.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:06:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
You guys know what the song "Best I Can" is about right?  I guy who accidentally shoots himself as a child and winds up in a wheelchair.  The spoken word part in the beginning is his mother and father arguing about having a gun in the house.  Dad wins the argument, then you hear the vocal:

Makes me sick to listen to it, especially since I was a big fan.  By the way, Rage for Order is by far their best work.

I just don't understand why that bothers you - it is a very emotional - very real song.  I see it as a lesson, especially for anyone raising kids.  I could see being upset if the chorus went "Ban gun for the children, ban guns for the children" - but it does not.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Well, geez... lets see.   I've seen threads about keeping loaded guns at the ready with kids in the house posted here, and there was certainly a difference of opinion.   Many gunowners that I know who use that approach have a quick access bedstand SAFE or some other means to be sure junior doesn't get access to the weapons.  And, most of us take care to educate the youngins about the dangers of guns and the fact that they are not to touch.  

I'm not sure that writing a dramatic song about conduct even the NRA would recommend against is irredeemably anti-gun.   If they wrote a song about irresponsible  drunk driving would those of us who don't drink and drive have occasion to get our underwear in a bunch?  I don't think so.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#44]
I caught them for the Building Empires tour ... they were amazing. Their multimedia shows were just fantastic.

I was just in New Orleans last week and discovered they'd played the House of Blues (and sold out) there. I was bummed- I would have enjoyed seeing them again. They put on a hell of a show.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just don't understand why that bothers you - it is a very emotional - very real song.  I see it as a lesson, especially for anyone raising kids.  I could see being upset if the chorus went "Ban gun for the children, ban guns for the children" - but it does not.

I'm overly sensitive maybe?

I just think there is too much anti gun crap put out by the media already.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I can't believe that I forgot to go....i remember everything, I just did what they told me......sister mary.......
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#47]
All you Queensryche fans, if you haven't already, check out Dream Theater. Though Queensryche doesn't put out OMC quality work anymore, Dream Theater comes close (actually, I'd say surpasses). Check out Scenes from a Memory.

Disclaimer: I'm just some jerkoff music fan with no affilition to anyone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Queensryche, oh yeah.

+1
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
All you Queensryche fans, if you haven't already, check out Dream Theater. Though Queensryche doesn't put out OMC quality work anymore, Dream Theater comes close (actually, I'd say surpasses). Check out Scenes from a Memory.

Disclaimer: I'm just some jerkoff music fan with no affilition to anyone.

Dream Theatre has been superior to Queensryche for, oh I don't know, the past ten years.
Queensryche is living in the past. They had the juice for one shot, and it's over.
Queensryche is nothing more than a guilty pleasure.

And to whoever said they were better than Pink Floyd, what kind of drugs do you take?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top