Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:49:19 AM EDT
I talked to a friend of mine yesterday who went to the polls with her mother to vote early here in Madison, WI. After she told me what she did I just don't know if I can ever call her a friend again. The pure evil that she perpetrated at the polls is almost too unbearable for me to take. This is her true story...

Both of them are Republicans, so just as you might suspect they both had sinister plots to intimidate and disenfranchise the democrat voters. They headed downtown to the polling station, right in the heart of the UW campus and walked inside. As soon as they were in, they noticed that EVERYONE was plastered with Kerry/Edwards stickers, patches, and buttons. Perfect...ripe for the picking, I'm sure she thought. Their plan was to lay low, take a low profile, quietly cast their ballots, and then slip out unnoticed.  Bad enough I thought, but what I didn't realize is that they would end up doing something so terrible and evil that it just makes me furious!

So, my (now ex) friend, lets call her Beth, entered her voting booth and cast her ballot (for GWB of course ) and then walked out. Her mother was still in the booth, so apparently she decided that now was the time to really reak some havock on the democrat voters. She immediately stepped back out of the way, into an unobtrusive position, and decided to quetly wait while her mother finished. I was shaking my head at the injustice she was delving out to those poor unsuspecting democrats. As she was standing there, a guy, plastered in Kerry/Edwards stickers, walks past and says to her,"So, did you vote?"

She nodded her head. Then, as the guy was entering an elevator he turns, with grin on his face, gives her the thumbs up and says,"For Kerry right?"

Just as the elevator doors were closing she shook her head.  I was dumbstruck! That guy must have really had his feelings hurt by that, but she obviously didn't care and thought that voting her conscience was the right thing to do...right.

At that moment, Beth's mother came out of her voting booth and the plan was to quietly and quickly slip out, completing their sinister plan of suppressing the democrats, but just then a woman walked up to them and said with glee, "This must just make Gerorge Bush absolutely SICK!"

Beth's mother then responded,"What makes him sick?"

The woman said,"The fact that people can vote early and they're ALL voting for Kerry!"

Beth's mother looked the woman straight in the eye and said,"Not these two people."

With horror on the woman's face she stared back at them and said,"You have GOT to be kidding me! Why on earth would ANYONE want to vote for Gerorge Bush! YOU PEOPLE make me SICK!!!"

Just then, some other Kerry sticker/button/patch plastered saints who were easily within earshot  decided to come over and try and help out that poor woman who was being ganged up on by Beth and her mother. A group of them formed around Beth and her mother, thinking they were going to help out the poor woman, but little did they know that they were about to get some of the worst intimidation and disenfranchisement of their lives! Immediately Beth and her mother started recieving blessings from  the poor woman's rescuers, such as,"Fasciast!!! Baby killers! Nazi bitches!" and the like. Beth and her mother, knowing now that they were able to crush the rights of those democrats like roaches under their heels, quickly left, with tears in their eyes.

At this point I was so raving mad at what Beth and her mother had done, that I just hung up on her. How DARE they cast a ballot for who they think should be president! How DARE they vote for GWB and then tell another democratic voter, who started a conversation with them, who they voted for! And I'm wiling to bet that this isn't just a isolated incident either. I bet this kind of thing happens all over the country!

What's really sad to me is that this happened in the wonderful utopia of Madison, WI of all places.  
|
|
|
V

You think that you'd be safe from Bush voters here, but apparently you aren't.  

Seriously, I'm pissed. I think I would have laid out some of those assholes flat on their backs if I would have been there to see them do that to my friend.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I just hope that something like that happens to me when I go to vote.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So do I. I'll be in uniform from doing a man-day (USAF Res). Of course being in Louisiana, where I have seen thousands of W signs and sticker, and a grand total of 7 Kerry signs and stickers, I think I'll have a peaceful day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You think that you'd be safe from Bush voters here, but apparently you aren't.  

Hah. You aren't safe here either!

More "W" in 2004!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1  I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that it happens to me or I witness something like that happening to someone else.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Madison is the hotbed of Liberalism in Wisconsin...is it not?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Madison is the hotbed of Liberalism in Wiscinsin...is it not?

What do you think? Just look at that sign
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Bullet. Head.

Combine the words as you wish.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Damn, I wish it would happen to me too.  Sadly it won't.  I live in about the most conservative state of Utah.  Hmm, well maybe I could lounge around downtown Salt Lake City.  They have a lot of libs there.  Might let the wife slap and kids slap them around a bit if they get to uppity.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#10]

If your "friend" and her mother didn't report it to the proper authorities - they are fucking stupid.

She should have called up the RNC and made a formal report with names, dates, times, locations.

