Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 3:26:07 AM EDT
and got quite a turnout.

President Bush visits a packed Space Coast Stadium. (FLORIDA TODAY/Tim Shortt)

Sebastien Perron of Cocoa Beach sports a red, white and blue mohawk shaped as a "W" at the Bush rally. (FLORIDA TODAY/Craig Rubadoux)

Naturally, the place I work (PAFB) was involved too.

President Bush and his wife Laura meet a woman at Patrick Air Force base who's son is a Marine. They stopped there and met with about 20 people before departing Brevard County for Jacksonville. (FLORIDA TODAY/Michael R. Brown)

The newspaper article and some more pictures (like this)

A F-16 was forced to intercept a small plane that was flying near Space Coast Stadium during President Bush's visit. (FLORIDA TODAY/Tim Shortt)
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:30:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet that pilot shit his pants.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:40:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey 4Get...been to Bunkys lately?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey 4Get...been to Bunkys lately?

Mmmmmm, oysters - you bet! And the Tiki Hut up at the Cape too (great Old-Bay'ed "peelers").
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:17:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Yep, and when they told him to turn around he did - went right back over the staduim again.  The F-16 pilot said they damn near had to splash him too.  The snowbird was using a hand-held only, comm was poor, and the F-16 was guns-free.  Got REAL serious for a minute.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]

That would make a killer "OWNED" pic
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:52:27 AM EDT
[#6]
i worked  a detail  with them saturday at his first stop in southwest FL. It was nice to hear him speak in person.

J
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#7]
It was a great rally!

The traffic afterwards was really something. It took me about 2 hours to get clear of the stadium area.

Nobody seemed to mind though.

I think most took it as a sign of the high level of support Bush has here in Brevard - much higher than FLAToday reports.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:56:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

I'll bet he isn't a pilot anymore.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:57:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.floridatoday.com/galleries/news/102304intercept/images/plane1.jpg

That would make a killer "OWNED" pic

J
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top