Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 4:10:14 PM EDT
If I want to do something, I will do it, whether it will cost me a lot in the long run.

I do this with buying stuff - guns, gear, etc.

I also do it with bad habits - staying up late when I should be getting enough sleep for the next day at work.

Trying to change my behavior. Anyone also struggle with this?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
You? Compulsive?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
exactly! .. i live in the now ... not the near future!

i know that no matter what i spend my money on, or my time doing, that i can get to work and get my job done, thus be paid to keep doing it like that.

i am a rebel with a cause, and that cause is me!

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm the same way.

I used to stay up until 3-4 am and get up for work by 7...

Now I am usually in bed by 12,

It's all about HABITS,  change ONE thing at a time, make yourself do it

and before you know it, BLAM! You have GOOD HABITS!

Sounds easier than it is, but it works (at least for me)

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If I want to do something, I will do it, whether it will cost me a lot in the long run.

I also do it with bad habits - staying up late when I should be getting enough sleep for the next day at work.

I used too ... need to discipline yourself. If you don't, it'll catch up to you and overtake you. Especially if ya gots a wife/kids.

Ya gots to be the man with the plan.

What do you do for work? May I ask?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used too ... need to discipline yourself. If you don't, it'll catch up to you and overtake you. Especially if ya gots a wife/kids.

Ya gots to be the man with the plan.

What do you do for work? May I ask?

Professional white colla. Architecture/constuction admin

I'm pretty organized at work, it's my personal life that's screwy - go figure.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, thanks. Had to ask for interest sake.

I'm a commodity trader, and I guess with any line of work, sleep is needed. So I've disciplined myself to get enough sleep.

I've heard certain studies have indicated that if one neglets their "personal sleep cycle" by an hour a nite/day ... that it would be the same as intoxication.

I don't know your age, but if you're close to the 40 or over age (like me) ... MAN, WE JUST AIN'T GETTIN ANY YOUNGER! LOL

Don't know what to say about the personal life dude ... why not try Church? Or Temple if you're Jewish.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I've learned that if you're the best at what you do, you can get away with almost anything.  I got drunk and slept through work one day last week and they thanked me for coming in the next time I showed up.  It's a give and take relationship, I must admit, though.  I bend over backwards for them and they do the same for me.  I do walk on water in that place, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top