Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 9:30:43 AM EDT
Ok, I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm a registered Republican and I live in Dallas. I voted for Mr. Bush the first time around and I intend on voting Republican across the ballot, except maybe the Presidency. I will not vote for John Kerry, period...end of story.

So here's my thought. As have many Americans, I'm somewhat disappointed with our choices for President. Bush, while generally a good man, has I believe dropped the ball a couple of times. However, I like that he's a straight shooter and man of his word even if he has trouble expressing it. I believe he was a great leader during and just after the 9/11 period, but he's lost my confidence since that time. Kerry, well there's absolutely nothing I like about Kerry.

Now understand, I don't necessarily believe in Nadar's platform, other than I think it would be good to shake up the two party system. I don't think Nadar would make a good President, but I think a message is sent to our government when people still vote for a third party when everyone knows there's no chance in Hell of that person being elected. And I guess, I'm trying to decide if voting my consciensce would be a vote for Nadar. I don't think Bush has too much to worry about in Texas, and if I thought it was going to be close here, I'd probably vote for "W", but I don't expect it to be close.

So if I don't feel like I can in good conscience vote for Bush or Kerry, should I vote for Nadar or just leave the Presidential box unchecked?

Flamesuit on.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#1]
you're gonna get flamed.

write in ted nugent
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#2]

DAMMIT!

I need a bigger slapping icon!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So if I don't feel like I can in good conscience vote for Bush or Kerry, should I vote for Nadar or just leave the Presidential box unchecked?

You should slap yourself silly for being so gullible and listening to the media spin about the president, then you should vote for President Bush.  Or stay at home...we are talking Texas, so your vote won't swing things one way or another.  But at least you'd show good sense by voting for the President.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Bush, while generally a good man, has I believe dropped the ball a couple of times.

Since he's not perfect, that's a reason to not vote for him?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out Pertouka or Badnarik. If not, then just vote Bush.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should slap yourself silly for being so gullible and listening to the media spin about the president, then you should vote for President Bush.  Or stay at home...we are talking Texas, so your vote won't swing things one way or another.  But at least you'd show good sense by voting for the President.

This is the end of the thread. It will be 200 people saying the exact fucking thing rephrased.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

PLEASE SOMEONE!!  A bigger icon here!!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the end of the thread. It will be 200 people saying the exact fucking thing rephrased.

I agree, after this people will just keep on repeating others, only changing the sentence slightly to make it seem like they came up with an original thought.

ETA: Oh, and vote for Bush.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Pack yer shit and get out.

I AM A TEXAN AND I SUPPORT MY PRESIDENT!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Vote Badnarik 2004! Nader is a communist.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't have to fucking get out of anything.

Are some of you people this fucking thick headed?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have to fucking get out of anything.

Are some of you people this fucking thick headed?

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PLEASE SOMEONE!!  A bigger icon here!!

SGatr15

Back at ya' pal...

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Vote Badnarik 2004! Nader is a communist.

Didn't we run you off once already?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Badnarik is an infinitaly better choice than Nader or even Kerry. Wouldn't you agree? If a person has qualms about Bush, why not one of the next best two? Peroutka or Badnarik?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Now understand, I don't necessarily believe in Nadar's platform...

Then how can you vote for him?

Do what you want...it's your vote...but if Kerry gets in office we are fucked.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#18]
If you can't vote Bush, vote Nader. And yes, he's a commie.

Keeping Nader out there splits the left's vote. That gives the kook base of the leftist movement a place to go. It helps keep the 'mainstream' Democrat out of office.

It worked in 2000. Which is why the Democrats are furiously trying to keep him off the ballot.

On the other hand, Bush needs all the popular votes as he can get. Just to shut the left up.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now understand, I don't necessarily believe in Nadar's platform...

They how can you vote for him?

Do what you want...it's your vote...but if Kerry gets in office we are fucked.

Yep. It could, concievably, start the next civil war. At the very least it would give us a figurehead jackass Prez blocked by a Republican majority in Congress. The economy would still tank however.

Kerry doesn't stand a chance though. Despite the MSM's desperate spinning of the poll numbers to make it another close race. Ain't gonna happen.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Every vote for Nader gets chucked into Kerrys % when the Dan Rathers of the media assess the elections.  Then the pundits will say that if it weren't for Nadar, Kerry would have won.

So...A vote for Nadar, in a sense, is a vote for John Kerry-Heinz.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If you can't vote Bush, vote Nader. And yes, he's a commie.

Keeping Nader out there splits the left's vote. That gives the kook base of the leftist movement a place to go. It helps keep the 'mainstream' Democrat out of office.

It worked in 2000. Which is why the Democrats are furiously trying to keep him off the ballot.

On the other hand, Bush needs all the popular votes as he can get. Just to shut the left up.

That's my thinking right there.

If you really can not vote for Bush then vote for Nader. It will take votes away from sKerry.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks guys...I lapsed for a moment. I haven't been to the range in a couple of months and it may be having an effect on my ability to think clearly.

I think I'll be taking the tommy gun for a spin this weekend, drink a 12 pack of Shiner and find my "center". It's a Zen kind of thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#23]
If you arent going to vote Bush or Kerry why the fuck would you vote Nadar over Badnarik?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#24]
it doesnt matter who you vote for, texas is locked down.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#25]
At this point in US history, given the war on terror and other Constitutional rights on the line, Bush is the only choice. Anyone else will redirect this country into ignorance and 9-11 will happen again.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#26]
A vote for Badanik will inspire the Repubs to be more fiscally conservative.

A vote for Nader will give him matching Federal Funds and encourage the Dems to become more liberal.

I would still vote for Bush. I am still against his social spending and his immigration policies, but I do support him on the 2nd Ammendment and the war on terrorism.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top