Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 7:02:28 PM EDT
Looking for some info and opinions on crossbows.

I have always wanted to buy one, but each time I went looking or was about to order one, I ended up buying a gun.  So this time I am going to really buy one, just not sure which make and model to get.  

So, does anyone here have one?  If so, which make and model do you have?  Was it worth the money?  Would you recommend it?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Looking for some info and opinions on crossbows.

I have always wanted to buy one, but each time I went looking or was about to order one, I ended up buying a gun.  So this time I am going to really buy one, just not sure which make and model to get.  

You might as well just ask us what gun you should get next. You know damn well you'll just end up buying another gun!

I'll give you a make and model. COLT 1911
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, not a gun this time!  I swear!  Not a gun this time...

Plus got a 1911 already.

Seriously though, other than having a silencer on a pistol or SMG, what is a quieter killer than a crossbow out to 50 yds?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
why bother.  They wont let you hunt with it during archery season.  Have to wait until gun season to hunt with it.  Learning to use a bow would be better.  Or just get a silencer if you are worried about a quiet kill.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Crossbows are cool!  I have one that belonged to my father when he was a boy.  The draw weight on it is only about 100 lbs I think and it REALLY zings bolts.

I played with that thing quite a bit as a kid.  I lost most of the bolts due to them getting stuck so far in tree trunks, they wouldn't come free.  I still have a bunch of fishing bolts though!  I'll have to try them on some carp!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, PA has the disability clause for archery season, either temporary or permanent, varies with the severity of your disability.  It is dependent upon whether you can pull and hold a compound/recurve bow back.  I just had surgery on my right wrist which has reduced the amount of stregth I can lift or pull with that hand/arm.  I talked to my doctor, and he does not think I will ever regain full strength in my hand/arm.  So, for me, it would be a useful tool to get.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I like Barnett crossbows.  I haven't tried others so they might be good or better.

I have the Barnett Quad 300.  I like it.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
They are banned in CA. (pistol grip and large capacity quiver)

CW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top