They should have also immediately called up every local news station and radio station to report it also.

It's shit like this being pulled by the Democrats right now that EVERYONE must report because you KNOW they are gonna do it en masse on Nov. 2.

It doesn't make me sick that the Kerry crowd did that - it REALLY makes me sick that your "friend" and her mother took it right up the ass, smiled and did nothing about it!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So do I. I'll be in uniform from doing a man-day (USAF Res). Of course being in Louisiana, where I have seen thousands of W signs and sticker, and a grand total of 7 Kerry signs and stickers, I think I'll have a peaceful day.

I'm hoping the same, but in this town, finding an active Democrat  is about as easy as finding an honest lawyer........ I'm guessing my time at the polling station will also be quiet and peaceful.  Damn!
I just hate having this bad luck streak.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#12]
i will face a bunch of kerry supporters at the local polls, i hope someone says something to me, i will scream voter itimidation like crazy

i already feel intimidated by the fanatic kerry supporters, stealing my w signs, i am afraid to go outside now....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#13]

This billboard, you're kidding, right?

Photoshop, right?

If not, actual freedom loving, constitutionally based American's are in very big trouble.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If your "friend" and her mother didn't report it to the proper authorities - they are fucking stupid.

She should have called up the RNC and made a formal report with names, dates, times, locations.

They should have also immediately called up every local news station and radio station to report it also.

It's shit like this being pulled by the Democrats that EVERYONE must report because you KNOW they are gonna do it en masse on Nov. 2.

It doesn't make me sick that the Kerry crowd did that - it REALLY makes me sick that your "friend" and her mother took it right up the ass, smiled and did nothing about it!

Whoa, slow down there. I never siad that they weren't doing anything about it. I'll make sure that they do report it and the proper people are notified.

The thing that makes ME sick is the fact that even though it will get reported, I seriously doubt the media will give it any attention whatsoever. Don't you understand that it takes a LOT of work and a LOT of time for them to find Republican voters doing the same thing, so they can report THAT? With all that work, they certainly don't have time for reporting things like this  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#15]
aren't there laws against campaigning at polling stations? you should notify the local republican party and have them send some observers to that polling area.  we cannot let this kind of bullshit go on.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Madison is the hotbed of Communism in Wiscinsin...is it not?

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This billboard, you're kidding, right?

Photoshop, right?

If not, actual freedom loving, constitutionally based American's are in very big trouble.

No, no joke. I've driven right past that sign. In fact I get a local newspaper called "Shopper Stopper" (it comes free, I don't know why). Anyway, it has that same image on that billboard in ads in the paper.

Also, check out  www.madison.com/ Notice anything familiar there?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#18]
The polling places around here are free of that sort of thing, too bad...I love getting in the face of Kerry idiots.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It's shit like this being pulled by the Democrats right now that EVERYONE must report because you KNOW they are gonna do it en masse on Nov. 2.

Those Kerry supporters were breaking the law.  You can't do electioneering like that at the polls.

WTF is up with all of this early voting?  What happened to first Tuesday in Novermber?  Why are they voting now if they're not going to be out of town on Nov 2?  Why are Democrats so stupid they think Bush will be upset that people are voting early?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Why are Democrats so stupid they think Bush will be upset that people are voting early?

Because they're Democrats, why else?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#21]
The star inlay behind the word "forward" is upside down.  Isn't that a satanic sign?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'll be wearing my NRA tshirt, NRA hat, and a I'm The NRA and I vote sticker on my shirt when I vote.   During the Clinton years I wore my NRA "Charleston Heston is my President" shirt
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+2000

I think I will wear my steel toed boots just in case I get lucky.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Still got my NRA voting hat.  I vote at the local VFW hall so it's not so bad.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#25]
There are no polls open in Wisconsin.

There is no early voting.  There's absentee voting (which may be done in person at the office of your city's Municipal Clerk), and voting on election day - that's it.

This story is obviously for entertainment purposes - don't get your dander up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#26]

I don't know if I should call BS on this story.  It is illegal to display campaign banners, buttons and literature ANYWHERE INSIDE OR NEAR ANY POLLING STATION.  No campaigning is allowed.  Those people would be arrested.  BTW I am a Bush voter, but I don't buy this story.

Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Wow.  Are you guys saying that he's lying?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I'm just relaying the story as she told me (With a little twist of sarcasm for entertainment). I didn't realize polls were open in WI early either, but according to her they were, and that's what happened to her.

I was telling this story for entertainment, yes, but that doesn't mean I just made it up.  They may have been voting absentee, I don't know I didn't get those particular details. I'll try and see if I can find any more info after work today and update the thread.

