Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 3:58:10 PM EDT
As some here may know from reading my replies regarding my children school, I am very involved. I ask daily what was talked about and what happened during the day. Well today one of my daughters, beat me to it by coming through the door saying "You are going to be so proud of me"

As it turns out it was red, white and blue day in which the kids wear those colors. My kids both wore their BUSH 04 pins that we got from none other then the local gun store(I do some smith work for them).  They had a speaker there for both Bush and Kerry.  My daughter begins to tell me how the sKerry rep started in by telling them that if they like to play their music loud, dye their hair different colors, pierce their ears etc, they had better support the Kerry campain as a Bush led country will not tolerate those things. He went on to tell them that kids would not have to listen to their parents if Kerry was elected. Gay marriage was brought up and he told them that, get this "gays should be allowed to marry, its just not fair to tell them they cant".

So the Lady who spoke on behalf of Bush, I guess spoke very clear and her message was that of pride and honor. My daughter said that all the things she said about Bush were about him, not what was wrong with Kerry.  Her reply to gay marriage was simple, "I believe in one man, one women, you do not. This is the USA, you have that right."

My daughter and her friend raise their hands. Her friend is chosen and asked the sKerry rep "If we dont have to listen to our parents and people dont have to listen to the rules then people would just do what ever and the world would be a pretty bad place" The guys response (aggrivated if I read my daughters tone correct) "THATS NOT WHAT I MENT! Next question?"

I just  listened as she went on about how the guy was almost mean and didnt smile once. How he "bashed Bush" more then anything.  After a few minutes of the story, out from behind her back is her new BUSH 04 sign! She was so proud of that sign. I am so proud of her for seeing right through the BS that is being spewed daily by the left.

The icing on the cake is shortly after talking ot my kid, we ran into one of her teachers while picking up the youngest from an after school deal The first thing she asks my daughter is "Did you here that guy talking about John Kerry today?" She tells me that the guy was a terrible speaker, said things that made no sense and that most of the kids thought he was weird. I was cracking up. SHe said the guy was like a desperate car salesman trying to sell an old lady a car!

Anyway, here is my girl and her new sign!
CH

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There may yet be hope for the younger generations.  (which unfortunatly I am part of)
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
My high school is about 50% Bush, 25%Kerry(includes teachers), and 25% undecided/nader
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I am younger too.GO DUBYA!!See,all hope is not lost.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My daughter's (Catholic) High School:

Bush - 79%

D-head- 21%

So much for "Catholic" Kerry.  Whadda dick.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Great picture and story. Congratulations on having such a great kid.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]
my damn high school is a bunch of wild eyed liberals. and wont hear any  one elses opinion on why  any one support bush.

vote bush 04

bbr
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Standing in for sgtar 'til he gets here, and a pre-emptive '+1!' -

"45 States"
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]
My daughters school had a vote today...Bush won. She said that within the voting at schools throughout the country it was..

Bush - 55%
Kerry - 40%
Nader - 5%
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
You should be damn proud of the young lady.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You should be damn proud of the young lady.

I am very!
CH
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Who are these losers wasting their time proagandizing kids who cant even vote?  Are they being paid for this? If not, dont they have something better to do?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#12]
it's a telling sign when even kids make you look like a moron.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Who are these losers wasting their time proagandizing kids who cant even vote?  Are they being paid for this? If not, dont they have something better to do?  

Leave it to you Raven to ask that.

The girl, speaking on behalf of  the President, was a High school student that just turned 18 and took time away from class to come down and speak. The other guy, well was "old like you dad" as my daugther so gently put it. I dont know who he was or who sent him, but I was glad they chose who they did. The term "ASSHAT" comes to mind.
CH
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave it to you Raven to ask that.

The girl, speaking on behalf of  the President, was a High school student that just turned 18 and took time away from class to come down and speak. The other guy, well was "old like you dad" as my daugther so gently put it.

OK, starting to see the picture here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top