Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2004 9:20:49 AM EDT
Since I've "converted" to Asatru I've gotten the feeling that we have some "Pagans" here but our mostly Christian(or off shoots of it.) or Jewish. So I thought I'd do a quick poll just to see were we all stand on the matter. Please be honest, if you're not a practicing Christian check one of the other boxes, I want to see what people practice, not just what they say they are. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#1]
your gonna catch hell for putting christians with jehovas' witnesses and mormons
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
your gonna catch hell for putting christians with jehovas' witnesses and mormons

I fully understand that they have some very different believes BUT they are all, more or less, based on the teaching of Christ and that's why I put them together. Also, Catholics have some very different believes then, say, a Baptist but they still consider themselves "Christian" so that's why they're all lumped together, plus I wouldn't have had enough space to post more picks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh jeez...

Mormons...JW....Chrisitans...in the same category God help us!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, like I said, if you're a "Christian" but you've not been to Church in 10 years and don't pray on a regular basis the please don't check "Christian". Only check Christian if you live it, just saying that you're one doesn't count, that's why I have the "don't actively practice" box there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]
There's 1B buddhists and 1B Hindus that were left out of the poll.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They can go under the "Pagan" heading, if you check Pagan.org you'll find an entire section to these religions so that's why they can go under Pagan.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#7]
You have a problem with your poll dude.  Total of 23 votes but only 16 showing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Somehow 9 of the total votes are not shown.  Fix it or I'll tell Jessee Jackson!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm Catholic, please dont bunch me together in a "other" or "combined" list
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Roman Catholic
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Pentecostal Christian
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They can go under the "Pagan" heading, if you check Pagan.org you'll find an entire section to these religions so that's why they can go under Pagan.

I'm starting to think your just pulling our legs with this crap.

It's true because the net says so?  WTF?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Dude, log into Pagan.org and see for yourself. An entire section on Zen, Buddism, Hinduism, ect.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I fully understand that they have some very different believes BUT they are all, more or less, based on the teaching of Christ and that's why I put them together. Also, Catholics have some very different believes then, say, a Baptist but they still consider themselves "Christian" so that's why they're all lumped together, plus I wouldn't have had enough space to post more picks.

u r a fukin dipshit, but u get a pass since u r a gun owner....nuff said
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks 47, I'm glad that you're going to let me "play" on "your" forum.  As far as the poll goes, something just isn't right, none of the polls here are every right. Don't know if it's the web site or the program that they're running or what. Maybe a Mod will come on and fix it if we're lucky(hint, hint.)  I just wanted to see how many others there were that didn't follow the "main stream".  Funny, no one has voted "Islam" yet. I know in a forum this large someone has to be a follower of Islam.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Dude, log into Pagan.org and see for yourself. An entire section on Zen, Buddism, Hinduism, ect.

And what gives "pagan.org" the authority to be the be all, end all of religious categorization?.

I could make a website that says "click here to see a moron" and it shows a picture of you - does that make it true?

The traditional use of the term "pagan" has always referred to the various European polytheistic religions that existed in conjuntion with Christianity.

The New Age "pagans" all base ther wiccan or other such beliefs on these religions.

Hinduism is arguably close, but has bever been associated with those European religions.  Buddhism doesn't even HAVE "gods."
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Then I guess Buddists can click "athiests" then, if they don't have or believe in any gods.  All I'm trying to say is that if Pagan.org can list those religions on their web site then for the sake of this poll I can include them in the "pagan" catagory wether they're "pagan" or not is not the point. If we had more catagories then I could have put then in seperate ones but we're limited to the number of catagories that we have. Work with me here pard.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yeah, Kerry's also pro-2nd amendment because he hunts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I guess we could lump him in with "Gun Owner" if we ever did a poll on it and it'd be the truth.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I guess we could lump him in with "Gun Owner" if we ever did a poll on it and it'd be the truth.

An MM truth.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Roman Catholic here who also has interest in Pagan/Goth (reading about, not living). I like the darker side of the Catholic Church and its mysteries.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#25]
You left out ARFCOM worship.

CW
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You left out ARFCOM worship.

CW

If by "ARFCOM" you mean GUNS, then that's kind of a given, isn't it. LOL
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#28]
LDS, though that seems to invite persecution among many on this board.....  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm a Pedestrian.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'm a Pedestrian.

"Lace up and go forth."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top