Oh, and another thing. This friend of mine leads a college aged women's bible study at her apartment. Well, many of these girls go to school at UW. One in particular said that her roommate is working for the Kerry campaign and she stands around campus and passes out literature, and tries to register voters. Apparently, she refuses to register anyone who won't vote for Kerry and she won't even talk to them or give them absentee ballots. This is, of course, also illegal, but keep in mind this information is 2nd or 3rd hand.

All of the girls in the bible study say that they hate living down town right now because of all the rabbid Kerry loving commies running around trying to jam their propoganda down everyone's throat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I just found out for sure that you CAN vote early in WI. Not that I really like this website much, but unless they're lying they say this:

Early voting in person
You may vote early at your municipal clerk's office from October 4 through the close of business on November 1, 2004.

(Scroll down to the bottom)

www.whsaonline.org/

Another source:

Other key states this year have already begun in-person voting, including Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada, Ohio, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

www.wfsb.com/Global/story.asp?S=2442237&nav=1VGlS5rg

While not proof that this story is true, that at least establishes that she COULD have been voting early here in WI. I have no doubt that she was telling the truth, but I don't see how I can possibly prove it to any of you. If you don't want to believe it then that's your decision.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#30]
so, were authorities, press, and GOP officials notified?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#31]
i dont know about the story, but that sign looks eerily similar to some 1930s italian fascist literature...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I was watching the news last night with my wife, and we were appalled to hear that the Virginia Democrats are trying to get 750 volunteer lawyers to sit outside voting places to "advise voters on any questions they might have".

Appalling.  WTF is this country coming to?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
so, were authorities, press, and GOP officials notified?

I haven't talked to her at all today and to be honest it never even occured to me to tell her to contact these officials when I heard the story last night.

This friend of mine is actually a teacher in the school that my little brother goes to and my mom sees her usually every day when she picks my little brother up, so I told her to relay the message that I thought she should contact the appropriate authorities. Hopefully she will. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I really believe that the election system needs to be reformed into some sort of Iron Fist dictatorship type thing.  You have to vote in your precinct.. must have ID all that stuff.  NO EARLY polls.

There also needs to be serious reformes to the absentee ballots.  And with the news floating around about the DNC working strange magic with the overseas/military ballots.. .. I see a huge.. disgusting legal battle coming on.

The democratic party and its liberal army.. are a discrace to the United States.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Still got my NRA voting hat.  I vote at the local VFW hall so it's not so bad.

I also vote at a VFW hall about 2 blocks away.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I really believe that the election system needs to be reformed into some sort of Iron Fist dictatorship type thing.  You have to vote in your precinct.. must have ID all that stuff.  NO EARLY polls.

There also needs to be serious reformes to the absentee ballots.  And with the news floating around about the DNC working strange magic with the overseas/military ballots.. .. I see a huge.. disgusting legal battle coming on.

The democratic party and its liberal army.. are a discrace to the United States.

I agree 100%, but I don't believe it will ever happen. At least no reform with teeth to it will ever happen. They may pass some "feel good" reform to make people believe that the problems are solved, but the democrats would never actually want to have any legislation passed that would actually ensure that people could only vote once and not cheat.

The reason for this is that in order to make it so that people couldn't cheat, it would make it "harder" to vote. People would have to actually be expected to have responsibility. People would have to have valid ID's, be able to fill out more extensive paperwork, go to the proper precincts and actually take time out of their schedule to jump through the hoops to cast a vote.

This type of system favors the Republicans, because Republicans, by nature, tend to be the working class, responsible citizens, while many of the democratic voters are the lazy people who sit in front of Oprah all day long and collect welfare checks. You think they want to have to get off their couch to go and vote? No way, it's much easier to have a DNC worker come by their house and drop off a bunch of absentee ballots that are almost completely filled out for them already and then mail them in, postage already paid.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041021/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_day_after_strategy_12

Six so-called "SWAT teams" of lawyers and political operatives will be situated around the country with fueled-up jets awaiting Kerry's orders to speed to a battleground state. The teams have been told to be ready to fly on the evening of the election to begin mounting legal and political fights. Every battleground state will have a SWAT team within an hour of its borders.

The Kerry campaign has recount office space in every battleground state, with plans so detailed they include the number of staplers and coffee machines needed to mount legal challenges.

"Right now, we have 10,000 lawyers out in the battleground states on Election Day, and that number is growing by the day," said Michael Whouley, a Kerry confidant who is running election operations at the Democratic National Committee (news - web sites).

While the lawyers litigate, political operatives will try to shape public perception. Their goal would be to persuade voters that Kerry has the best claim to the presidency and that Republicans are trying to steal it.

Democrats are already laying the public relations groundwork by pointing to every possible voting irregularity before the Nov. 2 election and accusing Republicans of wrongdoing.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I don't know if I should call BS on this story.  It is illegal to display campaign banners, buttons and literature ANYWHERE INSIDE OR NEAR ANY POLLING STATION.  No campaigning is allowed.  Those people would be arrested.  BTW I am a Bush voter, but I don't buy this story.

Prove me wrong.

Interesting...

On Election Day, voters will be protected from campaign pressures by a 50-foot cone, an invisible barrier that campaign workers cannot breach. Not so for early voters.

While the Voter's Bill of Rights in state law says they have a right to "vote free from coercion or intimidation by elections officers or any other person," a glitch in the newer early voting law does not include the same 50-foot guarantee.

As a result, with early voting taking place in busy public places like City Halls and libraries, voters are voicing complaints of being blocked by political mobs, or being singled out for their political views. Others say they have been grabbed, screamed at and cursed by political partisans of all stripes.

www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-pglitch23oct23,0,3825651,print.story?coll=sfla-news-palm

I've been too busy lately to talk to this friend of mine since I posted this, so no new news there, but I just thought I'd post this article as I think it helps substantiate the story a little more.

Regardless, I trust this person to tell the truth about what happened. Others can believe what they want, but I believe that she's telling the truth. I don't know of any way to prove it, short of showing you video footage, which obviously doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#39]
The article is about Florida voting regulations, not Wisconsin.

,,,and irregardless is not a word.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Others say they have been grabbed, screamed at and cursed by political partisans of all stripes.

Oh pleezepleezepleeze, pleeeeeze let someone try to harrass me about my vote. Pleeeeezze!!!
I have so much pent up frustration right now....pleeeeze give me this outlet.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The article is about Florida voting regulations, not Wisconsin.

,,,and irregardless is not a word.

Hey, this is my thread, they'll be no grammar nazis!!!

I am the grammar nazi nazi!

No grammar nazi for YOU!

ETA: And all I'm trying to do is substantiate that this story IS possible. If it's happening in Florida, what makes you think it's not happening in Madison, WI? Did you see the Madison billboard picture I posted on page 1?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Heh. If you think the Democrats are shrill about Republicans "stealing elections" now, just try doing those things.  As it now, it's more difficult to rent a movie from Blockbuster (in terms of verifying your ID) than it is to vote.  And the Democrats want to keep it that way, for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#44]
It's happening in Florida:  Voter intimidation of Republican voters

I also as a joke put a W'04 bumper sticker on a friends car.  He is a Hispanic in Tucson, Arizona who voted for Bush in 2000 but was undecided in 2004.  He is no longer undecided.   He was driving to a class he is taking at a downtown campus when he noticed a Yukon Denali right on his bumper and he slowed down to let it pass.  It was a white kid of about 19 years old who flipped him off as he passed and then cut him off.  Now we work for  a Department of Justice agency so it could of been someone he had met in the line of work so my friend followed the kid and when he pulled up next to him at a traffic light he rolled down his window and asked the kid what was up.  

The kid started screaming that it was "motherfuckers like you and Bush that violate my rights and want to send us off to war.  You fuckers violate my freedom"

My friend laughed at the kid and yelled back "Violate your rights?  You're driving your daddy's $40,000 SUV,  vote Kerry kid and I hope you get what's coming to you, think draft"   At that the kid went off driving through a red light.

My friend is now voting for Bush as are most of the Hispanics I know.  How does a 19 year old white kid think his rights have been violated when he is driving a $40,000 SUV and attending the University of Arizona?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#45]
If that were to happen to me I would have FOX news on the phone asap
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#46]

On Election Day, voters will be protected from campaign pressures by a 50-foot cone, an invisible barrier that campaign workers cannot breach. Not so for early voters.

While the Voter's Bill of Rights in state law says they have a right to "vote free from coercion or intimidation by elections officers or any other person," a glitch in the newer early voting law does not include the same 50-foot guarantee.

As a result, with early voting taking place in busy public places like City Halls and libraries, voters are voicing complaints of being blocked by political mobs, or being singled out for their political views. Others say they have been grabbed, screamed at and cursed by political partisans of all stripes.

Hmmm... I am not aware of any early voting locations being open territory for partisan campaigning.  If this was true, why wouldn't there be charges and arrests? Gimme some links!

BTW, I know that the Democraps are truly gifted at cheating--and I know they cheat en masse (witness Chicago and Texas in 1960 which gave the election to Kennedy).  The scary thing is Columbus county in Ohio where the dems may engage in massive cheating, not to mention the "provisional ballot" scam they have going in all the battleground states.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top